“Don't waste the money!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bucyrus
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Don't waste the money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First let me say that if you are looking for a great room this place definitely delivers. My husband and I stayed in the Out of Africa Loft which has a whirl pool tub and fireplace. The room was clean, comfortable and as beautiful as the pictures depict, however, if you're looking for anything besides a good room look elsewhere. We paid for the couples massage ($225.00). For that price I expected top of the line products and a top of the line spa. However I got a dated tiny room and a masseuse who used lotion that smelled like cheap coconut. It was not a $225 experience at all. I pay $60.00 a month for Massage Envy and the service there is far more professional. The service we received in the over priced dining room was beyond poor. The food was underwhelming and dare I say down right NASTY! I could have dealt with my mediocre dinner had my server not been so incredibly slow and the chef so incredibly rude! The chef had the nerve to tell me that I should not have ordered my $36.00 Chilean Sea Bass and expected it to taste good because it is not a flavorful fish. And that my husband should order his burger less done because they use a char grill so that's why it tasted burned. This place is a complete rip off. Our meals weren't even comped. I have never had such a poor experience at anywhere this expensive, as a matter of fact, I've had better service at McDonald's. Long story short, don't waste your money. If you want to spend the type of cash they're charging, go to the Poconos.

Room Tip: Choose a loft, don't choose any rooms in the main house.
14 Thank Radina B
InnkeeperOH, Owner at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I am So sorry that you thought your massage was sub par. BUT you showed up 45 minutes LATE.
Several staff members heard you shouting at the top of your lungs an argument between you and your special friend.

I am sorry but you FORGOT to mention that we Happily Made you not 1 but additional Entrees. BOTH entries were licked clean.

Also ALL the Staff members over heard you indicating this is HOW a Person gets a FREE weekend. To post 1 star reviews.. ..... shame on you for trying to take advantage of the items we did to make you stay extra pleasant. The comments in our books in your guest room says other wise.

So to any and all NEW guests. We try extremely hard to make sure each and every stay is over the top to exceed YOUR EXPECTATIONS !!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

First off, i would really would like to say to ignore the "bad" reviews that are tied to HideAway Country Inn. I found HideAway Country Inn online and read some reviews and was a little hesitant to book due to the mixed reviews on trip advisor. However, I am VERY happy I did book with HideAway because we could not find anything wrong with it!! We stayed in the Oak Loft and it was very clean and exactly what we wanted, the staff was very friendly and polite, and everything met if not exceeded our expectations. The grounds are beautiful and the overall feel is very soothing and relaxing. The lofts are very nice if you want a little extra room because they have the loft area where the bed and bathroom is and then a sitting area with the fire place and jacuzzi downstairs. We had dinner and breakfast there and the food was very good and displayed in a nice way that reminded me of a 5 star restaurant. I am a big Nora Roberts fan and have read her trilogy Inn Boonsboro and HideAway Country Inn reminds me a lot of the B&B in those books but with a country feel! My husband and I would love to go back to HideAway again sometime when we are in Ohio visiting our families!

Room Tip: Go for the loft rooms!! they are removed from the main house so they are a little more private and h...
Washington Court House, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The service is awful. They are very rude and act as if they don't want to be there. Their website is very misleading and gives inaccurate information. They are argumentative when asked about this and not willing to take accountability for it, but more than willing to charge the guest for the wrong rates. After deciding to cancel my reservation due to this I was told to call somewhere else next time I wanted to make a reservation. Don't have to worry about that I wouldn't go to this place if I absolutely had to!! WOW! I would be extremely cautious if planning a visit here. First impressions make a big difference and my conversation on the phone with them was enough to cancel my reservation there!!

17 Thank Teri L
InnkeeperOH, General Manager at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We were upset that said we changed pricing;

unfortunately, the 50% off internet special can be used any time but a holiday weekend.

AS it is stated in the special, and during the conversation - we did offer other Sunday and Monday stays to use the 50% discount offer, as well as in the confirmation, if you would have chosen to book with us.

