“Wind Farm tour”

Bowling Green Wind Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Bowling Green Wind turbines that have been featured on the National News.
wv
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Wind Farm tour”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed learning about the wind turbines and liked how you can get close to them at the information kiosk and watch videos of how they were built.There also brochures there for the taking that tells all about the wind farm.

Visited July 2013

Bowling Green, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pure elegance!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have never done the "tour" of this place but, as I live very close by, I like to go out and park on one of the country roads near it and just sit and watch the wind turbines in all their elegant beauty. I don't usually wax lyrical over man-made items, but these are an exception. I helped finance the building of these by contributing extra money to the municipal utilities department, to promote more ecological energy sources, and rejoiced when the first two were so successful that they built two more. (And we have excellent electricity rates here - just ask anyone outside this town who doesn't enjoy the same!) I watched all four of them being erected. Even now, when I sit and watch them, I'll take a picnic lunch sometimes and thoroughly enjoy myself. One of these days I'll even take the tour!

Visited June 2013