“French Toast yummy!”

Canal street Diner
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Bolivar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The French toast was awesome. Large pieces and had the right taste! Also had the home fries and they were great. My husband had the sausage biscuit and gravy and couldn't eat it all!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped at the Canal Street Diner for lunch before we headed out for a bike ride on the nearby towpath. We didn't know what to expect as we had never been here before, but we were pleasantly surprised with the wide selection of items on the menu, the friendliness of the staff and the great prices. Our party of 3 ordered 2 burgers and the fish sandwich - we all raved about how good our food was. You usually have luck with these types of places and this one is no different. We would absolutely return here for a great meal. There's not much in the town, but it's a great stop when biking through or starting a hike/walk/bike. Check it out and show the local entrepreneurs some love!

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Located in "downtown" bolivar. Small town with lots of heart. Staff great. Food wonderful. On a cold day great bean soup and sandwiches. Just a nice place to get out of the hassle of Amish country and relax with great food and great people. Try it. And golfers. Course close by. Just on other side of highway.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I tried something different on this my second visit to the Canal Street Diner. I was passing past Bolivar on I-77 and had to decide if I should stop for breakfast or stop on my way home for a late lunch. Since my first visit was so good I decided to get breakfast again but this time I would try something very different than my first visit. I ordered two blueberry pancakes. Wow, were they big and wow, where they good. I barely finished them. What a value!
I was able to park in front of the restaurant, was quickly seated, my food arrived very soon and it was hot and delicious. My server was very attentive and quick with the coffee refills. I think I found my new favorite restaurant. I can't wait to try lunch or supper the next time I am driving up or down I-77. I plan on coming back to try the ice cream as soon as it warms up!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great meal for the price. A lot of food, more than either of us could eat. Quaint atmosphere. Nice people. Nothing fancy.