“plaza motel”
Review of Plaza Motel Bryan

Plaza Motel Bryan
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bryan
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Being one of the only motels in Bryan, one doesn't have a lot of choice. However, when my wife and I stayed there in mid July, we were quite pleased with the motel, our room and the owner/manager. A very minor gripe was the lateness of the breakfast offered.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Spent 2 nights and was very happy with their service. When we went for breakfast it felt like a bed and breakfast. The staff was wonderful and the food was great!
Very kid friendly.
You have access to the YMCA and just down the road from Walmart! Will be back again!

Room Tip: If you have kids get the rooms in the back, and bring something for them to play with outside. Larg...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
plazamotelgm, General Manager at Plaza Motel Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you Jerry & Kathryn for the wonderful review. We were glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks again for choosing the Plaza, and hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good place for staying the night. Management did all possible to make you comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Lynne for your wonderful review. Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have stayed here at least 5 times. The rooms have been great - clean, efficent, and comfortable. This is the Ritz, but it is the best bang for the buck in the area. The staff is nice and the rooms are always very clean.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are nice and away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom M
plazamotelgm, General Manager at Plaza Motel Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you Thomas. Yes indeed we are very proud of our little "Icon" in Bryan, Ohio. My housekeeping staff is the greatest! Thanks again for your wonderful review and for choosing The Plaza once again! Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Plaza is a ring of ground floor rooms on a loop driveway,on both sides of the central office, 50's style. That's always a plus for me because I have a lot of test equipment which I can't leave in the car and some is too heavy to want to trek it up stairs or even an elevator twice a day.

The room was very clean and homey and reasonably sized,with a desk, dresser TV, coffee maker and mini fridge. (Arriving late,dead tired, I saw the fridge, imagined a matching microwave and went back to a nearby grocery. Returning, I realized my error. I tend to heat meals in the room but, luckily, found a couple of very good places close to the job site.),

There was a queen and a smaller bed (full?). The queen was firm and comfortable, with plenty of thick pillows.

The abundant hot water was a welcome perk after a long day.

The only issues I had was the limited access to outlets, (common in motels from this era,) although it was obvious that the room had been remodeled/refurbished relatively recently.
For some reason, the remote wouldn't turn on the TV but worked fine otherwise, not really a problem; I only wanted the weather and news. However there was also a VCR? player and a loan library in the office, for those with the time.

According to a note in the room, they have just added a Breakfast Room, but I was on on my way before it opened, so I did not get to try it.

I initially chose the Plaza because it was the most reasonable within an easy drive of my work site but I plan to stay there, for any future visits to the area, because of the comfort and cleanliness. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Try a locally owned / operated place, like this one. You can be pleasantly surprised.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I travel extensively for business, I am accustomed to the chain motel treatment, what a refreshing change of pace the Plaza Motel in Bryan, Ohio is. A well taken care of, super clean, old fashioned, park in front of your room treasure. The staff was very accommodating and friendly,the rooms were comfy,cozy and had all the amenities,(including good wi-fi).The rates were very reasonable and the breakfast was just delicious. One of the best varieties of breakfast foods I have seen anywhere. The, muffins, egg casserole and sausage in crescents were obviously fresh and homemade. What a pleasant experience spending the weekend at the Plaza Hotel in Bryan,Ohio was.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank foto_johnyoc
plazamotelgm, General Manager at Plaza Motel Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thanks John, We are very grateful for your wonderful review! We certainly hope to see you again real soon! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us here at the Plaza!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was coming up for a visit with family for a week. My grandfather had also passed away on my visit. Management was polite and respectful. The rooms were super clean. Close to shopping and eats without all the rush. The staff thought of every little comfort you can imagine. It has a feeling of being home and they are so pet friendly. My little doggie loved her stay too! I had forgot an item when we checked out. The staff was quick to inform me and mailed my item to me with out question. Rates were good. Breakfast was great!! My family and I will be staying there again!! I would advise anyone that needs a nite or week to stay here. Its well worth it!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are awesome!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
plazamotelgm, General Manager at Plaza Motel Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the awesome review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
Rainbow Motel Montpelier
#2 of 2 in Bryan
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Napoleon

Been to Plaza Motel Bryan? Share your experiences!