“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boardman
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days.
The room was clean, the staff was competent and attentive.
The hotel has a restaurant and bar. The food and drink are quality.
There is also a small exercise room, a pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnBoardman, Senior Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

We are so happy that you had a great experience with us, and that you got to take advantage of a lot of our amenities!

We look forward to having you back again next time you are in town!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review!

Best Regards,

Michele Janci
Senior Sales Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I came up from Indianapolis In. for my nephews wedding. The majority of the wedding party stayed here...I must say, the room was great, clean, warm pleasant smell, the shower and vanity area very clean..Microwave and fridge very clean!!!! Also very important to my fiancé and I were the condition of the hallways leading up to the room .excellent .! The lobby areas were extremely inviting....the first impression upon entering lets you know your in the right place...!! The staff, from the front desk to the wonderful girls on the floor were extremely courteous and a pleasure to talk too...Thank You...The restaurant and bar area are top notch....!! Hats off too you all , you've help to create a wonderful weekend along with my nephew's wedding.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments! We have a lot of wedding groups here and they are fun to have! We are happy we could be part of making your special weekend a success!

Best Regards, and we hope to have you back!

Mike Moliterno, General Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I must qualify that I stayed here after winning a free nights stay, so I did not pay for anything. We took my two children in hopes of enjoying time in the pool. We found the pool to be very nice but the water was very cold. It was so cold that it caused my young children to start to shiver. A real disappointment that our pool time was cut short due to the temperature of the water.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and the service was great, the food was just okay, I would not eat there again. Over priced for the quality of food. At breakfast, the pancakes were rubbery, like they had be reheated. Again mediocre food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We apologize that the pool was not warm enough, we love our pool, and we will keep a closer eye on the temperature. Our restaurant has a great reputation in the area, with a wonderful chef that has been with us for 20 years. We are sorry that you did not have a memorable experience, and hope that you will give us a second chance!

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have you back in the future!

Take Care,
Mike Moliterno, General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel throughout northeast Ohio for work and have stayed in all of the area hotels. This hotel has remained my top choice for many years. The recent renovations are great and the staff always provide excellent customer service. The evening appetizers during the work week are delicious, including breakfast!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! We appreciate our loyal guests, and thank you for choosing us over and over! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Mike Moliterno

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just stayed here for four nights on business. The hotel is very well maintained, and the staff was extremely courteous. The hotel is very close to the freeway, and there are lots of very good restaurants nearby - try Michael Alberin's !.

There is also an onsite restaurant/lounge that is very good -we had breakfast there every morning. There is a nice pool, and several meeting rooms. The only downside that I experienced was that the Internet access was very slow - since I was on a business trip, this was more an issue for me. I would recommend this to travelers staying the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for the kind words. We take pride into making sure our facility is operating to the best of its ability. Internet is extremely important. We will speak with our provider immediately and make sure the issue is resolved.
Thanks again,
Mike Moliterno

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I go to Youngstown at least every other month to visit family and this is the first time staying in this property. I found the staff at all levels to be very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, but felt that the overall appearance of the hotel was a little dated. It is probably time for a total makeover. This would not stop me from booking this hotel again, because of the very nice amenities. The hotel is located on a central commercial strip, convenient to a large mall, many restaurants, stores and movie theaters. Exiting the parking lot with a left turn onto a very busy road can be a bit tricky at certain times of the day. It is probably the largest hotel in town. My only complaint is why the mini pillows on the bed?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thanks for the kind words. We did do a major exterior renovation last year and plan a major interior renovation this year, that our guests will love. Interesting, regarding the pillows, we are bound to use the pillows mandated by our chain. However, they just announced that we will be using new pillows soon!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel recently using PC reward points. Nice place. Solid location near everything; nice-sized rooms; modern lobby; and big, clean pool. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

My room could have used a thorough clean (we moved some furniture to accommodate the ironing board and it was pretty gross in the corners), and they were out of coffee in the lobby in the morning but other than that it was a great stay overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I'm glad you had a good stay. Thank you also for the comments in areas that we need to improve. These are very helpful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boardman
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South? Share your experiences!