“NICE hotel for the money; above my expectations”

Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed here when traveling through Ohio. We decided to stop in Bowling Green to find a hotel for the night instead of traveling into the Detroit area as we were unfamiliar with the city. We really lucked out. I checked out the reviews on my iphone as we approched the city and this one sounded good. It exceeded my expectations. The beds were comfortable. Room was clean and new looking. Internet connection was great. Pool great for the kids to get out some energy. The hotel was quite beautiful inside the atrium area, etc. I enjoyed the breakfast and the service was very good.

• Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed February 19, 2008

Top Notch! This is a great Hampton. It is the new style of Hampton with the large 2 story atrium and breakfast area. Also has a business center, fitness room and a indoor pool. They even have a billiards room!

I ended up here when all the other Hampton coming up I-75 were full. I am glad I did. It was worth the extra wheel time. Travelers note: that the hotels North of Dayton on I-75 towards Detroit fill nightly. Be sure to have a reservation every night but Sunday or you will be wandering a bit looking for a room!

Rooms were clean and nice. A bit small with 2 queens but if you had just a king it would be fine. The desk set up is nice with lots of useable space. Bathrooms were excellent. Even the doors were nice. Not the 100 pound slammers most hotels have; something that drives me nuts hearing doors slam all night long.

I was impressed with this location the only draw backs; the breakfast was above board but the hot food didn’t come out till 0600. The fitness room only had one treadmill and stepper. Other than those small issues I would highly recommend this hotel. It was worth the extra miles for me!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2008

The Hamption Inn Bowling Green exceeded my expectations. There were no non-smoking rooms available when I booked, but Michelle at the front desk cheerfully found me a non-smoking room day of arival and allowed a hassle-free early check-in. I had a couple other requests that Michelle cheerfully handled.

The hotel architecture was impressive for this hotel-class level, including two-story vaulted ceiling in the entrance and breakfast room.

The Hampton feels new and clean.

The free breakfast was very good and convenient. Mina took great care of the food and the guests and projected a cheerfulness that was much-welcomed after a too-early morning.

The beds were very comfortable, including the feather pillows.

This would be a good business hotel with the large work desk and free internet access. I couldn't find the CAT-5 cable for direct connection, but with that wasn't an issue with the free Wifi also available from the room.

Fitness room was clean and well-maintained -- although it only contained 3 cardio machines -- no weights.

Pool and hot-tub looked inviting, although I didn't have time to enjoy them.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2006

We left a neighbooring hotel to stay at the Hampton and what a relief!! Unlike many of the neighbooring unkept hotels, the Hampton was spotlessly clean, had every convenience, and, as always with Hamptons, was full of fantastic staff. Great value for the money you pay and includes full breakfast with eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gobethgo
Reviewed September 14, 2006

My experience at this hotel was extremely disappointing as there were a number of issues that didn't live up to the Hampton good name. To start with, cleanliness was not acceptable. The tub/shower had not been cleaned well nor had the bathroom floor where there were hairs from the previous resident. Towels were scratchy and the toilet seat was loose. There were even signs of mold/mildew around the tub caulking. Water pressure was marginal. Other areas in the room had also been missed during cleaning. The bed was better than the average hotel, but the pillows were old and lumpy. The furniture showed signs of disrepair and wear and one of the walls was badly marked up. Soundproofing was a problem as I heard doors banging all night. The "hot" breakfast consisted of the usual continental fare plus tastelss fried egg patties, greasy gravy and biscuits.

When I complained (with a list) to the desk manager, he politely smiled and said "sorry" until I pushed the issue and he offered me a $30.00 reduction of my bill. I told him that I didn't feel this was enough since the web site guarantees 100% satisfaction. He was not authorized to reduce the bill further but suggested I contact the general manager the following day. I have left several messages for the manager, however, she hasn't yet returned my call.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank girlwithmap
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We decided to visit Mammoth caves on the way back from Florida. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We were going to stay in Cave City but were concerned with some reviews that we saw. We looked in the general area and decided on this hotel. We had no problem booking it online for a rate of $105. We requested a 2 bed non smoking room on the first floor. We arrived at 7pm on friday night the area was clean and th ehotel looked nice. Went in to register the staff was friendly, and had no glitches getting our room. We moved our stuff and went to the outdoor pool, The pool was a typical hotel pool, small and clean. The towels were clean and smelled fresh. After the pool closed we went to our room. The room was clean, smelled good, and there was no visible mold/grunge in the bathroom. The beds were firm (a little high of the floor) and comfortable. Sheets were clean and crisp. The room and the hotel seemed to be a safe area. The cleaning staff made the beds every morning. It was an very easy ride to all the attractions (Mammoth Caves, Corvette Mueseum, Jesses James riding stable, Lost river cave, ...) We would definitely stay here again on any trip to this area.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Sportinus
Reviewed February 10, 2006

The service at this Hampton exceeds the usual good level of service I have found at the Hampton Chain. The front desk clerk remembered our names several hours later, there was a handwritten personalized note waiting in the room for us from the staff, and the lady working the breakfast buffet (Mina) was WONDERFUL and charming.

The standard of service here is more of what you would expect at a Ritz Carlton or a top of the line 5 star hotel.

Absolutely the BEST Hampton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2006
#1 of 5 in Bowling Green
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bowling Green
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Hampton Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!