“Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bowling Green
fairmount, United States
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a nice place, easy to get to, quite area. Called to make reservations, price was different from same hotel brand in city 30 min. away, they gave me a cheaper rate because they were on my route and I asked what they could do. Rooms very clean, hotel nice decor, staff friendly. Good selection of breakfast, but could have had biscuit and gravy and more donuts (they ran out). They forgot to set out the waffle skillet spray and people were having trouble getting there waffles out. Pool/hot tub was very nice. Would go back and stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel May 16-18. The lobby and breakfast area are gorgeous... simply stunning. The pictures don't do these areas justice. The room was nice although it could use a fresh coat of paint as there were some marks on the walls. The bathroom looked fantastic. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I ran into two problems on my stay. The first problem was at check in when the Hilton reservation system and the local hotel's system didn't update my reservation from a Debit Card to a Credit Card, which I changed two days prior to my stay online. Not only did it not change it from debit to credit, once the hotel changed it, it didn't recognize it as a credit card and instead put a hold on my credit card. The desk helped resolve part of this issue. The second problem is the business center needs updated badly. I couldn't get the monitor on one computer to even turn on and the other computer had problems connecting to the internet and lots of files and downloads from previous guests on it. The hotel should look into installing software which wipes the computers to a "fresh" state on each log in / out... I've experienced that software in many hotels. Breakfast was as expected for the Hampton brand and service was very attentive. I prefer this hotel to the Holiday Inn Express in BG and it's a little closer to campus. Staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

While transitioning to my new job in the area, I had a 7-Week extended stay at this property prior to moving into a permanent residence. The entire staff, from the General Manager, to the Front Desk, to the Housekeepers were always attentive to your needs, polite and greeted you with a smile on a daily basis. The rooms and hallways are immaculate and smell fresh. Lots of dining options within walking distance. A FREE breakfast & copy of the USA Today each morning, and fresh baked cookies throughout the day are a huge bonus. Truth-be-told, I would've been happy living here year round! This is the only place my friends and family will stay when visiting Bowling Green.

Room Tip: There are several King Suites with a large, in-room jacuzzi!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Dennis S
Mentor, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms were clean, breakfast was good, probably the nicest hotel in the area by the looks of the rest of the area once we were there. I would recommed this hotel to anyone staying in the BGSU area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been staying here for over 5 years, updated, clean, friendly without over compensating. Nicest breakfast lady in the world and excellent ownership. They work with you on anything that comes up and always booked, call early...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ROCKINVADER
Burnaby, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

After a long day, stopped in late in the evening. Front desk staff were very friendly and very helpful.
Room was clean, large, bed a little softer than usual, nice fluffy pillows. No fridge or microwave. Walked down the way about a block to Big Boy for a quick trip through the soup and salad bar before they closed it at 9.
I didn't need air or heat, but when I turned off the TV and was ready for bed, I heard what sounded like a muffled train going by. I was on the top floor corner- perhaps it was a "trane"?!?
I did fall asleep soon enough but did notice the continued low level sound throughout the night.

Pool was refreshing, and large enough to get some exercise. Had it all to myself the next morning.
Breakfast was very good and the hostel very attentive to all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mcbill58
Carmel, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I requested three rooms for two nights. Beautiful entry and lobby with a very nice common area and breakfast room. Beware of the cleanliness of the rooms! The beds are fine, but the bathrooms need attention with cleaning. Mold, dust build up and other disgusting things. A little attention to detail will keep customers coming back. I love Hamptons, but not this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

samibgnoh, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sencerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guest with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowling Green
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bowling Green
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!