“Meh. It's in Central Ohio.”

Holiday Inn Express Bucyrus
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bucyrus
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Have stayed here twice now while visiting friends in Chatfield (Horror Hotel, 6977 Sandusky Ave, is the coolest!!) They've remodeled since my 2008 stay and it's quite an improvement.

Overall was clean and fresh. Everything worked. Price was fair. Free breakfast here - and at all the Holiday Inn Express I've been to lately - was a good spread with a lot of variety and some fresh, healthy options.

Room Tip: The side away from the highway, of course!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This could have easlily been an excellent other then there is some cosmetic work being completed and the lobby was a little conjested. Overall the night I stayed here with my wife for her class reunion it was very good. I would recommend it to anyone traveling through the area the breakfast was also very filling.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed overnight visiting family. The hotel staff was nice, roooms very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and was always being stocked

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed one night. Rooms were clean, although I found old popcorn in the chair in one room. Took five minutes of tepid water in the shower before it was hot, and the shower head was installed so you have to duck if you're taller than 5'6". Breakfast was pretty pathetic, especially for the price - two overripe bananas, cereal, plain bagels, etc. Hampton is much better. Front desk was pleasant, but one of the slower check in/out processes I've seen.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights on business, I had requested a non smoking room and had not noticed on the confirmation that they only had a smoking room available, we did try to change but were told that they had no non-smoking rooms available which was understandable, as it was a busy weekend, would have been nice if they had come up and sprayed some air freshner, but I think they only have the one person on duty at night, we had trouble with the phone, and the lady from the front desk ended up bringing us 3 phones to try before solving the problem. We had noticed a leaky tap after our first night, and by the third night it had still not been fixed and by this time it was impossible to turn the tap off, when we called down to the front desk they told us there was no one available to fix it, and they offered to move us to another room, which we took.
Breakfast bar is nice plenty of choice.
Pool area was a bit miserable, no change rooms or pool towels, went down once but did not end up using it.
Plenty of free parking and just off the highway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were searching for a hotel in the area of the Norwalk Drags and all of the hotels surrounding Cedar Point and close to Norwalk were ridiculously overpriced. We're not talking the Ritz-Carlton or the Hyatt but most of those hotels were around $200 per night. We selected this Holiday Inn Express as it was about 40 miles from Norwalk and the price was about $100 per night per couple. We were give a king, non-smoking per our request and the room was clean, quiet, had a fridge. Nice comfortable king-size bed. A/C worked with off/on controls as the room temperture fluctuated. I even found that the window (we were on the 2nd floor) opened about 5 inches...which was just enough to let in a little fresh air, but not enough for someone to fall out (why they do that I don't know)...but it's a safety feature I guess. There was new carpeting and the lighting and furnishings were standard, appropriate and in good condition. I liked the fact that the nightstand had an alarm clock with really big digital numbers (easy to see in the middle of the night). The TV was one of those older, huge models rather than a flat screen but I guess that's a small thing. The breakfast downstairs starts at 6 a.m. with coffee (not bad) and lots of other things - the cinnamon rolls were pretty tasty and they had 'to-go' boxes and bags if you're in a hurry to get on the road. Very thoughtful. I didn't eat any of the other stuff but it looked 'presentable'. Instead we went over to the Bob Evans which is right next door and got what we wanted. Bob Evans was also nice - service a little bit slow...but otherwise the food was really good and we were on the road to Norwalk by 8:45ish...got there at 9:30 and had a BLAST! The only thing I noticed was that there were only 2 bath towels available. So it's okay if you only bath once...but I suppose I could have asked for more if needed. I didn't bother and used my towel from the night before. Not a big deal. In summary - a much better deal than hotels around Cedar Point. I also got the impression that they weren't swamped with a ton of people coming and going - like perhaps the Cedar Point hotels. They told us when we checked in that the pool was open until 10. I didn't bother as it was already 9 p.m. when we checked in and I had plans for a big day on Saturday at the Drags.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganQui1ter
Reviewed October 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed one night, but we would never go back. The staff was friendly but there were several problems. The room we were assigned was on the same side as US30 so it was a little noisy. It also was right next to the elevator and we were afraid that might be a problem, too. We asked to be moved to a room on the other side of the building and on the top floor and were told the hotel was completely full. When we turned on the heater there was a terrible smell so we turned it back off, although the room was quite chilly. At about 10:30 we heard a clanking, which we traced to the bathroom wall. It went away after a few minutes so we went back to sleep and hoped it had stopped. Then about 11:00 someone in the room above us took a shower. The noise from our bathroom sounded like Niagara Falls. I thought about calling the front desk, but we weren't go to say someone shouldn't use their shower. Finally the noise stopped, but we had to get up early and didn't get nearly enough sleep. The manager wouldn't refund the money because we didn't complain till morning. But we had already been told we had the last room so there wasn't any point in that and we certainly didn't want to get out of bed to repack and move at 11:30.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bucyrus? Share your experiences!