“Met all expectations ”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy and room was clean, there was a used water bottle behind desk from previous guest that house keeping missed. Other than that no issues. Lobby nice and decent complimentary breakfast. Would stay again

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank midwestohio
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear midwestohio,

Thank you for this review. We apologize for what you found in this room. I have addressed the issue with my housekeeping staff. We hope to see you again. Best wishes!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed July 29, 2014

2day Kings Island trip with 4 kids and parents. Read a lot of reviews and did my research before booking. Only 10 min from the park. Staff was friendly, courteous and smiling. Breakfast was delicious, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, gravy, waffles, pancakes, cereal, juices, bagles and muffins... My family was happy and that saved me $40 at fast food! Beds, pillows were awesome, slept better than I do at home. Quiet! Had 2 beds and a pullout bed, so plenty of room for all... Not to mention microwave, frig and coffee. Will def stay again on our next trip to KI. Thank you! ~Mother of 5

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank motherof5kidsandadog
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Mother of 5,

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes!!

Blue Ash, OH 45242

Reviewed July 29, 2014

stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, 4 adults sharing 2 queen beds, rooms are fine and clean and also bathroom. Breakfast is standard like in all the other hotels.
Has an inside swimming pool and a laundry room for guests.
Internet sign was a bit weak.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mica1966

Dear Mica1966,

Thank you for this great review. We really value your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes!!

Blue Ash, 45242

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had to choose from a list of hotels from our employer and ended up here. It was a great experience from the start. We got in to town a little early and were allowed in our room despite being a little before check in. Common areas were clean. The room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast was very good. We were very impressed with the value. It is also relatively close to a few places to eat. There weren't many snacks in the vending machine. I was able to go for a nice run around the area. (We did not check out the gym or other areas) Will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Jen R,

Thank you so very much for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you chose us and that your stay was enjoyable. We can not wait to see you again! Best Wishes!!!

513.985.9035

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a long weekend trip to the Cincinnati area. This was a great place to stay. First and foremost to me, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was generally polite and friendly, and the wireless internet was okay. It did work for us, videos and photos were pretty slow to load. We did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The only problem we encountered was that they were a little short-staffed when we checked in, so check in was a bit slow. There was breakfast available each morning, but we didn't really eat it, so no comments there. We did appreciate the fresh fruit we were able to grab each morning, though! Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Lori M,

Thank you so much for your great review and recommendation. We are so very pleased that you had such a great experience. I sincerely apologize for the speed of our internet. We are in the process of switching our internet to fiber optics and look forward to this fixing the slow internet problems. We are also in the process of addressing the short staffed issue. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of this as well. We are glad you enjoyed the fresh fruit and just so you know for the next time we added apples and oranges to our fruit selection. We look forward to you staying with us again. Best Wishes!!!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stay in about 30 HIE hotels per year. This one is above average, is newer, and conveniently located with easy ingress egress. The room was spacious and had a fridge and microwave. I didn't hear my neighbors even though the hotel seemed full. Several nice restaurants including Firehouse Grill (sports bar/restaurant which I can recommend) are close by.

The tv was simple to use and had a good selection of channels. The bed was comfortable.

They are doing most everything right here and I felt like a welcome guest. Why not five stars? Why is this hotel ranked 14 out of 18 for Blue Ash? For starters, the breakfast was a little lacking. The hotel was busy on the Friday morning when I was trying to get breakfast. The area for breakfast is much too small for the number of guests which were there and I ended up getting food and taking it back to my room. The staff person was on the spot replenishing the food, but she had trouble keeping up.

In my room, I would recommend two things. Firstly, the internet service needs to be looked at. Many others have complained about this, and I also experienced problems trying to use the free internet. Connection was fine, but the speed was terrible. I was trying to facetime my family, and just access my email and experienced a lot of frustration. I tried in the lobby, I tried in the parking lot, but the internet didn't seem any better.

The second item in the room is the chair and work area. The sizes don't quite match and it was awkward trying to work as the chair, even on its highest setting would not quite come up high enough to match my elbow height on the desk.

I didn't use the hotel pool, but it looked like it was only a little bigger than a hot tub.

If the hotel can just fix the internet and figure a way to make the breakfast area better able to serve more customers, more efficiently, I think they could earn five stars from me.

I'll probably stay here again the next time I'm in town, and see what they've done.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear redwolf275,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. It is extremely helpful. We apologize for the internet speed. We believe we have pin pointed the issue with the internet. It seems to be fixed. We will continue to monitor it. We are looking into ways to help with the seating in the breakfast bar. Thank you again for the feed back. We look forward to seeing you again. Best Wishes.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The room was quiet and clean. I didn't hear anyone the entire stay. They had an ac unit that allows the fan to remain on so you can have white noise all night. The TV and workstation were nice. It has a mini fridge and microwave which is an added bonus. I luckily didn't have to do any work from my hotel room because the internet was painfully slow. Simple searches were difficult to do because the wait times were brutal. It reminded me if 56k dial up. Other than that this hotel was great. I would 100% stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear tab32,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the internet speed and the inconvenience this had caused. We have pin pointed the issue and the issue has been corrected. We hope to see again soon. Best Wishes!