“A must stay hotel close to airport!”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
Brecksville, Ohio, United States
“A must stay hotel close to airport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful in booking my reservation and made sure I was getting the best rate. The location is wonderful as it is right near the airport. Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Room location was very quiet. A terrific full breakfast included. The renovation looks to be coming along nicely. Will be excited to stay again and see the finished results! If you are looking for a hotel in this area, I would very much recommend this one!

Room Tip: I was given a room on east end of building and it was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My stay was comfortable and relaxing. The staff are friendly and were quick to correct a booking error so my credit card was not charged an incorrect amount. The construction looks to be complete and the upgrades have made it like a new hotel. I would suggest this location to friends and family and the hotel is very close to the Airport for our of town guests.

Room Tip: I want to stay in one of the new 3rd floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brockport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

While not Luxurious, it was a comfortable large room, serviceable bathroom, close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The heater was only a little too loud.
The lighting is inadequate, especially when both of us wanted to read in bed.
WiFi free and eazy.
Breakfast all carb - but there is a restaurant across the street.
Inexpensive

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

They are adding a third floor while trying to continue business below. Lots of bare ceilings & floors. Rooms definitely need to be upgraded. Will be a nice place months from now. Very handy to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear HuskerTraveler2,

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay with us. We utilize all comments so that we know when we are doing a good job and where we have opportunities to improve. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. As you noted, we are constructing the property and hope you will come back once they have been completed. Again, we wish to thank you for your feedback and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you're in and out of the airport this is a really close location. It is a clean, friendly place to stay. Courteous, attentive staff. Engaging airport shuttle drivers. Grab something to eat before you leave the airport 'cause there is not much close by. Bob Evans is a short walk, that's about it. I ended up getting a pizza from a spot recommended by the front desk staff....delicious. A bit of construction going on as they add a third story. Not sure how that would be on a normal work day but it was a non-issue on a Saturday night.

I give it 4 stars only because I often do that when a non-full -service hotel is located with few or no eating places that are walkable. That would not keep me from going back here. Just something you should know about to plug into your travel planning.

Room Tip: Room 104. Unlike any Holiday Inn Express suite I have ever been in and I am in a ton of them every y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
David B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for having stayed with us. Your reviews are taken seriously and we look forward to your return visit. The entire third floor addition and remodeling should be completed by March 2013.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The damned place is under construction.First the telephones were playin an obnoxioius 2 hour game of ♪ ring ring ♪,haha-you missed (the call),♪ ring ring ♪,haha-missed again.Since the phones were not working I decided to walk down 2 the service counter,I could hear the phones where playing that tune with the entire floor. It was banannas!The hot tub/jacuzzi leaks to the foot of the bed. When the phones were working & the hot tub was not,we called the operater 4 additional towels;the phone was answered 5/15 x's

Room Tip: There are two facilities across the street. Probably a better value.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aidaca
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear aidaca,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our location satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience brought by the malfunctioning of the telephone lines. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Livermore, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is unbelievable this hotel is allowed to stay open right now. I walked in very late last night to see tiles missing in the ceiling, carpet missing and lots of new sheetrock. I discovered they are adding a third story and still trying to make money without even a mention of the construction when making a reservation or anywhere on the website. My room was on the second floor so up the elevator I went to walk out into a construction zone and had to think I was on the wrong floor. No flooring, no celing, no paint and doors open into rooms with nothing in them and no ceilings. I walked down the hall to the carpeted area and found my room. The room is fine and since there is no construction at night sleeping was OK until the workers showed up in the morning.

Got up this morning to walk through the electricians, wires, pipe, sheetrock and tools to get to the elevator for breakfast. Signs all around said do not enter and hard hats required. Since I didn't bring mine and I was hungry I went on through stepping over things to get to the elevator. Almost bit the big one tripping over wires on the floor.

The breakfast room is small and cramped with the food down the hall a bit. Not too long after breakfast they started sanding the walls sending white gypsum powder flying. The breakfast area was getting filthy and leaning against a wall in the small lobby since there was no seating my shirt was getting dirty. There is dust everywhere and the health department should be called.

Tonight I asked how long it will take to finish the construction and was told the end of the year. Unless you want to bring your hard hat and live in a construction zone DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I know I won't be back and as a very frequent visitor to good Holiday Inn Express properties I will be demanding my money back.

Room Tip: No room is free of the construction zone.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook Park
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park? Share your experiences!