“Fantastic and exceptional value”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
wilmington
“Fantastic and exceptional value”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Just wanted to thank the Crowne Plaza for a very lovely experience. A colleague and I stayed there 02-04-11 through 02-06-11. The room with a king size bed, was really nice and overlooked the atrium. We ate dinner there on both Friday and Saturday night. Friday, we had just sandwiches because it was so late in the evening, and the meal was so good we decided to eat dinner there again on Saturday. Both dinner meals were wonderful. Great presentation and tasted wonderful. Steaks on Saturday night were tender and done perfectly! We were thrilled with the service and the food. .

Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning in the atrium was good too. Good presentation and the food was good. Both the waitress and the manager of the area were exceptional. They were very attentive and helpful.

What can I say about Mark, the bartender on Friday and Saturday? He was wonderful and nice and very attentive to our dirnks and the serving of our dinners. Kudos, Mark.

The gentlemen on duty at the front dest was very helpful, pleasant and also very attentive to our needs. You couldn't ask for better service. I'm sorry I was lax about getting his name and would personally thank him here for all his help in answering our questions.

The room, the staff (exceptional) and the hotel were really very nice and everything was clean and neat. The little ditty bag on the bed in the room is a nice touch. :O)

We were very pleased with our stay and would most definately plan on staying there again. It was a good experience and a pleasure. Thank you staff, for making our stay so nice and a pleasurable experience. We'll be back and we will definately recommend the Crowne Plaza on Pfeiffer Road to our friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comments concerning your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cincinnati. We have made your comments available for all of our associates to read and feel good about themselves. Thanks again from the staff of the Crowne Plaza. Danny Hill - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I had the extreme pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza in Blue Ash in December. It was a very rewarding experience starting with the personnel at the front desk all the way to ladies that took care of the room. It was like I was the most important person to them. Everyone went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and taken care off. The room was great, the facility itself is impressive, the food was among the best I have had and the lounge made you feel like you were sitting at home with a bunch of your closest friends. My compliments to all the staff at the hotel. I will definitely be recommending them anytime I can and will definitely stay there the next time need lodging in the Cincinnati area

There are too many people that made it their job to accomodate me to mention, so thanks to all of them for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Eh, this Crowne Plaza hotel was not that great. I stayed one night at this hotel for a business trip. I thought the Crowne Plaza hotel name was synonymous for high quality - but this was not the case at this hotel. First I will start with the highlights about this hotel: For the most part the front desk staff were friendly and answered all questions that I had. The hotel also has a great location with easy access to the nearby freeway. Another plus was the free wireless internet access and free parking. My bed was comfortable to sleep on. Overall, the floor I stayed on was quiet, and there was no freeway noise heard while in my room or while I was in the lobby area.

Now for the "low-lights:" I will have to agree with some of the other people who reviewed this hotel who stated that the hotel rooms were not very clean. Don't get me wrong here - the front entrance/lobby area was clean. However, I was not at all impressed with my room. There was crown molding around the entire room that was seriously cracked in multiple locations. I even thought I saw evidence of black smudges where the cracked molding was that might have been black mold from moisture damage, but I am not 100% certain it was mold. The closet space was very small. I personally like more modern decor and furniture (if I could be nit picky here), and the carpet and drapes were outdated in my opinion. They have not transitioned to flat panel televisions either (at least my hotel room did not have a flat panel, but did have an "old timey" TV set. There was no mini refrigerator or microwave in the room (a bummer in my book). The toilet in the bathroom ran off and on the entire time I was there, which was a bit annoying at night when I was trying to get some sleep. Also, the main open space area on the first floor of the hotel where their restaurant is located had a strong smell of chlorine/dampness - likely due the indoor swimming pool.

