“Nice room but that is it”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my second attempt at finding a nice hotel off the I71 in Cincinnati. The good part is the size of the room. It is a double roomed, room a bit like a small apartment and is comfortable and spacious. Down sides are very noisy hot air blowers in both rooms. The main restuarant has not opened once in 9 nights, so dinner is served in the bar. The hotel staff seem to be on a competition to see who can wear the dirtiest uniforms and the hotel has the cheek to leave a card in the room asking guests to rate the service as a ten. The internet service also drops out every 10 minutes. I will not be back.

1  Thank Stephen K
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am sorry that your experience was below expectations, and we will use your feedback to correct these issues for future guests. Our Atrium Restaurant is only open for Breakfast & Lunch every day, and Dinner is served daily in the Lobby Lounge, and I will be making sure our future guests are informed of this on arrival. We continue to work with our wireless provider to give the best service available. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a business traveler and was only in the area for one night, but I was pleased with this property. It was very quiet in my room. The bed was comfortable and everything worked correctly. The breakfast bar was very good and had a lot of choices. The property is an older property, but met all my needs. The staff in the restaurant and at the desk were very friendly too.

Room Tip: King size bed with sofa bed very roomy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Lynn:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass you comments along to the staff so that they are recognized for a job well done. THanks again - Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I arrived I waited at the front desk for a while until someone showed up to help me. This was due to the key card machine not working. I pricelined the room and got it for $70/night so I can't complain. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was very small. I am guessing that had something to do with my reservation being done through Priceline. I can't put my finger on it but this Crowne Plaza just felt like a lower end hotel.

Dear Scalwag:
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash. Yes, the computer for a electronic keys crashed and it did take some extra time to get the appropraite keys made for our guests. My apologizes. Danny Hill - General Manager

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in a king room (four pillows) with sofa bed at the end of the hall on the top floor. The room was clean (although there was a small piece of baseboard tile missing in the bathroom), and everything worked. There was an outlet at the base of the bedside and desk lamps. I enjoy tea, so I'm in the habit of running a couple of cups of plain water through the coffeemaker first. After that, there was no coffee taste, so I doubt the coffeemaker was very dirty to start with. Toiletries supplied were shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and 2 small bars of soap. The shower curtain was plenty long enough. I was here for a conference, and had one breakfast in the dining area and one in a private dining area for our group. Each featured hot scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage, French toast & warm syrup, tasty muffins. There were some cold cereals and I think I remember some sort of potato dish & perhaps gravy. Oatmeal was available in the dining area. Lunch was the sandwich & soup & salad buffet in the main dining area--not much choice but cost less than $10 (even less if you only have soup & salad). Dinner was a buffet for our group both nights, so I can't comment on the dining room, but our buffets were excellent, except for dessert. The peach cobbler was very good, but the carrot and chocolate cakes were a little dry. The bar is separate from the dining area, opens at 5, and serves dinner. The pool area is very attractive. My only complaint is that some of the stairwells were dirty.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash with the Daylily convention. These comments will be passed along to the staff for review. Also, thank you for bringing to my attention the condition of the stairways. All the best-Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am a weekly business traveler and have stayed in several hotels in the Blue Ash area. This ranks in the bottom quarter of those hotels. I have been forced to stay here by our clients at least 7 times and have never had a good experience. It is dirty, dated, noisy and has the worst Wi-Fi in the area. When I explained that the Cincinnati Bell Wi-Fi often disconnects and is slow they stated that they did not understand why I was having that problem. This occurs every time I stay there.

Other than two of the many front desk staff, and the restaurant staff, the employees do not care whether or not you have a good experience. The $10.99 breakfast buffet is often cold or dried out so it is overpriced.

There is a hotel on every corner of this city and they are priced comparably. Stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the atrium.
1  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason C. Please accept my apologizes for your recent experiences at the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash. If you have an occasion ro come back to the area, I would be glad to offer you a complimentary one night stay including breakfast. Please contact me personally and I will make the arrangements - Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at this blue ash crown plaza because we have stayed there before and enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in the bridal suite which was a extra $70 on the romance special that they were running through the month of February. The room was pretty much clean but really needs to be updated with carpet and paint considering the ceiling had stains. I went to make coffee and realized i might wanna clean it. The washcloth i used was filthy afterwards. The whirlpool in the room was huge. Excited I filled the tub and found out that it didnt work, thinking that maybe I couldn't find the button we called the front desk. They came up and found the button which wasn't the button. I filled the tub up again and pushed the button and it still didnt work. Called the front desk again and they sent the maintenance man up AGAIN. He tried to reset it but that didnt work. Finally after they went and found the fuse box it worked. At this time it was 11:00 p.m. the night was pretty much over. So we got up early to have breakfast and were welcomed to a cold breakfast buffet, the ticket said hot buffet. The eggs were cold along with the potatoes, waffles and sausage. The chef was nice enough to make me an omelette and brought hot potatoes from the back. After experiencing these things my Valentine's day was pretty much ruined. I talked to the operations manager and she offered $40 off. Im thankful but really with all of these issues you think they would do more to make you rethink about returning to this property because I WILL NOT RETURN. They pretty much jus brushed the situation off especially about the food and the cleanliness. I shouldn't have to clean anything when Im paying my hard earned money to stay at your establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your unfortunate experiences at the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash. We are taking measures to make sure that similar situations to those you experienced do not happen again. Danny Hill - General Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is right off the freeway, so it isn't exactly scenic, but it is right in the main Blue Ash area so it is conveniently located to a lot of great restaurants and the mall and shopping area in Kenwood. Our room, king bed with a sofa, was spacious, and comfortable, and it was really surprisingly quiet. Kudos to the shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water - that was very much appeciated.

There were a few things about the room that could use updating. The window was rather drafty, so when the heat kicked off, it got a little chilly quickly, so we ended up keeping the thermostat little higher than we would have otherwise. The in room coffee pot worked well, but the lid to the water chamber was slightly warped from heat/steam, and the hinge was broken. The toilet had a poor quality plastic-y lid that would give way a bit if you sat on the closed lid, and the flushing mechanism was extremely loud and rough to use (kind of like flushing an airplane toilet, but not nearly as successful). The shower curtain was hung very high (because the room had wonderfully high ceilings), but as a result the liner barely lapped the edge of the tub, so it was hard to keep it in the tub (and avoid getting water on the floor). For the size of the king size bed, I would have preferred more and/or better pillows. And, as with many hotels, there simply were not enough accessible outlets in the room for people with cell phones, lap tops and other techno devices in need of recharging at night.

We had a weekend package that included the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Better to eat earlier in the breakfast hours than later, as some of hte food was not as hot later in the morning. I think they use powdered scrambled eggs, which were adequate, but better when served up to temperatuure. The fruit was quite fresh and flavorful, not an easy feat for February! The wait staff in the restaurant was attentive and quite friendly.

The hotel bar was nice enough and seemed decenlty populated with locals during a local college basketball game. Very collegial atmosphere.

All in all, this hotel provided a nice, relaxing place to get away for a couple of nights at a reasonable price (with the package) and enjoy the local restaurants and activiities.

Room Tip: There are inner rooms that have windows that overlook the inner atrium where the restaurant and pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We take these suggestions very seriously and use them to make the hotel a better place for our guests. Hope to see you again soon. Danny Hill-General Manager