“Excellent Japanese Food”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent Japanese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I came to this little restaurant base on TripAdvisor reviews and this place didn't disappoint, food was excellent, best sushi I eat in years (and last time was in Japan). Service was great, this was my wife's first time trying out Japanese food, so she had a lot of questions, and owner's wife came out answered them all.
And to top it off, the homemade dessert just great. For this week they had Avocado Lemon Ice Cream, I didn't think avocado could make a good ice cream, oh, I was wrong...I think I will go back just for that.

• Visited January 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Truly Authentic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Ando is one of the few Japanese owned and operated restaurants in Cincy that we've found. The sushi is amazing; without a doubt the freshest in the area. The other dishes are an excellent representation of the best that Japanese cooking has to offer. I've been to Japan probably close to 50 times over the years and tend to be very picky when it comes to ethnic cuisine. This restaurant absolutely satisfy's my 'yen' for a trip down memory lane.

• Visited June 2012
“Authentic Japanese cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We have been going to Ando for quite some times now. We used to live in Japan, so our standards for Japanese food are quite high. Ando is owned and run by a Japanese Couple. Ken makes the sushi and his wife (Kate?) is the hostess. Their fish quality is the best in the Greater Cincinnati area, in my opinion, so sushi and any grilled fish are always great. I normally order "TeShoku" - a term used to describe a set meal comes in a tray. This set meal is not listed in the English menu, so you have to ask. Kate is very good at desribing the dishes and helping you choose based on your eating preference. TeShoku consists of miso soup, salad, about 2-3 small, traditional side dishes (such as seasonal vegetables, tofu), grilled fish, rice and pickled vegetables. My favorite grilled fish by far is the black cod - flown fresh from Alaska. The white fish fillet is grilled perfectly that you can taste the buttery flavor that comes naturally from the fish. The fish is so fresh, I don't think they add any seasoning to it, perhaps a squeeze of fresh lemon and sprinkle of salt at the most. To me, that's the epitome of Japanese cooking.

• Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Good food in a quiet setting. Staff is helpful. It was convenient to where I am staying during this trip but I will visit again even if I'm staying further away

“Authentic Japanese Cusine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you want the best Japanese cuisine in Northern Cincinnati, the Ando is your destination! Outstanding food prepared by a master Japanese chef! This is a family-run restaurant that prides itself on their quality.

Visited November 2011