“Okay, nothing special”
Review of Rascals NY Deli - CLOSED

Rascals NY Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Disliked: plastic in the soup. Beginning to think their soup comes prepackage in plastic bags! Doesn't seem homemade. The latkes are always cold and hard, they are doing something wrong there!

Like: Green salads (e.g. Rascals salad) are really good.

2  Thank Cameliah

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Good chicken liver sandwich, and such. This is probably as close as a NY deli that you can find in Cincinnati. Put it is pricey. Two sandwiches, two teas $21.45. Typical tables and it tends to be cold inside, so wear a sweater.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not even close. My first choice, stuffed cabbage, was not available. That's a sin for a true NY deli, and also clues me in that their stuff was pre-prepared. soup was OK but the brisket was heavily salted and the potato pancakes were hard. A true deli makes pickles or sauerkraut available on the table; I had to ask. And what was presented as a pickle ( the mainstay of any deli)? Two old pre-cut soggy pickle slices. Yuck.

2  Thank Hammbrook
Reviewed October 1, 2012

During our travels my sister and I always look for Jewish deli's . We found a fantasitc deli when we went to Rascal's.
We enjoyed the food and the good conversation with the owner, Morris. We are very picky when it comes to Jewish deli's. Having grown up on Long Island we had the best places to choose from. From the first course to the last Rascal's won our rave reviews. The matzo ball soup was one of, if not the best we have ever eaten. The chopped liver was also yummy! Our sandwiches ( I ordered corned beef and my sister ordered pastrami) were lean and delicous! My sister, who by the way is a knish snob, rated her potatoe knish as the best she has ever eaten. For dessert we ordered the rugelah! Yummers!
In the end we decided to come up with a ranking score for our Rascal's experience. We give Rascal's 5 Matzo Balls! Thanks, Morris! Good mazel!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The corned beef had no flavor at all and the beef tongue was overcooked and mushy. The rye bread was very good.

1  Thank Steven G