Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Economy Inn(Perrysburg)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbuffalo wild wingscollege visitsoccer tournamentroom was cleannice staythe breakfast areawould highly recommend this hotelvery nice hotelparking lotoff the highwaystay there againcomplimentary breakfastpool and hot tubstaff was friendlyconvenient locationgreat place to staywaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2006

My experience at this hotel was extremely disappointing as there were a number of issues that didn't live up to the Hampton good name. To start with, cleanliness was not acceptable. The tub/shower had not been cleaned well nor had the bathroom floor where there were hairs from the previous resident. Towels were scratchy and the toilet seat was loose. There were even signs of mold/mildew around the tub caulking. Water pressure was marginal. Other areas in the room had also been missed during cleaning. The bed was better than the average hotel, but the pillows were old and lumpy. The furniture showed signs of disrepair and wear and one of the walls was badly marked up. Soundproofing was a problem as I heard doors banging all night. The "hot" breakfast consisted of the usual continental fare plus tastelss fried egg patties, greasy gravy and biscuits.

When I complained (with a list) to the desk manager, he politely smiled and said "sorry" until I pushed the issue and he offered me a $30.00 reduction of my bill. I told him that I didn't feel this was enough since the web site guarantees 100% satisfaction. He was not authorized to reduce the bill further but suggested I contact the general manager the following day. I have left several messages for the manager, however, she hasn't yet returned my call.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank girlwithmap
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We decided to visit Mammoth caves on the way back from Florida. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We were going to stay in Cave City but were concerned with some reviews that we saw. We looked in the general area and decided on this hotel. We had no problem booking it online for a rate of $105. We requested a 2 bed non smoking room on the first floor. We arrived at 7pm on friday night the area was clean and th ehotel looked nice. Went in to register the staff was friendly, and had no glitches getting our room. We moved our stuff and went to the outdoor pool, The pool was a typical hotel pool, small and clean. The towels were clean and smelled fresh. After the pool closed we went to our room. The room was clean, smelled good, and there was no visible mold/grunge in the bathroom. The beds were firm (a little high of the floor) and comfortable. Sheets were clean and crisp. The room and the hotel seemed to be a safe area. The cleaning staff made the beds every morning. It was an very easy ride to all the attractions (Mammoth Caves, Corvette Mueseum, Jesses James riding stable, Lost river cave, ...) We would definitely stay here again on any trip to this area.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sportinus
Reviewed February 10, 2006

The service at this Hampton exceeds the usual good level of service I have found at the Hampton Chain. The front desk clerk remembered our names several hours later, there was a handwritten personalized note waiting in the room for us from the staff, and the lady working the breakfast buffet (Mina) was WONDERFUL and charming.

The standard of service here is more of what you would expect at a Ritz Carlton or a top of the line 5 star hotel.

Absolutely the BEST Hampton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank Travel_Relaxing
A TripAdvisor Member
Troy, MI
Reviewed November 28, 2004

Stayed overnight 11-28-04. Stayed in room 322 which included in-room jacuzzi. Positives: parking, check-in speed and hospitality, lobby, cleanliness, newness, quiet, good size TV, quiet heater/ac unit in room, huge jacuzzi with no hot water issues, nice size bathroom and room in general, comfortable furninshings, in-room refrigerator was large and quiet.
Negatives: Matress on bed was warped in the middle, sheets were not smooth
No Opinion: Did not visit excercise room, pool, or pool table areas.
Other: Breakfast bar presentation very nice but food quality and selection only fair.
Probably best hotel of a limited selection in Bowling Green and would stay there again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2003

Very new hotel in fab condition. Great rooms, very clean and spacious.

1  Thank HotelShark