“Great Stay”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Duffield, VA
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I cannot complain about anything with our stay. This is a great hotel. We used priceline and when we arrived they had us in a King room. We asked to switch to two doubles since we had the kids and they let us pick the floor and area of the room. The hotel was spotless.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We reserved two rooms through Hotwire and therefore got a discounted rate. They gave us adjacent rooms, which was nice, and included priority club drink tickets even though the discounted rate didn't qualify as a priority club stay. The rooms were small but well-furnished, but I noticed the floors weren't clean, or at least hadn't been vacuumed for a while w/ hair on them (during morning stretches). Didn't eat in the restaurant, but there's a Bob Evans right next door which worked fine for us. Nice pool and exercise room for running, and the business center was simple but functional (and free w/ free printing). Overall was acceptable for our overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I booked a King Business room at a great rate on the Priority Club website, and because I'm a Platinum Priority Club member, we were upgraded to a 2 room suite at check in. Included in my rate was free wifi in the room, a free drink in the bar, and one free breakfast buffet. I also received another coupon for a complimentary drink and $5 off of dinner because of my status with Priority Club. The gentleman who checked me in was extremely busy (he was the only one at the front desk), but was very nice and took the time to explain where everything was in the hotel.

Our suite was very nice, and it included a microwave and refrigerator. I love the Crowne Plaza beds and the pillows, and they didn't disappoint.

The bar is fine and has a few beers on tap. The breakfast buffet in the atrium restaurant was o.k. The eggs were really overcooked, but the bacon was good. A waiter and waitress constantly came around with more coffee and tea and to check on us. The pool and pool area looked very nice, but we didn't have a chance to use it. There was also a complimentary business center available with 2 computers in it.

Overall, I liked the hotel. It's in a pretty suburban area of Cincinnati, so it's not near any nightlife. But it's a clean and comfortable hotel with very nice employees.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Bushnell, IL
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We stayed for one night last month when we were in Cincinnati for my daughter's interview at Xavier University. The room was small, but clean. The beds were very comfortable. We unfortunately chose to eat the buffet at the hotel for breakfast, and that proved to be a mistake. The service was bad (for juice and coffee). Food at the buffet was not kept warm at all! Plus, when things like bacon ran out, it was not replentished in a timely manner. The eggs were not edible. I wrote the manager an email, telling him I would rather alert him to the major problem in his dining room instead of posting my opinion on line. I spent considerable time writing a lengthy letter that I thought might help them so other people would not have the same issues that we did. I waited a week and did not even get an acknowledgement of my letter. I sent another email asking if he had received it. This time he did reply. He said that he had checked out all of the issues that I raised about the substandard breakfast; he said that he agreed with everything that I said!!! I even suggested that I would have been happy to pay slightly more (as the buffet was only $8.99)and have it be GOOD and edible. He told me that if I sent him receipts for our 3 breakfasts, he would reimburse me for them. I told him we had paid cash and did not get a receipt! I never heard from him again. As a public relations courtesy, he could have offered us coupons for a free breakfast the next time we were there. As it is, my daughter will probably attend graduate school in Cincinnati, and if he had made an effort, his hotel would have received much repeat business from us in the next 2 1/2 years. However, now I would have to say that there are many other hotels to try, like the Embassy Suites, whose breakfasts wrap circles around the one at the Crowne Plaza...and are free. Paying for a lousy breakfast at the Crowne Plaza added over $30 to our room charge, which would make the Embassy Suites a much better deal!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank caro1935

Travelers are raving about these Blue Ash hotels

Chicago
Reviewed April 28, 2009

great service in restaurant but the eggs were terrible/flavorless. Hotel bed was super comfortable and I really liked the lavender linen spray and eye mask included. will stay again very affordable booked online. staff was always smiling and very friendly. Also the option for free passes to Ballys fitness was a great bonus.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We arrived well before check in (10 am) and the front desk staff was able to get us right into a room, I was very pleased. We had booked a "road trip" package that included a $25 gift card and breakfast for two. The front desk person said it only included one breakfast and when I corrected her she honored the two breakfasts, however, she did not give us coupons for breakfast or the gift card at that time. We carried our own luggage to our room since we only had planned a one night stay and only packed a single bag so I cannot comment on porter service. She suggested we drive around the building to door "E" for easiest access to our room. When we got to door "E" I realized this solution would not work well for us. The door was on the corner of the building with a tall brick wall and a woods beside it, knowing I would be re-entering the hotel very late at night I did not feel this was safe for a single mom and her son traveling alone. I went ahead and parked near the hotel lobby and walked through the hotel to get to my room.

Our room was very nice and very clean. The bathroom was small but I was happy with the room. The beds were quite comfortable. I usually stay at the Embassy Suites when visiting this area but was looking forward the the "great sleep" promised by the Crowne Plaza. The beds were a good indicator that I would be pleased.

We arrived back at the hotel around midnight and wished for the promised sleep. Unfortunately, hallway noise, 4th floor rooms showering, early morning light sneaking around the curtainss, and housekeeping repeatedly knocking on my door early in the morning kept me from sleeping well.

Breakfast was a buffet, it was as good as any buffet. My complaints about the early morning wake ups by housekeeping were met with apologies an a $40 credit towards my room. The hotel was nice, but I am not sure I will ever return due to the sleep issues. Overall, it was a very nice hotel but the stay was disappointing.

• Liked — great room
  • Disliked — early wake up by housekeeping and noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2008

THis was a filthy dirty hotel. Disgusting. Shower stall was about 6 feet high, filled with pubic hair from previous guests. Dirty floor, trash under bed, toenail clippings by bed. New furniture, new beds but dirty. Good central location in Cincy but do not stay here. Tv did not work at all in one room, ordered breakfast room service, for some reason, they delivered exactly twice the order, guess it didn't dawn on the staff that they brought double of every item, they took it off the bill but said we could keep the food- we did not want it, hated the waste of that much food. The rooms are equivalent to Days Inn or similar. they give you fancy pillows and fancy bed spray to help you sleep better, how about they just clean the rooms??? Outside door locks did not work, anyone can come in. The electrical boxes with the circuit breakers for each room are in the hallways! I could have cut power to any room I wanted, even mine, really scary. Laundy room for hotel was wide open, any small child could go right in, dangerous. This place is gross. Toilet ran all night long, rooms are small, bathrooms old and dirty. The closet area is a spring loaded curtain rod with a heavy curtain, it actually fell on me. The ice bucket with REAL glasses is in the "closet" on the top shelf, amazing it didn't fall on me when the curtain fell. Not up to Crown Plaza standards.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ruthanne71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!