“Wonderful server, great peppers n oil w/ bread; main course so -so”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Johnny's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Boardman
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had ressies for a Saturday night and were surprised they sat us next to the bar? But, it a booth and comfy. We had a great server - he was friendly and attentive. We ordered pepper n oil as an app($2 - free refill!) - even though they aren't on the menu - it' s Ytown thing - almost every Italian restaurant has them! They were probably some of the best I had eaten - we ended up buying a quart to take home ($10).
My husband ordered a chicken entrée and enjoyed it - ate it all, was really not a large serving.
I ordered the Mahi Mahi and my plate looked incomplete. I had a sm. serving of rice (which is wonderful - house blend) and a sm. piece of fish. My fish was good but, it could have been so much better with a sauce on the side or some fruit salsa. Either of those would have made the presentation so much better too. It's like the chef is either just a "cook" or not very talented. Both of which is unfortunate as this place is almost really good.
We used an entertainment coupon (saved $10 - $10 off $40).
I almost gave this place a 4 - I wanted to - but, it really is just average IMO.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very good food and service! Great place to eat and a nice environment. This is one of the best restaurants that I have eaten at in a long time. The servers were friendly and efficient. Food is well worth the money too. Great place to go and I will be back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was a total waste of time and money, the food took forever, it was cold when it arrived and the server was rude. and when I complained,The chef was ignorant and disrespectful and stated I could always go somewhere else. If this is fine dinning you would be better off going fast food. The owner seems to have very little hand in his business as I was ever only able to speak to the chef concerning my complaint, even after calling several times. if you are looking to have a good time Johnny's is not the place to take someone you would like to impress. over all I would say they don't want your business if you expect to get your moneys worth, however if you like poor service cold food and rude employees than Johnny's is the place for you. I will never spend another dollar there...

1  Thank David a
Reviewed July 6, 2013

LOVE their sauce, gnocchi and house dressing. And love that bread and salad come with your dinner, which in most cases really ends up being two dinners. My family has never had anything they haven't liked at Johnny's.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did not get to try the food. I was there with a group of people for a bridal shower (small group of 9). waited one half hour to get menu, waited 1.5 hrs to get food at the table.I was on a timeline to leave and unfortunately was unable to eat my meal. The service was very poor. The business was not busy at the time but it appeared that they were very short staffed. I have never waited 1.5 hrs before to get food on the table. If you are going there my suggestion would be that you make sure you do not have anywhere else to go so that you will have ample time for service. The atmosphere is nice,but don't go hungry and have plenty of time.

2  Thank wmtlm