“Comfortable Place To Stay”

Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boardman
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The staff is very friendly and efficient. I had called ahead to assure a certain room type and request a refrigerator to be placed in the room. All was in order when I arrived. They are very good at accommodating extra requests when they have availability.

The pool and whirlpool were clean and well maintained. The whirlpool was very hot on the first night and the desk clerk immediately notified maintenance. All was corrected within the hour.

The restaurant is lovely and conveniently located on the 1st floor. However, there are many dining options within walking distance. Also, can walk to the local theater which is right behind the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky_Pultz
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I cant say enough about my first and not the last experience was staying at the Boardman Holiday Inn! I was a bit nervous not having a reservation as all other local hotels were full but by the time I left I wont think twice about where to stay while in town and would even drive a little further just to stay here, From the front desk staff at check in, to the room service staff, to the Sales Manager greeting guests at the coffee bar in the morning, I just cannot say enough about how pleasant my stay was.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was working in the Youngstown area for a week, and we stayed at this Holiday Inn. Check-in was easy. I always request a room with a microwave and refrigerator since we stay quite a long time. But the front desk clerk told me she didn't have any of those rooms available (without checking in the computer). But she put me on a list to have a refrigerator delivered to my room if they had any available. I didn't have much hope. But my co-worker and I went to dinner, and when I returned to my room, I had a refrigerator!

The rooms are nice and big. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom counter is slightly small, but workable. A bonus: the hotel uses Bath and Body Works products for shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. I never heard a lot of banging doors in the hallway or noise from my neighboring rooms. All-in-all a quiet location.

We never ate at the hotel restaurant. There are dozens of restaurants within a mile. I did use the hotel's workout room. It has two treadmills, an elliptical, and a stationary bike. Beware: the room is very humid - maybe because it's right next to the pool. Just make sure you have a towel which are provided in the workout area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed here on our wedding night. We also had an agreement with the hotel to have a lower price per night for our guests. We were very pleased as were our guests. They had nothing but great things to say about the hotel. The staff did a wonderful job greeting our guests and passing out our welcome bags. TJ's was great for breakfast the next morning and worth the money. Rooms were very clean (we had the suite).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The hotel was great to stay at, but in the future the rooms will need a minor face lift, the bed was comfortable and the room was good. If need be i would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This location was very outdated. They did not have hot water one of the days during my visit. Not good when you are in town for business and need a shower. They offered 1000 extra points, but have not even credited those to my account. There was a police officer on my floor one night when I arrived back from work, creeped me out. I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The one bedroom suite we had was full of dust and food under the couch in the living room.
When we put on the heaters to take the chill out of the room, the fire detector went off. Before we had time to unpack the suite was full of staff and firemen. Needless to stay we had to vacate our suite for 3 hours. The fire alarm had a very loud screaming sound that was continuous for the entire time. They finally fixed it by disconnecting the fire alarms. For our inconvenience we were given a $20.00 credit at the hotel restaurant. We had my husband and I and our daughter and her friend. Considering the rate is $250.00 a nite, I was dis satisfied all the way around. Will not be staying there again!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boardman
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Been to Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South? Share your experiences!