“Good for a one night stay.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Cleveland Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The location is not really close to anything, the help is a little interesting and the atmosphere is kind of off but for a one night stay to wait for a flight I can't complain. The room was inexpensive and for 5 dollars we left our car there until we came back 4 days later. That included the shuttle to and back from the airport. The desk attendant was the shuttle driver though which left the desk unattended while shuttling which was a little odd but it saved me money parking at the airport! All in all, it is not an extended stay type of place but for a place to lay your head for a night it is sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2013
hotel120, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2015

Thank you for leaving a review on our hotel and airport shuttle service. We strive to deliver an affordable and reliable airport room package. We are glad to hear it met your needs. We hope to see you back again so we can give you great service!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a last minute reservation without reading the reviews to this place. What a mistake! The reviewers were absolutely right (read them). After many hours of driving I finally reach my destinaton to find a place that was filthy & disgusting. We were shown the room my wife immediately asked for a refund. Due to (policy) charged a nights stay which was a rip off. I had to book a hotel in the middle of the night from my car. This place should not be open it is inhumane.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank DeeFe
hotel120, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay and would like to apologize. If a guest is not happy with their room, we try very hard to make it right, that is why we did refund your money. We have also reviewed your comments with our staff and are making improvements to avoid this situation in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Filthy dirty! Should have known something was wrong the minute the desk person went into a long explanation about how the owners were trying to remodel and update the place, excuse our mess kind of thing. The room we had was on the 3rd floor which reeked of cat litter boxes. There were at least 3 people there in rooms right off the elevator that were vomiting very loudly and it echoed into my room. Ice machine ripped out with mold around the pipes where it should have been. My room didn't smell too bad but the floor was damp. Curtains did not close completely. Room numbers were not in order and all over the place so it took wandering the entire hall to find our room. Uncomfortable beds but overly-bleached linens. Very loud environment between the police sirens on street level and the people in the hall after last call. I have stayed in some pretty questionable motels but this is the worst ever. At least the bathroom was clean and the tv worked ok. There was no breakfast offered at all and we checked out at 8 am. Next time I will sleep in the car before I stop there and take my chances.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Missy H

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and we are very sorry you were not happy with your stay. We are going through a very large renovation and we are sorry if this was an inconvience for you, but we are very excited about the improvements we are making. We have a brand new ice machine and vending area and unfortunately you were here when we were taking apart the old area, that is why the machine was not present. Also, we have a new breakfast area and are offering a continetal breakfast daily. We would appreciate it if you will try us again in the future to see all our our improvements. Thank you

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay,rooms were comfortable . Only bad thing was they advertised a "continential breakfast" an all it consisted of was one brand of cereal,bagels with no toppings except butter,coffee & oj. They may want to reconsider just an advertisement saying "We serve breakfast."

• Stayed: November 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would like you to know that we have upgraded our breakfast area and continental breakfast and hope you will return in the future. Thanks

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay in approx. 10 hotels/year since 2004. ALOT of hotels/motels. This place was by far the WORST place I've ever stayed. FILTHY, SMELLY, lightbulbs all burnt out, asked for replacements and nobody ever showed up. After walking around the room barefoot, my feet were BLACK! Holes in the walls, a/c barely worked. All the lights in the hallway by our room were burnt out. People banging on my door at 3am begging for help. So bad the my son and I would bring our suitcases into the truck for the daytrips as we didnt trust leaving anything in the room. Housekeeping left fresh towels but cleaned nothing nor were the beds made. We went here based on a coupon out of the road trip hotel booklets. $39........I wouldnt stay here again for $9. Next day we got the booklet out and went 2km. down the road to Choice hotels for $14 more, we were treated to superior service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank luigilou
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Our semi was being worked on, and the motel was right across the street from the dealership. We were able to keep 2 small dogs with us, and that is a blessing, too. The rooms had a microwave and refrigerator. We liked that a lot. We were there for 5 days. Rooms could use a little sprucing up and updated::shower curtains, tissue covers, etc. A good stay for my Wife and I. Able to kick back and relax for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Allan B
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Flashback to 1970...wow! This hotel looks as bad on the outside as it does on the inside. Pulling into the parking lot, my husband was already second-guessing his choice in economy hotels. The front windows were dirty and the entrance doors screamed ' replace me'. The front lobby was bare bones with dated carpet and cheap accessories. The plastic potted plants were the only things purchased in this millennium.

Check in went well.

The creaky elevators sort of freaked me out. But they worked, thankfully.

The non-smoking room was good enough to sleep in for the night. But we were careful not to lay things on the countertops. Basically the room was clean but definitely not updated, spic and span and comfy.

I would not recommend this hotel for any travelers looking for a clean, updated and professional looking hotel.

Kudos to the night shift shuttle driver! He was very personable and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
3 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland - Airport North

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!