We went for our anniversary and it was a mess from the moment we walked in the door. We stayed in the Cherry Suite and it was dark, outdated and noisy. Being that the room is located in the basement there are only egress windows that you cannot see out of. The floors were very creaky and every step anyone made you could hear in the room. The jacuzzi jets were visibly dirty and grimey, the sink had build up all along the faucet and the couch had several small stains and tears. While the employees had the best of intentions I think the Hideaway is very unorganized. No one seemed to know what the other person put into the computer. We quickly realized that any romatic add ons we requested we would have to hound them to receive. We asked the staff at least 3 times for our smore package and when we finally got it they said; "oh sorry we ran out of chocolate." What good is a smore without chocolate? We have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and generally the breakfast is a highlight of the trip. In this case it was not. The orange juice was watered down and came in a glass full of ice, the 1st course was the best part of the meal; a small scone and half an orange. The main course was an undercooked egg soufle and 2 pieces of bacon. Neither of us liked it. Nor did the other couple across from us. They left saying they were going to Mcdonalds. The final straw came when we asked what time we should check in to the other room that we made reservations for but couldn't have the 1st night because it was already booked. And they said " oh sorry someone called this morning and we gave it to them." Seriously!! I was already charged and had a print out from their computer system telling me that I had booked and paid for the room the previous night! Some would say it was a nightmare....we drove 2 hours to stay here for our 10th anniversary and we ended up leaving early. Honestly, I will never go back. The town was a bust as well....aside from the mexican restaurant. Not a thing to see or do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Mid-Ohio, Areas only Full Service Boutique Hotel or a larger Ohio bed & breakfast. Hideaway Country Inn offers a peaceful setting on 8 acres of exquisitely landscaped grounds and gardens. Hideaway Country Inn is tucked away in Ohio's beautiful farm country, located between Bucyrus, Marion, and Mansfield, Ohio. The area surrounding the Bed and Breakfast Inn has something for everyone whether you are a race fan, like to enjoy the theater and fine dining, a history buff, or the back to nature type. Explore the Heart of Ohio at the most luxurious and unique Bed & Breakfast in Ohio. Hideaway Country Inn's suites are perfect for many occasions. Whether you are having a wedding, a corporate retreat, celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, other special occasion, or just want to get away from it all for a while, Hideaway Country Inn is the perfect bed & breakfast for you. Each room/suite offers a unique theme and different set of amenities including a Private Jacuzzi, gas fireplace, Premium satellite TV, individual temperature control. Guaranteed Privacy. Rejuvenate with one of our many on-site Spa treatments provided by a licensed massage therapists. We invite you to explore our site and start planning your next getaway at one of the most relaxing Bed & Breakfasts in Ohio Come in and join us for Mid Ohio Sports Car Course Races! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your HideAway Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Country Hotel Bucyrus
- HideAway Country Inn Bucyrus, Ohio