“Love to walk to dinner”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You know how you are driving all day and you dread the idea of getting in the car to find a place to eat? This hotel solves the problem. Carrabba's, TGI Friday's, Chipotle, Panera, Cracker Barrel, are very close to this property.

The hotel is recently updated. Fresh white linens, lap desks, modern rooms and breakfast choices make this a good value.

We have stayed here three times this year and our only complaint was the fitness room. It has the basic cardio set up, but the treadmill was broken when we visited in July 2012. Otherwise, a nice basic, clean hotel with very easy access to Route 480.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of having several restaurants within walking distance of our facility. One of our primary daily goals is clean and comfortable rooms, and we are glad you feel the same. Our exercise room has been completely remodeled with all new equipment and I hope you have an opportunity to come back and see it for yourself soon.

Again thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was close to the Cleveland Zoo.The staff were very helpful upon checking in.The room was nice and clean.The airport is nearby but didn't hear any air traffic.The pool,hot tub,and sauna were clean and tidy.We would recommend this Hampton for anyone to stay at. We will be back here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank You for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that your experience with us was a great one.

Our Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is certainly a highlight of our area, and seems to bring in guests from all over. We are glad that you enjoyed our pool, hot tub, and sauna.

Again, thank you for leaving such positive feedback about our property. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip into town.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our gps device didn't want to find the street address for this property but it found Hampton Tideman. Good thing we also had printed mapquest directions as a backup. This is a older property, right off the highway in a commercial / industrial area. The lobby has been renovated. Jill, the front desk manger, was efficient, friendly and helpful. The guest rooms are immaculate. Be advised, floors 1 and 4 are "mixed use" with smoking and non-smoking rooms. Floors 2 and 3 are completely non-smoking. We were first checked into a non-smoking room on the fourth floor bur requested a change because the hallway really smelled of smoke, although the room was very clean. Jill promptly changed our room and we moved into a room on the third floor which did not smell of smoke. The decor of the guest rooms is unimpressive and a little dated. The hallways could use a thorough cleaning as well. However, the lobby area and breakfast area are very clean and the various breakfast offerings were replenished during breakfast service. We did not hear any noise from the airport. The fitness center was small but complete with Precor equipment. We stayed here because we were going to an Indians game. Cleveland was an easy 20 minute drive. A good value.

Room Tip: Floors 1 and 4 are mixed use smoking and non-smoking. If a non-smoking room and hallway is importan...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your comments about the friendly, efficient, and helpful service I provided, and your overall stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide top service, along with all of the amenities Hampton has to offer. Although our property does still having smoking rooms, I am glad that we were able to move you to a smoke free floor that suited your needs. Our lobby was recently remodeled and we are glad that you like our new look .

We look forward to seeing you next time you're are in town.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel was great, the staff was friendly and helpful upon are arrival. The hotel was convenient, close to restaurants and attractions close to the highway. The room was clean and attractive. There was free pizza and wings provided in the evening although we did not take advantage of the food. The pool was not large but the seven year old boys had a great time as we were the only ones using it. The free breakfast was one of the better ones I have experienced. The staff serving breakfast was both very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank You for taking time to leave feedback on your stay. I am so glad that your experience was a great one that started with great customer service. all the way down to your grandchildren enjoying our pool. We strive to make sure all of our guest rooms are exceptionally clean, and we are glad you we're able to experience that firsthand. Again, we thank you for taking time to leave such positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am amazed how clean this hotel is. From washed comforters to clean carpeting to sparkling bathrooms. The hot tub and the pool were very clean too! The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast was satisfying; we came down a little late and still had quite a selection of breakfast foods. The staff was very alert even late at night and very friendly. I would recommend this place for all travelers. There are plenty of big chain restaurants nearby (some across the street); this hotel is located only few minutes from Cleveland with easy access to main road.

Room Tip: 2nd floor non-smoking room I stayed in was free of smoke odor; the room was very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you very much for the comments from your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable product along with top customer service. The beds and breakfast in the morning are two of our top products and I am glad to hear you enjoyed both.

We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I absolutly loved this hotel. Check in quick, easy and Vicki was great answering our questions and helping us with our visit to the Cleveland area. The rooms were very clean (we had 3 rooms for our group). I couldn't even tell that my friends room was a smoking room, as I am not a smoker. The beds, pillows and blankets were so soft and comfy. I had a hard time waking my 16 yr old son, he said it was the best nite of sleep he's had since before his back surgery. The complimentary breakfast was fantasic. I'm not much of a morning (breakfast) person but I was happily surprised that they had my favorite cereal, lucky charms. my husband was very impressed by the waffle maker, sauage and eggs ect...I loved that the hotel had the jacuzzi and pool open til midnight, as we got back late for our trip and dinner. A friend forgot toothbrushes and toothpaste and the hotel gladly gave her complimentary ones.We will diffently be back when we go to Cleveland again.

1  Thank tink4817

Thank you for the comments from your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you loved the hotel. From the rooms to the pool and of course the breakfast bar we strive to provide a top product with great customer service. I am happy that you feel the same way.

We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The renovations were not an issue for me, since I completely understand wanting to update the hotel. The problem I had was that they allow smoking in some of the hotel rooms. Even though the floor I was on was non smoking, throughout the evening and night, smoke was wafting through my room, I assumed from the floor below me (window was closed). The other room they offered me smelled like an ashtray, even though it was supposed to be non-smoking. In short, I'm a frequent visitor to Cleveland, but I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay at our facility. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room. We do have to maintain a certain percentage of smoking rooms for our guests. We do have them on the higher floors and try to make sure that all rooms smell clean and fresh. The hotel will complete its remodel in one week and the rooms and public areas will be brighter and fresher then ever!!! We hope you will come back and see for yourself.

Again thank you for your feedback!!!!

Chris Ellis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Brooklyn
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland - Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#20 of 38 in Cleveland

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd? Share your experiences!