“Nice hotel for price”
Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a family trip to Kings island and to see a Reds/Cards game downtown. Check in was not until 3 pm but we were allowed to check in early around 1:30 which worked out great! Hotel overall was great! Room was spacious and had updated flat screen tv and nice cable channels. Bathroom, however, is a different story. Very small, hardly any counter space at all, and it was dirty. The vent in the ceiling was completely covered with dust. There were pubic hairs in tub, on floor, and even attached to a towel.How does the housekeeping staff overlook the most important part of the room?
We did swim in the pool and it was great! Water was warm and clean.
The only other complaint we had was lack of sleep due to a family reunion or large group that was there staying as well. kids running up and down hallway all hours of the night and slamming the doors to their rooms. It was awful!! I complained at check out, but there really isn't anything apparently the hotel would have done.
Overall, the stay was good and if they get the bathrooms cleaned up..we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Danny H, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cinti Blue Ash. We are taking corrective action to make sure that our rooms get a better cleaning. Thank you for bring these deficiencies to our attention. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Regards - Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The rooms and hotel staff were excellent!! Looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for submitting your response to Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again when you return to the Cincinnati area. Danny Hill-General Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a huge fan of all things Crowne Plaza. I had my bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and following breakfast at a crowne plaza hotel. So you can imagine my excitement when our bottom dollar hotwire hotel ended up being a crowne plaza. We arrived late and where instantly greeted by the friendly staff. We are priority club members & even though we booked with a 3rd party, they gave us vouchers for free drinks in the lounge & dinner. The hotel itself looks a bit like an Embassy suites inside. It had an open atrium floor plan, with the pool, a bar & restaurant in the middle. The pool did have some privacy from the bar & restaurant which was nice. We had a room on the 2nd floor, finding it was a bit confusing. We had to go up the elevator and navigate around the halls. We followed the signs & ended up at a dead end. A very nice lady from housekeeping popped up from nowhere & directed us to our room. Appearantly we had to go down half a flight of stairs all the way at the other end of the hotel, because the floors don't line up. I would tell management that they need better signage & you need to have the front desk tell guests that you have half floors. Our room was a bit small but very comfortable and appointed well. HOWEVER, after we had gotten changed into pajamas & my husband was snoring away, I went in the bathroom. What I found was beyond nasty!!! The floor had NOT been cleaned. It was covered with pubic hair. Then I looked at the toilet, it also had pubic hair on it. I'm not just talking one either. The shower was dirty, even a towel hanging in the shower had a pubic hair on it. I woke my husband up , who refused to get out of bed get dressed & switch rooms. I was so mad I wanted to call the front desk and switch rooms myself. Needless to say I inspected the sheets very carefully and put socks on. I cleaned the toilet & floor with antibacterial gel & refused to use the shower. My question is how do you not notice the bathroom or think that it's okay to skip over cleaning it. Who is in charge of housekeeping? Why should your guests have to pack everything up & move to a different room at midnight? This truly is a very unique, lovely property. However, the disappointment that came with the lack of cleanliness should not be overlooked. Guests should not feel like they have to put on rubber gloves upon entering the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank shellerenee
Danny H, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Please accept my apologizes for the untidy conditions you found at our hotel. This is totally unacceptable and we appreciate your feedback. If possible, please e-mail me back with your room number so that I can address the situation with the correct associates. Thank you again, Danny Hill

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Blue Ash could stand to be updated; it reminds me of hotels I stayed at in the late 80s and early 90s. Nevertheless, it was clean and comfortable.

My girlfriend and I stayed in a king suite with another couple, which was only a $50 upgrade from the single room with two double beds we had originally booked. It turns out that a king suite is actually just two adjoining rooms with the connecting door taken out, one furnished as a living area and the other as a bedroom, but it was comfortably large enough for four people.

There's a bar in the lobby that's reasonably priced. The bartenders didn't seem very friendly to people who weren't flirting with them.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments concerning the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. We take your comments very seriously and use them to try and improve the hotel. Best regards - Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2012

While it is a convenient location, the place needs a good clean and paint. Pubic hairs in the bath tub indicate a lack of supervision on the part of housekeeping. Carpets are worn.

Stayed: April 2012
Danny H, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Please accpet my apologies for any cleanliness issues you may have experienced during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza. I will be working directly with our Exec. Housekeeper to make sure this does not happen again. The entire hotel was completely renovated and painted four (4) years ago. All guest room carpets were also replaced four (4) years ago and have been cleaned and maintained routinely. Guest room carpets in a hotel typically have a 5 to 7 year lifespan. Since the downturn in the economy, most hotels in greater Cincinnati have suffered a downturn in occupancy which results in less wear and tear due to reduced occupancy. I wish we had the occupancy that would warrant our capets being worn after four (4) years. Thank you for your comments.
Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed with basketball team for $99. Free drinks, free breakfast. Pool and a greT location to shopping and restaurants Not far from downtown either. Perfect for large groups.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dhavekost

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza. We frequently host large groups with similar responces. AVewry glad you enjoyed your use of our Food & Beverage services! Thank you for your comments and feedback, we look forward to hosting your group again soon!

Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here with a large sports team group over a weekend. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I've been to other hotels with sports groups where the staff would obviously rather not deal with you our your group - that was not the case here at all. The rooms were small, but very clean, and the beds were comfortable. We had a king room, and a rollaway bed, which left little room to maneuver, but on the plus side, there was no charge for the rollaway. The bartenders were friendly and the beer was cold, served in a frosted glass. Theres a Subway, Bob Evans, Japanese restaurant, and Shell station all right next door, and some other decent food options close by. It was a little pricey, but worked out well for our large group, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Danny H, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable to write a review of the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. Your comments are shared with all of our Associates. Regards - Danny Hill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash
Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Hotel? Share your experiences!