“Very welcoming and helpful”

Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brunswick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming and helpful”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The staff made my stay very enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble for them and I found them very friendly.The room was very comfortable and kept very clean. I slept really well - peaceful location and very comfortable bed. I will certainly stay here again.
My only criticism is that the breakfast selection was good but did not vary from day to day and the seating area was a bit cramped; especially when other guests were being annoying and taking conference calls!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara M
j_patel222, General Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Barbara M.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Quality Inn, and we really appreciate you business and kind words. I will make a note regarding the selection and work with management to resolve. Again thank you for your business and your review, this provides us with a true perspective of our guest's experience and a good measurement of our service. We hope your experience will prompt another visit to our hotel so that we may thank you in person.
Again, Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Le Roy, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Have stayed here on several previous trips and it has become our home away from home. Staff is great and recognizes us when we arrive! Beds are comfy! Breakfast selection and room amenities have improved every stay! The wife and I would recommend this to others as a great stay!

Room Tip: any room is great but we have our favorite and prefer to keep it to ourselves.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
j_patel222, Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Mr. Jack & Adriana K,
Thank you for your repeat business & kind words! We really love having you here, & we really appreciate it! Myself and our staff hopes to see you next time when you're in town! I will pass your kind words to our staff, I'm sure they will be delighted to hear this! Thank You Again!
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had a coupon and got a room here for around $50. It seems to have been recently refurbished and was really nice for the money. Front desk guy was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had comfy bed and flat screen TV. Breakfast was pretty basic. No bathtub, but the large shower was fine for me. Was working with client in Bruswick, so was super convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
j_patel222, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
PaGuy,
Thank You for your kind words! We really appreciate you business, and very glad that you found our hotel to be valuable! Yes, we just completed our remodeling about 9 months back. I will pass your positive comments on to our housekeeping staff, I'm sure they would be delighted to hear this! We look forward seeing you at our hotel!

Thank You Again!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My #1 concern when traveling is the comfort/quality of the bed. The Quality Inn in Brunswick, OH has great beds, and we were able to sleep well without back pain every morning.

The woman I spoke with (Nicole) was extremely helpful in allowing me to choose the best rooms for our group, and gave me a funeral discount. I reserved three different rooms. The desk clerk on arrival even showed me the different rooms before I committed.

Housekeeping was just okay - not dirty really, but I thought they needed to swipe down walls/ceilings with a dust mop, and I didn't think they were ever going to vaccuum the side entrance, but they eventually did.

Maintenance needs to be careful that outdoor issues don't end up making this place look seedy. Dead plants, broken curbs, etc.

Breakfast is not so great, unless you're happy with cereal, coffee, english muffins, etc. I think the orange juice was Tang - remember that? - really nasty, but the apple juice was okay. There is a Bob Evans in walking distance if you want a real breakfast (or lunch or dinner).

Indoor/outdoor pool, no exercise room/gym, slow but free internet.

Overall good value, with excellent beds.

Room Tip: Queen rooms are not big enough for a rollaway bed or even a Pack-n-Play. Choose a king room! Also, b...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
j_patel222, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear BevLYH,

Thank You for staying with us during your funeral visit. We really appreciate your kind words & comments, we're glad that we were able to accommodate your family! I will make note of the breakfast, housekeeping and the outside appearance and the internet! It is guest like you that help us become perfect, and hopefully we can receive 5/5 after your next visit! Look forward seeing you again next time when your in the area!
Columbus, Ohio USA
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I was impressed with the attentiveness of the staff upon check-in, the cleanliness of the room, and the amenities of the room. Particularly liked the glass door on the shower stall, unlike the common shower curtain. The staff could not have been more helpful directing me to area restaurants. Had a problem with my SUV enroute to the hotel. (One consequence of the problem was that my truck could not back up.) The staff was very accommodating in allowing me to park in a position that allowed me to pull forward from the parking location, and assisted in directing me to area auto parts stores to obtain the part necessary to effect repair.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
j_patel222, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Thank you for your review and for your business! We really appreciate your time and your feedback so that we can continue to improve our operations. I'm glad your stay was satisfactory! I want you to know that your feedback is definitely valued. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our Cleveland/Brunswick area, hope you SUV got fixed and you are home safe!

Thank You Again!!
New York
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We normally stay at the Hampton Inn in Medina, a few miles south, on our semi-annual trip west to visit a relative. It was fully booked, so we used TripAdvisor to find a good nearby hotel. The Quality Inn was a disappointment.

As mentioned in an earlier review, half of the lights did not work when we checked in. The desk attendant came down and pressed the reset button on the GFI outlet in the sink area and the lights came on. There is obviously a problem here that has not been addressed, despite the manager's earlier commitment to a TripAdbvisor review to fix it. This problem occurred several times during the three days we were there.

We went out to dinner the first night, leaving a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and the TV on for security purposes. When we returned, the bed had been turned down and the TV turned off. Obviously a Do Not Disturb sign doesn't mean anything to the staff in this hotel.

The "hot breakfast" was a bit of an overstatement. It consisted of the same item every morning - sausages and yellow disks that I guess were some form of eggs. We left the breakfast one morning just as it was closing and there were countless sausages left. We arrived early the next morning and found about the same number of sausages - while we have no proof, it made us wonder if they were just recycled. The cream cheese packets were left out unrefrigerated during breakfast and we wondered whether they also were recycled - how would you know?

On the last morning, the regular and decaf coffee in the carafes were both ice cold, as they were the previous night. Obviously, no one made fresh coffee. We settled on having a bagel and some oatmeal. By the way, the hot tray that holds the sausage and eggs looked in the evening as though it had not been cleaned very well and is probably a good breeding ground for bacteria.

The shower door leaked water onto the floor no matter how hard we tried to deflect it.

The refrigerator was broken (yes, we reported these things).

Next time, we'll try another hotel. This one just wasn't up to par and I hope they have an inspection by the local Board of Health to review their breakfast area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
j_patel222, Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear SabreSailor,

Thank you very much for your business. We will take this as an opportunity to make the necessary changes to ensure your next stay is up to our standards. I do appreciate that you took time to tell us about your stay! Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We're looking forward to making these improvements so next time you can give us a perfect review! We hope to see you next time you travel back to the BWI area! Please contact me on 330-273-1112 (ask for Jack), I want to make this right, because this is not how we run our operations! Again I apologize and hope hearing from you and looking forward seeing you at our hotel with 5 Star Experience!

Jack, CHA
Quality Inn
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We blindly selected the Quality Inn of Brunswick, Ohio because of its proximity to our son. We were forewarned of the soccer tournament (as expected - a few kids tried to play tag in the hallways and quieted down by bedtime), and pending fullness of the hotel, but we took our chances all the same. It worked out wonderful. The place was very neat and clean - i believe it had just been refurbished. The television, refrigerator and microwave oven all worked as if they were brand new. The bed was very comfortable. There was a simple breakfast buffet which we enjoyed every morning of our stay. Jack and the rest of the staff (front desk and maids) were fantastic...quick to give printed directions, answer any questions and even help me with my new laptop (although there was a computer in the lobby for guests).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
j_patel222, General Manager at Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Hello Judi!

Thank you for blindly selecting Quality Inn! Glad you made and the right choice and were satisfied! Our staff hear really appreciate the kind words! We strive to keep the hotel neat & clean. We just completed our renovations about 1 year ago and we are very proud it!

We look forward accommodating to next time when you're in the area! Thank You Again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Holiday Inn Strongsville
Holiday Inn Strongsville
#1 of 5 in Strongsville
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Hampton Inn Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
#1 of 8 in Medina
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medina

Been to Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South? Share your experiences!