You had already received a promotional from us and unfortunately we cannot provide the over the top service for 50 dollars per night

Our standard service includes:

Full Breakfast ( fresh fruit, juice, coffee, pastries made in house with main entree, of our award winning egg souffle, double smoked extra thick bacon - 2 very large pieces, yogurt, and all served to you on white table clothes with linen napkins),

Double whirlpool tub,
King bed with silk sheets,
Sitting area,
Rockers on covered porch,
6 acres of manicured lawns and gardens.

The ability to use 2 discounts on any one stay does not cover the type of service we provide to our guests.

Unfortunately staff is not volunteer, the majority of our staff are single mom’s supporting their children. They do work very hard, and if you choose to tip..... tips are a part of what helps to get the kids fitted for school.

As stated repeatedly here on tripadvisor helping guests have a good time is one of our favorite aspects in what we do, and with so many reviews here on tripadvisor where guests have had that positive experience, we are really sorry that you didn't feel comfortable taking advantage of that service before you even stayed.

Travelers are raving about these Bucyrus hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am going to be very straight to the point here. Do not stay here! As many of the other posts share, these people are not ethical. The stay itself, was ok. This place is by no means what they advertise but it wasn't terrible. The issues all came during check out, and after we left. First, they added a tip to our bill that we didn't authorize. We caught it during check out and said it was ok to charge us for it anyways. Four days after we had checked out we had an additional "service charge" on our credit card from them. After calling multiple times to try and resolve the issue it is clear they have no interest in doing the right thing. They are telling bold face lies in an effort to steal money from us. Do your research and you will quickly find we are not the first people to have this issue with them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank WkEndWarrior2013
It was unfortunate that you choose to do what you did to the room that caused us to close the room to other guests for over 3 days, after your stay. We are very responsible in providing a clean and healthy environment for future guests. The Charges incurred were agreed to Prior to your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our inn. From time to time, and thankfully not often for both guests and innkeepers, there isn't a good fit between guests and innkeepers. Obviously, based upon your review and experience, this was the case.

Despite our best efforts, we did not provide you with the highly enjoyable experience we have provided to more than 98% of our guests. Clearly we were not able to resolve your distress, and for this we are extremely sorry.
Blacklick, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was to be a "date weekend" my boyfriend and I had planned for a very long time. Because of life getting in the way we had to keep putting it off. We finally made the decision to set the date for our "Sunset Sunrise" date. Did a lot of online searching and found the Hideway, which was centrally located between where we live. We had two choices, and the other location we were on a waiting list for. We had a list of things that were a MUST, a hot tub and WiFi in the room so we could watch our payper view fights that weekned, private balcony or patio. All were listed on the website and stated when I called. I made the reservation, they took my credit card payment for the first night and it all went down hill from there!! No one explained the combination locks so we left for dinner with our room totally open. The TV remotes were a joke! and had to have someone help us navigate them at 10pm in our robes after our "hot tub" evening because the TV was stuck on TBS. We still had to use the remotes from the bedroom and living room during our stay to change the channles and volume and the guide. There was a wedding on the grounds during our stay, outside of our room. The guests of the wedding were checking out our room through the window, while we were sitting on the "shared" patio. Not private patio as told when I called. The absolute WORST part of the stay was that the INN knew the entire time before I made the reservations and while we were there that the Wifi wasn't working and didn't disclose it on their website or over the phone. It would work at times in the main house but NEVER in our $199.99 room. We got several differnt stories from staff " oh once you log on up here at the main house it will work in your room" "oh we have had someone out her about 7 times this weeek" were just a few. Until the day we actually needed it for sure. We were getting down to the wire when we needed to log onto the site and no Wifi. Through many attempts at the main house and in our room still no Wifi. I went up to get some sort of resolution to matter. The lady at the front desk who I have since found out was the owner. Stated to me "well we are in the country!" "there was a strong storm that came through here last week" "We have had someone out here all week trying to fix it" At the point of my frustration she walked me down the hall, I thought show me another room to switch us to, she took me a dinning room. Her solution to me was for us to use a dinning room. I told her "are you kidding me?" You want us to use a dinning room opposed to the $199.99 room that we paid for where we could be comfortable and have privacy? A dining room in the main house not the room we paid for from 10pm to 1am really? her response to me was "well what are you using the WiFi for, you know it is in the Country and there was storm" I told her I could not believe her customer service and I had to go back to the room or I was gonna blow! She sent a young girl with a $6.00 bottle of wine for our trouble. I'm telling you beware if you go here. The owner thinks this palce is a masterpiece and it's clean nice area but there are a bunch of those out there that dont' charge 12.00 for appetizers. Place is a JOKE move on to the link for bed and breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank bellaspm
InnkeeperOH, Manager at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
TWO INTERNET PROVIDERS - and still not happy?

