“Authentic Japanese Cusine”

Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Authentic Japanese Cusine”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you want the best Japanese cuisine in Northern Cincinnati, the Ando is your destination! Outstanding food prepared by a master Japanese chef! This is a family-run restaurant that prides itself on their quality.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank CJ5687

Belmont, California
“Real Japanese people making really great Japanese food in Ohio!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a gem hidden in a small shopping center next to Office Depot and behind Bob Evans. This is my new favorite restaurant in Blue Ash since Apsara closed, and I highly recommend it. I was greeted warmly by a Japanese lady whom I recognized as one of the owner-operators from their website. The sushi chef is Japanese (I'm so tired of "Japanese" food being made by non-Japanese, it's not the same), and he was so sweet, he asked me if I understood what natto was, to be sure that I, a white girl, wanted it (fermented soybeans- yum!). They use the good pickled ginger (colorless) and fly fish in from Japan. They post the menu and specials on their website and it matches the ones offered in-house. They have a wide selection of grilled, pickled and salad appetizers, an extensive sushi/sashimi menu as well as several different kinds of maki, the usual teriyaki and katsu dinner combos, tempura, udon, soba, donburi. Pretty much everything, in other words. Two servers and the owner-operator tended to the small dining room, my iced tea was refilled three times, as soon as it got halfway down, and my food was delievered in minutes and empty plates were offered to be cleared almost immediately. It is not a cheap place as with most Japanese restaurants, but it absolutely delivers the value one expects for the price paid. Upon leaving, the owner-operator thanked me for making a reservation (turns out I didn't need it for one person on a Wednesday at 7 PM) and for coming. A Japanese family as well as a table of Japanese business travelers were there at the same time, so the place must be good. It's not just me saying so!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Erica K
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The Sushi here is excellent. Service OK. Drinks Good. Would recommend if you are into Sushi.