The Blu Hotel
HIExpress.com
$109
$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$126
GardenInn.com
$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$159
$109
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$139
$80
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

All reviewswafflescharging stationromantic weekendfrench doorshotel rooms arekitchenette arearoom was cleanthe staff was super friendlyreed hartmantennis tournament in masoncincy areastay there againking suitegreat roombusiness areashort drivea wonderful stay
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in 7/09 and I am just writing a review (12/09). I am remembering to because my husband and I liked it and we are returning. I see some mixed reviews from a few years ago. I tihnk the place have changed and improved. The was a NOLA style theme which was nice large lobby, nice. The room was clean and spacious. stayed in the suite. I liked the separate kitchen /living area and the separate bath/ shower with French doors. The front desk workers did seem lazy and uninterested however the housekeeping staff (one lady) was extremely helpful and nice. It was her last day and I tipped her $10. I just hope I get another like her. A lot of local resturants down the street. Rubys in the lot. I am staying again and I will be back to review it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I'm not sure why this place has mixed reviews. Maybe it's under new management, because I just stayed at the location and it completely exceeded my expectations. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the older reviews which are not that positive.

The room was a suite-style room with a low dividing wall and very spacious. Everything was clean. The place is quiet and there is free high speed internet. Not only that, but the prices were lower than most hotels in the area!

I really think this place is a great bargain, I'm happy to return. Good deal overall.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank radrocks
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times on business trips. The first time I walked in I immediately loved the hotel, because the air and atmosphere in the lobby is great-- can really take in a good deep breath of fresh air. No smoking in this hotel, which is great, because I can't stand cigarette smoke in the hallways like alot of hotels have.

The staff are very pleasant to be around, especially Olga, who is the blonde there in the mornings. They make you feel very welcome there. So if a manager of this hotel reads this, props to her please, she is one of the reasons I wanted to come back.

Room is spacious for the price, alot better then most hotels I have stayed at. Room to walk around, and places to sit. Also, the room is situated well-- everything seems to be in a good place. Beds are soft, but not too soft.

Things I disliked:

WiFi internet was a little slow. Not deathly slow like some places I have stayed at, but still slow. I think I topped out at 50 kbps.

Parking is bad on busy days. I work late, so sometimes when I get back to the hotel, I have to park in the business complexes parking lot to the right of the hotel because all the spaces are taken.

Bathroom could have been bigger... I would have traded some of the space in the living area for a jacuzzi or something in the bathroom if it was an option.

Breakfast wasn't that good. Same thing every day. Eggs, sausage, toast, and waffles.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank absolutroot
Reviewed November 3, 2006

Stayed here 2 nights back in June for Bus. and wished I was somewhere else. This must be a family ran franchise since the whole time I was there I seen the same 3 people working. The room was clean and spacious but rough around the edges. The landscaping inside the lobby area is hilarious and looks like it was done by a 4 year old! Breakfast in the morning was another joke. Hope you like room temp milk and juice as they leave these sitting out for hours without ice. Seems like this could be a health hazard! I've stayed in 4 or 5 that were worse, but I will not be back!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vols98
Reviewed October 9, 2006

We were not sure what to expect based on the mixed reviews we had read but overall , not a bad stay. Not very many nearby choices for dining or drinks. Hotel is located is a corporate business area. Choices for dining were Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays .. and a bit further McDonalds and Wendys. If you drive down Reed Hartman towards the airport there is a BW3.
The hotel is a bit older but well kept .. probably used to be another chain and has been refurbished. The free continental breakfast was like all the other Choice Hotel chains ... not much to brag about .. the usual ... bagels, danish and this one had (microwaved) sausage patties .. along with the standard "make your own" waffles. What ever happened to biscuit / gravy and donuts?? Staff was very friendly. We used Choice points for a free room .. not sure I would have been as satisfied if I had been paying full price.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple