“Horrible Stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
TUCSON
“Horrible Stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in room 247 of the Cleveland Airport HoJo. The Indian man who picked me up was pretty nice. After that everything was terrible. The curtains were broken and I didn't have my privacy after a long day of travel. When I told the Indian man he told me they weren't broken. I also didn't have any towels for showering when I arrived and had to go get the hotel staff. Also, the blankets were incredibly thin and I froze all night. In the morning when I took a shower, my nose began to run and I noticed that there was black mold all over the shower curtain. The breakfast provided was extremely minimal and the cream cheese was left on the counter (which I had diarrhea from later). This was my first (and last) stay at HoJo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HoJoClevelandAP, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello Jonathan
I am very sorry for your experience,you had in our property we do our best to serve you.
You had newly renovated room and it has all the new furniture,linen, blanket.if you needed another blanket you could have called front desk, just phone call away.I did check other problems,hotwater is running,cheese has been brought by supplier two days ago and it was stored in fridge.
Only taken out from the fridge for breakfast and replenished on regular basis.
Cheese is in individual package.I checked the stock as well there was no problem with cheese.
Still I am thank full for reviews it keeps us on guard to serve you better in future.
Bob Aurora G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we arrived, we were greeted by a very professional and friendly staff member. After checking in, we went to our room and when we walked in, it smelled terrible -- for a non-smoker, you could tell someone had been smoking in the room and it was not acceptable. We went back to the front desk and were given another room which was OK. Unfortunately there were not enough linens provided. The hours for breakfast are from 6-9AM, which makes it difficult for anyone arriving very late not to miss. Most hotels that offer free breakfasts have a longer time period. We were disappointed, and would not return to this establishment.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brook Park hotels

GERRY
Reviewed September 26, 2012

the front desk staf were amazing. Check in very quick as was check out. took the shuttle to the airport to catch the rapid. The driver was very friendly. I left my purse in the shuttle and called the hotel. She offered to bring it right back to me. Would definitly recommend it to others

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

SANDUSKY
Reviewed September 25, 2012

room was dirty, dirty ashtray in room, food crumbs by the bed and under the chair, tables were sticky, hair in bathtub, no hot water, light didnt work, cable wasnt hooked up on television. Was moved to a different room which was better but the sound on the tv didnt work.Maintence man came and beat on the light until it worked. Donuts on the continental breakfast were stale. The worst hotel I have ever been to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank KELI S
GREENVILLE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Never, never stay here! The airline forced us to stay here and we made it less than an hour before paying for our own cab to leave . One room had no deadbolt, one room had no working air conditioner, and one room not only reaked of smoke, but also had the ashes still in the toilet. All of the bed linens were dirty and stained. A "lady of the night" was our official greeter, or should I say greeter to the men of our group. No way would I recommend anyone staying here!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank REBECCA T
EXETER
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was about average. The staff was very helpful. I had forgotten critical papers and the staff helped me to go on line and print out the necessary documents. This was s super help for which I am most grateful. That alone will ensure that I will be back.

It would have helped if the microwave were a bit more powerful. It just took too long to get anything done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2012

United Airlines put us up here when our flight was delayed.

It is a very old and worn Ho Jo. This is a motel with outside entrance doors. The bed linens seemed clean. The carpets were stained from several years of use. The furniture was old and scratch and dent. The light above the bath room sink did not work. The water was hot. Good water pressure. The room was not well lit (probably a good thing).
Stayed late at night, left early a.m. so couldn't. See the area very well.
VERY basic accommodations. Breakfast was available. The small chocolate and powder covered donuts and plain bagels were it. Milk in an old plastic pitcher and a couple of other liquids in plastic pitchers were also in the refrigerator. The small freezer shelf at the top of the refrigerator had at least 2 inches of frost built up.
The transportation was a beat up minivan and the seat belt was broke on my seat. They crammed 3 adults in the back seat while an extra staff person rode along in the front seat.
I would not stay here by choice.

• Stayed September 2012
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
#9 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!