“I would definitely come back!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Chillicothe, Ohio
“I would definitely come back!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We made our reservation through Hotwire.com. Once we were given the name of the hotel, I checked the reviews. They were not very good, and I thought our trip would be ruined. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We had two rooms. Both were immaculate. I looked very carefully (lysol in hand) due to the poor reviews, but I found everything to be pristine. The beds were very comfortable with extra pillows! The pool area was the most pleasant and clean indoor pool areas we have ever seen. The staff was very helpful and friendly even when merely passing us in the hallway. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
lexington,ky
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I Stayed at this fine Establishment and was greeted with a hearty hello and such a warm smile. My family enjoyed our stay we also enjoyed such a beautiful and clean hotel. We hope to return to Crowne Plaza Blue Ash real soon. I would recommend fellow travelers to stay at this home like atmophere on any occasion.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thanks for your comments! Glad we met your expectations and that you left happy. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again. Danny HIll-General Manager
Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We booked through Hotwire, which was the first time using one of those "buy before you find out which hotel" type of discount services. The experience at the Crowne Plaza ensures that we will never book that route again. I will say that every interaction with the staff we had was very pleasant and the indoor pool area was very enjoyable for us and the kids (mostly because it was deserted for the holiday weekend). We did not visit the buffet, though it smelled very nice as we were leaving.
The main problem, and the reason we will choose another hotel the next time we are in town, was the cleanliness of the room. I'm pretty sure that the "carpet" in the room is not carpet at all, but simply a tapestry woven from the hair of past guests. My youngest dropped a bed pillow on the floor and it was immediately covered with more hair than Sasquatch. In addition, there was a sprinkling of other items on the floor upon arrival such as a used q-tip and some plastic tags from clothing. I would rather pay a little more to ensure that I get a room that doesn't require me to put on shoes before I walk on the carpet for fear of spontaneous q-tipped monkey feet. I'm not sure if pets are allowed in the hotel, but I think that Wookies are, and they stayed in our room the night before.
Perhaps my wife and I are spoiled by our firm supportive mattress at home and this was the reason we did not enjoy the squishy lack of support in the bed. Everyone has their own idea of comfort, but I will say that my spine felt as if it was being readjusted with every toss and turn. Since it was the 4th of July, I assume the sound of fireworks drowned out the sound of my spine cracking so as to not wake the kids.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
We take your comments very seriosly and are extremely apologetic. The Operations Manager for the Crowne Plaza Hotel made several attempts to reach you on the in-room guest phone while you were here. She identified herself as such and left more than one message. Additionally, she called the cellular phone number that was given at check-in and was unable to reach anyone. She explained that I was out of town until Wednesday, June 30 at a Regional Crowne Plaza meeting. I apologise if the housekeeping was not up to standard and I can assure you that we are taking measures to make sure this situation does not repeat itself.
All of our guest room carpets and bedding were replaced in 2007. The carpets are professionally cleaned every three (3) months or more often if needed. Please accept my most sincere spologies. Danny Hill -General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Blue Ash hotels

Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Booked 3 nights over the weekend of June 25, 26, & 27. Priceline listed this as a 3.5 star hotel in the Blue Ash area. Found out on betterbidding.com I could get this for around $70/night. I did and I would not pay more than that. The area is in a business district. A Bob Evans is located in the parking lot, Subway in walking distance, gas station in front of the hotel, and the closet sit down restuarantother than Bob;s was BW3 about a mile away. This hotel is located right off 1 -71 just south of Kings Island. I thought the location was great. We live in Columbus and needed a convenient place to travel to the Reds, Zoo, Newport Aquarium, Kings Island, and Hollywood Casino. If you rate a hotel based on the amenities, then a 3.5 star for this might be appropriate, if you rate this hotel on service and housekeeping, then it only should get a 2 star at most. After our first night, we saw the housekeeper in the hall and she asked if we were going to gone awhile. I told her we would be gone all day. When we returned that evening, we were amazed at how poor the housekeeping was. The pictures you see I took imediately upon entering the room. I emailed the front desk and it wasn't until the next day that I got a message on the room phone. It was apparent over the next two days, no supervisor ever bothered to inspect our room. I complained several times and for 4 days, I had no coffee pot in my room. I had coffee but no pot. It's obvious the housekeepers do what they want on the weekends. I also have included a picture of a fishtank near the elevator. You have to ask yourself this very simple question. If they can't take care of a simple fish tank, how can they take care of you? The tank was disgusting. The best part of the hotel was the pool, small, heated, but clean. If you just need a place to stay, bid $70 on priceline.com BLUE ASH area and bring your own sanitary wipes and a vacuum cleaner.. If you are looking for a real 3.5 star hotel, then go somewhere else. The saddest part about this is that I asked that the General Manager contact me and he never did. Very sad

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your rcent comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. I peronally apologize for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay. Our Operations Manager left more than one message on your guest room phone and she also called the cell phone number that was provided at check in. Apparently we have an incorrect cell phone number. Her message asked you to call her so that she could resolve the situation in my absence. She never heard back. I was out of town at a Regional Crowne Plaza meeting in Chicago during your stay. Regardless, please accept my most sincere apologizes. I would welcome you to be my guest for one night complimentary if you would like to give us another try. Thank you - Danny O. Hill, CHA - General Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during a business trip. The room was comfortable and the hotel was nice and clean . . however . . the Housekeeping staff needs to realise that banging on your door and calling you from other rooms at 8 o'clock in the morning isn't appropriate. I know this is a business hotel, but there is no need for them to come and turn my room down when I'm not even awake yet. And, the one morning I didn't answer the door, the maid went into the adjacent room and called my room phone to wake me up. Extremely rude! Not to mention, on my second week in the hotel, they relocated me to a room over looking the pool/restaurant area. This would have been fine except that they kept the muzak blaring all through the night. I'm a light sleeper, and had to keep the fan running so I wouldn't hear it thru the poorly sound proofed walls. This is not a family hotel, or somewhere you want to go if you really need to get some sleep. It's a convention center, and you had better be ready to be up at 5am with the business crowd, or they'll make sure you're awake.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
San Carlos, California
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I stayed in Crowne Plaza for 2 nights and hated it with passion. My room had a view to the cafeteria! Breakfast was terrible.
Not recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
noblesville indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel as a one night getaway while grandma watched the kids. It was about 30 more than other hotels in the area. We decided to go ahead and book b/c we wanted breakfast via room service and wanted to watch a new release movie (without kiddos interrupting). The other hotels mainly did not have room service. Although it is advertised as having pay per view moview...they do not. The room service was horrible...who messes up breakfast for goodness sake. The hotel seemed old and out dated.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!