“Typical Youngstown Dive”

Youngstown, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical Youngstown Dive”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was a total waste of time and money, the food took forever, it was cold when it arrived and the server was rude. and when I complained,The chef was ignorant and disrespectful and stated I could always go somewhere else. If this is fine dinning you would be better off going fast food. The owner seems to have very little hand in his business as I was ever only able to speak to the chef concerning my complaint, even after calling several times. if you are looking to have a good time Johnny's is not the place to take someone you would like to impress. over all I would say they don't want your business if you expect to get your moneys worth, however if you like poor service cold food and rude employees than Johnny's is the place for you. I will never spend another dollar there...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank David a

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Favorite restaurant in Boardman”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

LOVE their sauce, gnocchi and house dressing. And love that bread and salad come with your dinner, which in most cases really ends up being two dinners. My family has never had anything they haven't liked at Johnny's.

Visited January 2013
Warren, Ohio
“service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did not get to try the food. I was there with a group of people for a bridal shower (small group of 9). waited one half hour to get menu, waited 1.5 hrs to get food at the table.I was on a timeline to leave and unfortunately was unable to eat my meal. The service was very poor. The business was not busy at the time but it appeared that they were very short staffed. I have never waited 1.5 hrs before to get food on the table. If you are going there my suggestion would be that you make sure you do not have anywhere else to go so that you will have ample time for service. The atmosphere is nice,but don't go hungry and have plenty of time.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank wmtlm
Youngstown, Ohio
“Worst service I have ever recieved!!!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The day after mothers day I wanted to take my mother to a nice dinner since we both worked mothers day! Let's just say I live in Trumbull County and so I thought we would give it a try since they are known for good food. From the moment we walked in the door the waitress was dumb-founded! Took forever for her to even great the table, then we ordered a bottle of wine and an appetizer at the same time. The appetizer was dropped off at the table before we even got the wine or water on the table. Continued to wait.. Finally asked the hostess to get our wine. Waited some more and finally after over an hour of being there and still didn't even have our dinner orders taken yet I asked for the check and told the girl I would never be back. She went on to say how she was soooo busy and her manager wouldn't help her. There was 3 tables including ours in her section... Bunch of crap and lies the 3rd table got there about 15 minutes after us and they seem to have been eating their dinners while we still waited. I have been a server for 8 years and I work at the Lake Club and would never ever give someone such horrible service and then turn around and blame on my manager! Will not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank barb4545
Poland, Ohio
“Local favorite”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good casual dining , Italian american ... Staff is friendly and effiecient .
Can accomodate large or small groups
Chicken and greens is excellent

Visited January 2013