“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Toledo, Ohio
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had to choose from a list of hotels from our employer and ended up here. It was a great experience from the start. We got in to town a little early and were allowed in our room despite being a little before check in. Common areas were clean. The room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast was very good. We were very impressed with the value. It is also relatively close to a few places to eat. There weren't many snacks in the vending machine. I was able to go for a nice run around the area. (We did not check out the gym or other areas) Will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Jen R,

Thank you so very much for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you chose us and that your stay was enjoyable. We can not wait to see you again! Best Wishes!!!

513.985.9035

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a long weekend trip to the Cincinnati area. This was a great place to stay. First and foremost to me, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was generally polite and friendly, and the wireless internet was okay. It did work for us, videos and photos were pretty slow to load. We did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The only problem we encountered was that they were a little short-staffed when we checked in, so check in was a bit slow. There was breakfast available each morning, but we didn't really eat it, so no comments there. We did appreciate the fresh fruit we were able to grab each morning, though! Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Lori M,

Thank you so much for your great review and recommendation. We are so very pleased that you had such a great experience. I sincerely apologize for the speed of our internet. We are in the process of switching our internet to fiber optics and look forward to this fixing the slow internet problems. We are also in the process of addressing the short staffed issue. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of this as well. We are glad you enjoyed the fresh fruit and just so you know for the next time we added apples and oranges to our fruit selection. We look forward to you staying with us again. Best Wishes!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stay in about 30 HIE hotels per year. This one is above average, is newer, and conveniently located with easy ingress egress. The room was spacious and had a fridge and microwave. I didn't hear my neighbors even though the hotel seemed full. Several nice restaurants including Firehouse Grill (sports bar/restaurant which I can recommend) are close by.

The tv was simple to use and had a good selection of channels. The bed was comfortable.

They are doing most everything right here and I felt like a welcome guest. Why not five stars? Why is this hotel ranked 14 out of 18 for Blue Ash? For starters, the breakfast was a little lacking. The hotel was busy on the Friday morning when I was trying to get breakfast. The area for breakfast is much too small for the number of guests which were there and I ended up getting food and taking it back to my room. The staff person was on the spot replenishing the food, but she had trouble keeping up.

In my room, I would recommend two things. Firstly, the internet service needs to be looked at. Many others have complained about this, and I also experienced problems trying to use the free internet. Connection was fine, but the speed was terrible. I was trying to facetime my family, and just access my email and experienced a lot of frustration. I tried in the lobby, I tried in the parking lot, but the internet didn't seem any better.

The second item in the room is the chair and work area. The sizes don't quite match and it was awkward trying to work as the chair, even on its highest setting would not quite come up high enough to match my elbow height on the desk.

I didn't use the hotel pool, but it looked like it was only a little bigger than a hot tub.

If the hotel can just fix the internet and figure a way to make the breakfast area better able to serve more customers, more efficiently, I think they could earn five stars from me.

I'll probably stay here again the next time I'm in town, and see what they've done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank copperdragon66
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear redwolf275,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. It is extremely helpful. We apologize for the internet speed. We believe we have pin pointed the issue with the internet. It seems to be fixed. We will continue to monitor it. We are looking into ways to help with the seating in the breakfast bar. Thank you again for the feed back. We look forward to seeing you again. Best Wishes.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The room was quiet and clean. I didn't hear anyone the entire stay. They had an ac unit that allows the fan to remain on so you can have white noise all night. The TV and workstation were nice. It has a mini fridge and microwave which is an added bonus. I luckily didn't have to do any work from my hotel room because the internet was painfully slow. Simple searches were difficult to do because the wait times were brutal. It reminded me if 56k dial up. Other than that this hotel was great. I would 100% stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear tab32,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the internet speed and the inconvenience this had caused. We have pin pointed the issue and the issue has been corrected. We hope to see again soon. Best Wishes!

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Close to Cincinnati this HIE has spacious suites and the location is very convenient to local industry and to a variety of dining. The Firehouse Grill located 2 minutes away is a sports bar with upscale menu and the food is delicious with a huge selection of beers.

Room Tip: The entire property is in a quiet location
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Jim594,

We thank you for your feedback. Thank you also for giving feedback on one of our local restaurants. We really enjoy hearing about great experiences at local places. It helps us give good advice to future guest.

Blue Ash
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed one night while visiting daughter in Cincinnati. Typical 2-queen bed room with work desk, flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, dresser, closet area, bathroom w/ sink, toilet, tub/shower. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Work desk height was too tall relative to height of office chair for using laptop comfortably. Mostly quiet, though could hear the usual clomping of feet in room above. Wall heat/AC unit with continuous fan (good for "white noise"). Wireless Internet was noticeably slow. Complimentary breakfast was typical for HIExpress; acceptable but not great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear RLNielsen,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive for great guest experiences! We hope to see you again soon! Best Wishes!!

Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hello, first of all I was here a couple of years ago, the only only reason I came back to sharonvilles location was because of these two:-) while we were here last time those two were extremely great in each and every way!!! I told them hope to see u two in2014 they were so friendly amber took the time to personally walk me and my mother who is elder to our vehicle, it was solo hot last time she made sure we were personally made comfortable!! So sorry u two moved on with location s, we really would of loved to see two people who worked so well together!!! Try finding you both and will always have two more guest wherever u two r!!!!!! Thanks amber w. And Abel m' have a blessed day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Genesis H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear amber_emily2006,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and our staff made such a great impression on you. We have made some changes in staffing. We hope our current staff has made a great impression as well. We all look forward to your return visit. Thank you so very much for sharing this feedback with us. Best Wishes!

The Holiday Inn Express, Sharonville Ohio management and Staff