“Very good option”

Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boardman
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We traveled to Youngstown to visit a sick relative and had a bad experience at a place in Niles (just north of here) on our first night. We tried the Holiday Inn Boardman on a recommendation for our second night, and it was clean and nice. It's located in an area with a lot of restaurants, although we ate breakfast inside the hotel restaurant and it was very good. The service was also notably good. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank ZenDad68

Reviewed March 15, 2006

I spend 30-40 nights a year in hotels, and this is perhaps one of the best Holiday Inns I've stayed in. Every amenity possible in the room, front desk will do ANYTHING for you, mattresses are brand new, rooms are squeaky clean. I stayed two nights and saw housekeeping supervisors with clipboards walking around many times throughout both days of my stay. Several times I saw housekeepers cleaning little tiny details in the public areas of the hotel. This is definitely the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Boardman.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank saxorob
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2005

This summer my family traveled from Illinois to Pennsylvania to New York and all over. We were looking for a half way point for our trip to stop overnight. I decided since we weren't going to need specific ammenities for just a late night stop, I'd use Priceline.com. Well, I ended up getting a room at this Holiday Inn in Boardman for $40. When we arrived, I thought that we must have the wrong hotel because it looked so nice for the price I was paying. I have to say, this was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in the whole trip. I am fairly picky in regards to cleanliness and this place passed my test with flying colors. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh, the lobby and pool area were beautiful. The beds were even comfortable, which is hard to come by in a hotel. I was actually sad that we only had one short night in this hotel. I would have liked to stay longer. My only complaint is that the front desk employee was not very friendly. Considering that I had no problems and the stay was wonderful, I can deal with it. He wasn't rude, just not very friendly. If I ever travel through Ohio again,I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2005
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed February 22, 2005

I was not impressed. They claim to have won some awards. Awards mean nothing unless you think serving wine and cheese in the lobby makes you look like a Hyatt. I wanted a clean, non-smoking and comfortable room. What can I say? Three strikes and you are out.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded February 28, 2005

Holiday Inn Youngstown South is exactly that: A Holday Inn. We're not about phony service and fake smiles. We're down to earth, friendly, and very proud of our hotel and our name. The welcome reception, where wine is served with either cheese or cookies in our lobby, is something we do because our guests have asked for it. In fact, when we didn't have it for several weeks, our guests told us they wanted it back. The Holiday Inn smoking preference guarantee applies to all reservations booked at our property (as well as at all other Holiday Inn properties). We certainly would look forward to having the opportunity to address the specific concerns of this reviewer should he/she decide to contact us.

Each year, the Holiday Inn system recognizes the hotels that guests have ranked into the top ten based on satisfaction scores. The Holiday Inn Youngstown South received its 11th Torchbearer Award in 2004. The hotel's restaurant received the Room Service and Breakfast awards for 2004. The hotel has also received Better Business Bureau awards, Priority Club Member's Choice awards for Best Hotel Staff, and more. We ask that you give us the opportunity to show you what we're all about.

Reviewed March 13, 2004

I recently stayed here on business and was pleasantly suprised. It was nicely furnished, very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't have a chance to eat on site but my colleagues who I travelled with did and had rave reviews. Overall..this was one of the nicest Holiday Inn properties that I have ever stayed in.

Reviewed February 23, 2004

For the price, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. Very clean and comfortable, large rooms with BIG king size beds. The staff will do anything they can to make your stay comfortable. The dining in the hotel is above average and very reasonable prices. The hotel rooms were very clean along with the rest of the hotel. You will not be disappointed. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2004
2  Thank Nitanylion
Pontiac, MI
Reviewed November 11, 2003

The rooms were just recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed there 3 months in 2 week stints and they made me feel like it was home. Very good Italian restaurant onsite. Free High Speed Internet Access. Will be back for sure.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boardman
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Been to Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South? Share your experiences!