“Lacking Atmosphere”
Review of Viking Vineyard and Winery - CLOSED

Viking Vineyard and Winery
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was a first stop at a winery for my friend and I. The atmosphere was dull at best. Nothing inviting to stay and linger. The place had a few over priced pictures on the walls plus a tacky sign encouraging customers to tip the "hard working" server. Do we really need to be told ? She was informative, but stopped mid way to text on her phone. The wines were okay and we did actually enjoy the secret recipe of a red and chocolate. We made our purchase and left.

2  Thank Kelly M
446danan, Manager at Viking Vineyard and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. However, in order to better understand your review, I need to know your definition of 'lacking atmosphere'. Thank you!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The wine tasting server was very knowledgable and helpful. Noticed a pleasant seating area outside near the lake. The atmosphere inside seemed cheap, dated and not welcoming for a prolonged "wine tasting". We chose to sample a few wines, made our purchases and left.

1  Thank Joanne M
446danan, Owner at Viking Vineyard and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear "dull Atmosphere",
As you did not explain what you found 'dull' about the atmosphere, I'm afraid I don't know how to respond. Likewise with "cheap" and dated". What do you mean by that, and what did you expect?

While it's true we are not one of the large, fancy wineries, many customers find our winery to be 'cozy and quiet'. As with any place of business, we cannot hope to meet everyone's expectations, even if we knew what they were - we can't be everything to everybody. It is not physically possible to please everyone. We're sorry you were one of the people we couldn't please.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I love going to Viking Vineyard for the beautiful setting and quiet atmosphere! Have been there countless times and although the owners, Jeff and Dana, are the layed back type they have always been courteous and accommodating whenever I've been there. The patio is located near a large pond and is a beautiful setting year round! The wine is very good, although I am disappointed that they've stopped making Salmon Run! Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank Charselnik
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was really looking forward to checking out the winery since it's close to home, and we really like one of their wines. But our greeting was rather unfriendly, and when explained of the "tasting order" which I totally understand, she seemed to get rather "stern" with me when I chose to go out of order. Thats my choice..its her job to tell me of the recommended order, but my choice to taster out of order.

3  Thank nance o
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Beautiful place to go for fun or to relax. The help is a lot of fun and very knowledgeable . JP and Jodie are a hoot.Every time we go out the owners come out chitchat with us.Sundays can get pretty busy because the bands they have but you can call and make a reservation..There is nice big lake with a deck on it.My wife and i love the Merlot. Hope you enjoy .