“Good location, okay property”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brookville
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It is nice that it is right off the interstate. While the property was nice, the breakfast was sub-quality compared to other Holiday Inn's. Also, the pool water was very cold. The rooms were clean. The wi-fi speed was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear dnumme,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. i am glad that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations specifically on breakfast and pool temperature. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I spent four days at a church conference near this hotel. We stayed four nights here, and after reading a number of reviews I was not looking forward to it. We were VERY surprised and found nothing resembling the negative reviews we read. The room and entire hotel was spotlessly clean. It appeared the room had been upgraded in paint, wallpaper, and window treatments. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well insulated so we heard no noise during the night.

The toilet was not flushing well in our room. After trying to fix it twice, we were upgraded to a king room with a few extra amenities just across the hall, an easy move.

We don't expect anything special for a free breakfast in a hotel called "Express," but we were very pleased with the selection and taste of all the food.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in this area or even on the west side of Dayton.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I were just passing through on business. I agree with a previous reviewer: Tired.The lamps all had different colored bulbs (yellow and white), so the room looked weird. The rooms are also in desperate need of some redecorating.

We were given room 132, which smelled awful, musty, like damp old towels. I should've requested another room.

I told the front desk that the room smelled bad, and the guy said "You're the second person to tell me that" If a hotel has a complaint about a room, shouldn't they fix it right away, or not sell that room? A hotel shouldn't have second problems.

He told me it was probably the AC unit that was due for cleaning this week, but I wouldn't be surprised that if you pulled back the carpet in that room you wouldn't find mold. At breakfast, I was looking out the window: the wallpaper was peeling back and I saw black mold underneath.

Everytime I got on the internet on my phone or tablet, I had to re-enter the password. Thankfully I was only there one night.

Next time I'll drive the 20 minutes to Dayton for more hotel options.

The bed was nice and comfortable though.

Room Tip: Don't pick 132!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Soja_Rinn
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had a great stay here July 13 & 14, stafff was incredibly helpful. Only drawback was one of the lights in the room wasn't working. Tried using the Computer in their lobby - their browser thats on it was slow and unresponsive for what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The best way to describe the Holiday Inn Express Brookville is... tired. The whole property seems to be worn and though the managers seem to be working on the hotel (they're redoing the roof as I'm here now) there's still a lot of work to do. The rugs are worn, paint is chipping and pillows are worn. The rooms are clean and the staff tries to maintain the quality, but the hotel's in need of a major re-do. The fitness room is worthless - barely big enough for a treadmill and recumbent bike. The pool is a small wading pool for the kids. I wouldn't spend much time in it. On the positive side, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is standard cold cereal, Holiday Inn sweet rolls and some eggs and make your own waffles. It'll certainly do and the breakfast is kept clean throughout.

If you stay here in Brookville, the hotel will be clean, the staff will be helpful... and the hotel will be worn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RuningMan1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear RuningMan1,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding cleanliness, helpful staff and the breakfast.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology especially on the carpet, paint and the fitness room. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Rooms was clean, decent sized lcd tv. Clean bathroom with good towels and hot shower.
AC unit in room was noisy - not good for sleep.

Only real dissapointment was breakfast. The word "lame" comes to mind. Bad example of powdered eggs. Staff let the coffee run out. Coffee was lukewarm and weak - not good if you are a business traveler.

Room Tip: Check lots of review places like this before you book. Take all comments with a grain of salt.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night before a family reunion. The rooms were clean and the service was great. We enjoyed the breakfast and it was substantial. The only 2 small things were the pool was very small and the hair dryer was junk. These things aren't a big deal but would add to the stay. And possibly newer TVs. This hotel is worth your money during travels though!

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Best Western Classic Inn
Best Western Classic Inn
#2 of 10 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville? Share your experiences!