I am sorry the internet in your suite did not work. Still not sure why a PRIVATE AREA in the manor house unless they wanted to watch not the most upstanding in family programming?

The PROVIDER - Century Link was out of service.

That is why we have not only 1 but TWO( 2) internet access providers. The internet in the Mannor House works great. Both internet companies are wireless, with the top speeds available for the area.

Yes big storms went through 2 days before your stay. CENTURY LINK had indicated they would have it fixed, but did not. Thousands of their customers were out.

We tried to do everything to make your stay comfortable.

Wedding was only here for 2 hours, in the middle of the day. Shut your Blinds ! No one can see in then.

By the WAY No charge for the broken bottle of 47$ champagne.

So Please call today and see for your self the Great Blossom Suite ! with its private blinds, cathedral ceilings, and huge whirlpool tub, as well as the bathroom with chocolate marble. AND the full breakfast scarfed down that the plates were licked clean, so full that you can bearly make it to the double hammocks under the huge oak trees.

ask for the 2 internet providers special discount !
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the HideAway Country Inn, and below are the Pros and Cons from our experience:

PROS:
~Peaceful and relaxing environment
~Friendly, welcoming, and accommodating staff (and owner)
~Spacious and clean rooms
~Comfortable furniture
~Very comfortable bed (no b. bugs)
~Relaxing large Jacuzzi tub for two
~Table and chairs/desk area
~Small Fridge
~Excellent food (both for breakfast and dinner)
~Room service option
~Amenities such as lotion, shampoo and conditioner provided
~Housekeeping delivers extra amenties and towels if staying multiple nights
~Quiet environment
~Individual heating and cooling controls (A/C worked wonderfully well)!
~Ceiling fan in loft area, which kept it nice and cool upstairs

Cons (actually suggestions that we would have liked to have):
~Dish Network, but no premium channels. It would have been nice to have HBO or Showtime
~Skylight was nice; however, it would have been nice to have some type of electronic shade/covering to put over it. We attempted to take an afternoon nap (something we rarely get the opportunity to do), but the sun was just too bright shining through the skylight.
~Stairs from Jacuzzi should have some type of treading on them as they were very slippery (we ended up putting towels on the stairs to avoid slipping).
~One phone in room (upstairs). It would have been more convenient to have the phone downstairs, or have one up and one down.
~The Web site needs to be updated. For instance, it states that the Country Oak Loft has 2 televisions, but it only has one. It also states that bubble bath will be provided, but it wasn't (shampoo/conditioner; lotion; and soap only).

Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from the city and just relax, especially if you are like us and enjoy the convenience of room service. For $25, they will deliver your breakfast to your room. In addition, you can order a picnic dinner for two delivered to your room, which includes everything you could possible want. You can literally check in and stay in the entire time if you choose. It is very rare to find a B&B that offers these amenties! Not to mention, the owner and the staff were outstanding. We felt welcomed and cared for from the moment we booked the reservation.

Room Tip: Pay extra for delivery of breakfast and for in-room dinner. Completely worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chops1971
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in The Smith room. The view was beautiful and the air fresh. We very much enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. It was very quiet, we were barely aware of other guests staying at the inn. It was an enjoyable stay, everything was very clean and the room was well stocked with everything we could have needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucyrus
Holiday Inn Express Bucyrus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Fairfield Inn Marion
Fairfield Inn Marion
#4 of 7 in Marion

Been to HideAway Country Inn? Share your experiences!