“You haven't had Italian until you've had Aldo's.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aldo's

Aldo's
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Columbus, Ohio
“You haven't had Italian until you've had Aldo's.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

What a gem in Brooklyn, Ohio! This small Italian restaurant boasts of great food and service....it's all true.

The calamari appetizer is delicious! Our table of 5 had scallops, snapper, and eggplant for our entrees. Each was amazing, especially the scallops. They were some of the best I've ever had.

Go there, might wait as the restaurant is extremely small, but it's worth every minute waiting.

ohio
“Epic ..now a family favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went here today on a whim...at 2 in the afternoon...an off time, to celebrate 2 birthdays. No reservations at all. The service was amazing....Connie was our server. She humored us with the excellent bread and brought the chef to our table, who made me a special birthday lunch....clams and scallops over linguine. We have eaten at some of the best restaurants all over the world...we have been so lucky that way. This is in my top 3. The atmosphere, the food, the service....it's truly epic. You must go here...you really, really must! It's Paris meets Rome meets NYC meets chicago....all in cleveland....it's a true jewel.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cduda
Cleveland, Ohio
“Longtime Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

How do you write a glowing review without sounding like a shill? Suffice it said that the food is consistently fabulous from bread to dessert, and the service and hospitality are topnotch. Aldo knows his stuff as do the rest of his family and staff.

There are lots of Italian restaurants of every (red, white, and green) stripe in Cleveland. So to find one good enough to make me happily drive half an hour, probably right past a couple dozen of the others, in any weather, is hopefully saying something. This is not some bloated chain or tourist-grubbing wannbe. It's just a cozy little neighborhood place that just happens to serve outstanding, truly authentic Italian food. In fact, if you are lucky enough to actually go to Italy, you would hope to find food this good.

Buon appetito!

• Visited December 2012
Brooklyn, Ohio
“If you blink you'll miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place is truly hidden and had it not been for a recommendation from someone I trust I never would have gone in here and I live within biking distance of it. This place is rather small inside and when I was here it was completely full (reservations for 5+ only). The servers were very friendly and attentive and kept all seven of us happy and our water glasses no less than an inch empty. The food was really good. I ordered the muscles in marinara sauce and while it was the most simple muscle dish/broth I have ever had the muscles were the best. I was served no closed shells and they all came away from the shell very very easily if they were not already detached. All entrees are served with a side salad with good house dressing and pasta. I definitely will keep this place in mind to recommend to others or to get take away from. It is a really authentic place and feels so inside. The decor is no thrills but they keep the focus intensely on where it needs to be - the food. Also there are quite a few dinner specials which are on a dry erase board on the wall right in front of the door - take note of this on the way in because the waiter does not mention them to the entire table so if you don't read the board you will miss out on the specials. Note the photo here on TripAdvisor (as of 21/7/12) is not what the sign currently looks like. Currently it is cursive script not on the rectangle backing.

• Visited July 2012
Parma, Ohio
“Birthday dinner at Aldo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food is always outstanding at Aldo's! The staff is very friendly and helpful. My sister brought in a cake and candles, and the waitress kept it refrigerated until after dinner. Then she brought it out with the candles on and lit. The staff and my friends all sang "Happy Birthday." Every time we go there, we thoroughly love the food, the cozy atmosphere, and the people who work there.

Visited February 2012