“Consistent Traditional Italian Fare”

Caffe' Capri Italian Bar & Grille
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Boardman
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Consistent Traditional Italian Fare”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good wedding soup and above average italian dishes. Nice place with good service, but it can get very crowded especially on weekends. Veal dishes are my favorite as well as chicken marsala. Friendly staff and attentive service.

Visited October 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
“relaxing meal”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

what a great way to relax !! the food was outstanding and staff was great !! we had lunch and the serving were plentiful !!

Visited November 2012
Boardman, Ohio
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten here numerous times over the years -- first when it was in its smaller location and now in its new location. They shouldn't have moved.

I guess the atmosphere is "nice" -- everything is new and decorated. However, I find it dark, gawdy, and largely uncomfortable. I don't understand the tacky decor -- but maybe that appeals to a lot of people. I'm certainly not a decorator.

The service is usually good.

What stinks the most is the overpriced crappy food. There is nothing I have ever eaten there that is very good. Moreover, we have noticed that our stomachs are upset everytime we eat there. Not very nice to spend 60 bucks for two people to spend the day in the bathroom.

I will never understand why in a town full of Italian restaurants that THIS one is so popular.

1 Thank NoelsCat
Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere, OK food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We often meet friends from Cleveland at the halfway point which is Boardman and decided to try Caffe Capri based on the recommendation of friends. This is a newer location and the place is very nicely decorated with a large friendly bar area which is separate from the main dining room. We ate in the bar area which was fine, the server was on the inexperienced side so we had to put up with mistakes and lack of knowledge. Food was ok, typical Italian pasta/sauce place. The best thing were the arancini balls (risotto balls), the gnocci was fine, the veal marsala was poor executed (should have been executed) with a marsala sauce that was separating indicating it wasn't prepared correctly. Friends had fetuccine and seafood which they said was fine.
Wine prices were excellent and had a decent selection of wines. We'll try it one more time to see if there's any improvement in the food.

• Visited October 2012
Youngstown, Ohio
“Fallen out of favor for good reason”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Once this was a favorite place for us. They operated as Isle of Capri in Poland, then moved to Boardman renamed Cafe Capri at first Market Street location were still quite good and attracted so much business that they moved to new larger building. We haven't had the best experiences at the new location, but previous time was when busy on weekend and we decided to give it a midweek try Wednesday at 5:00 pm so they were not busy at all. My wife entered and was ignored by both hostesses until I walked in. We were seated in a nice booth and ordered mixed drinks first. The vodka gimlet had no lime juice at all, making it a vodka and water costing $6.95 and my gin and tonic was okay but not sure if $4.50 was a happy hour price or regular price. Either way, neither drink had a lime wedge garnish which would be typical. My wife told the waiter about the lack of Rose's Lime juice and the waiter asked if she wanted it fixed, DUH.!!!! Next we had tossed salads with vinigrette dressing. Just okay salads since they were dressed only in olive oil with no sign of vinegar in either bowl. The linguine with greens entre that my wife had was good though a bit overpriced. I had one of the specials of the day, wide noodles with clams, mussels, in a really nice herb sauce. It seemed like things were looking up until I kept biting down on chunks of broken shells. The pieces of broken shells kept getting larger and sharper but the seafood and the sauce was still so good that I toughed it out and finished. I was going to show the waiter how many pieces of broken shells that I had picked out of my entre but we decided it was a moot point as we will never go back to this place!

Visited September 2012