“Comfortable rooms but ... lots of construction”

Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bowling Green
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable rooms but ... lots of construction”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recented stayed at this hotel but didn't appreciate how much it was currently undergoing renovations. There really isn't a lobby area or any place to sit outside of your room. We were staying with others and we weren't able to meet any where but in the bar across the parking lot. We weren't aware when we booked about the construction.

If you are looking for a clean comfortable room, hotel was fine but there weren't any other real amenities.

Hopefully rennovations will be nice but might want to avoid until those are done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a mixup in my plans and had a last minute trip cancellation, and didn't get a chance to cancel my hotel reservation. I received the bill on my credit card a month later, so I called the Hampton Inn to see if there was anything I could do to resolve the issue. I was pleasantly surprised at the professionalism of the hotel staff, and how quickly they resolved my billing issue. I will definitely recommend that our staff use the Hampton Inn when we travel to bowling green on future recruitment trips.

Mike Zabonik
Strategic Supply Services Manager
Columbus, Ohio

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael Z
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our first time staying at this Hampton, but we'll always try to stay there in the future. We had a great stay with exceptionally clean room, great breakfast choices, and wonderful service. The location is perfect if doing anything at the University or in the downtown area. No wonder it's almost always full!

1 Thank smthibs
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My company always books us at the hotel for meetings. Everything is always perfect - breakfast, cleanliness, free evening cookies, fast internet.....EVERYTHING! My business travel would be so much easier is all hotels operated with these high standards. Oh, the the staff is always very kind and helpful!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
1 Thank AGSTX
Paris, France
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is like a home away from home. I've stayed here numerous times the past few years, and it has never failed me. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, including Drury Inn, but this one has competitive prices and provides the security of knowing you will receive the Hampton/Hilton level of excellence. The place is always clean, comfortable, and has extra amenities like a pool, exercise room, breakfast buffet, fresh, warm cookies at night, and to-go breakfast snack bags for those on the run. To top it off, Sami and his staff are especially kind, warm, and accommodating! Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance staff are pleasant and smiley. :)
Stay here next time you're in the area. You will surely not be disappointed!

1 Thank gookgette
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is clean and very close to the university and restaurants. The worst thing was at midnight the guest upstairs decided to use their jacuzzi tub (my room has a huge one too). It took them about 30 minutes to fill it and it was sooooo noisy. The plumbing was very loud I couldnt hear the TV at normal levels! Then after they filled it, they obviously turned it on which was not as loud as the filling, but still annoying.
If I ever stay there again I will make sure there isn't a jacuzzi tub above me.

Room Tip: not below a jacuzzi tub
1 Thank LucindaR_11
samibgnoh, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feadback about the jacuzzi noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2012

From check-in to check-out, our stay at the Hampton Inn Bowling Green was fantastic. On a weekly basis we travel to different college towns and on this particular weekend we stayed in Bowling Green. I would highly recommend this hotel and surely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bowling Green
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!