I didn't dine at any of their restaurants or order room service, so I cannot comment on the taste or quality of their food. It was an okay place to stay, but if I return to the Cincinnati area again in the future I think I would search for a better hotel to stay at next time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank docsurglace

Travelers are raving about these Blue Ash hotels

Beijing, China
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I recently got back from 3 weeks out in Blue Ash, Ohio, where I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while I was attending the Cincinnati Sports Medicine Clinic to do twice-daily, post-surgery physical therapy . I was in a wheelchair, and, later, on crutches for the entire length of my stay.
The Crowne Plaza staff -- everyone from the manager, Donna, to those behind the front desk, in the restaurant, and those who operated the free shuttle service between my clinic and the hotel, could not have been nicer and more accomodating. They were friendly, helpful, and courteous.
Given the length of my stay, the free internet and shuttle service and the ease with which I was transferred to a handicapped room were life-savers (as was the discounted rate for those in town for an operation/physical therapy.)
I've lived in three states, three countries, and have stayed in some wonderful, luxurious hotels all over the world. The Crowne Plaza staff could hold their own in terms of friendliness and overall quality of service with the best of them!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
hartford
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I am out for six nights this week and this is the second time this year i have stayed at this hotel. At check in i was offered a king bed even though booked on priceline. The rooms are small but clean and recently renovated. My room did not have a flat screen TV. The bar had a country music band plalying. I ordered room service and it was prompt and good portions. This property has a 3.5 star rating which i could go between 3-3.5 stars.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Monterey,California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel is listed as 3.5 stars on Priceline, but does not live up to that rating. Yes, there is a restaurant, pool, workout room, and business center. These amenities to not compensate for the terrible room we had. It was small, with only one chair at the desk for sitting. The bathroom had virtually no counter space. There was nowhere to store toiletries! Our room was very dark. It opened into the "courtyard" with the pool. However, our view was primarily of a wall. There was no closet. Just a small rack near the door to hang clothing. Housekeeping was terrible. One day, we were out of toilet paper, and this was not replaced. Also, the ceramic mugs were left dirty with old coffee in them. However, they had put a new paper cover over the mug, so that it appeared clean! I will not give details about the unclean state of the toilet when we arrived.
On the plus side, there was a decent dresser for clothing. Free internet was a plus. The hotel was convenient to the freeway. It is very close to the Pfeiffer exit, and a quick drive to the heart of Blue Ash, Montgomery, and Kenwood. My last visit, I stayed further north, near Sharonville at one of the extended stay motels (can't remember name) off of the Reed Hartman Hwy. It was a much nicer place than this Crowne Plaza! I would never stay here again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zeldazoss
Dayton, OH
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Booked this room through NameYourOwn Price Priceline bid for a Saturday night stay - $50!! After it booked, I was alarmed to see some of the reviews here. My experience was very, very good. Friendly staff, modern average-sized room, absolutely spotless. Based on some of the other reviews here, I actually LOOKED for signs of poor housekeeping, couldn't find any - our room #219 was very, very nice. It almost appeared to be recently re-done; the carpets, walls, wallpaper had a new appearance to them. Nice selection of firm/soft pillows, very comfortable bed. One oddity: the "closet" was just an alcove with a shower curtain-like thing that concealed the ironing board, closet rods, etc. That seemed kind of....cheesy. I was surprised to see this hotel was fairly busy on a weekend (since it's considered more of a business hotel), but it was nonetheless quiet. Public areas are nice but not extraordinary. Pool area is nice, but pool is small. There was a group of 5 or 6 40-ish guys in/at the pool, and they had a box of beer on the side of the pool and beer cans in/around the pool, LOL! They were well behaved, one had his young daughter in the pool with him, but the beer box/cans around the pool looked kind of redneckish. Didn't try the restaurants at the hotel. There's a Bob Evans, Subway, and other family-owned (Italian?) restaurant that looked popular, all sharing this hotel's parking area, so they're all within an easy walk in the very safe neighborhood. FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM!!! Now THAT'S nice! Excellent/fast connection, too. Room had a lot of lighting and outlets. Bathroom was average, could've used a bit more counter space, but it wasn't a big deal. The only thing we didn't like were the hallways. They were clean, and actually looked kind of new, but they very dark/dingy looking. The dark green/red carpeting combined with the dim stark white fluorescent lighting made the place seem very institutional, foreboding, depressing, old. The room was a pleasant surprise after walking those hallways! Some of the rooms were a looooonnngg walk from the lobby. In the "wing" beyond ours, the ice machine/pop machine were out in the open (not in an enclosed room), where the noise could be bothersome to nearby rooms. But again, the room was very nice, we very much enjoyed our stay, and do recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!