“Great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Leavenworth, WA
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The complimentary breakfast is great and goes until 10 am, and the staff is friendly. The AC unit in our room was a little awry, but everything else was fine. I liked that the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. Bed comfort was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Youngstown, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our stay. We found our room to be very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was superb and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We Certainly would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others. In fact, we have already told several people about it. If we find ourselves in need of accommodations in this area again, we would definitely book this hotel. A pleasurable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Blue Ash, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in September, and hotel was full of stink bugs. We killed several in our room, including on the bed! The staff tried to resolve our problem by moving us to another room, but Hampton needs to invest in this property; hire an exterminator and seal windows, etc. Dozens of stink bugs in the hallways and stairways.

1 Thank Kenneth F
Akbar A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you found some stink buds during your stay with us. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider. We will do everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.
Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a pretty basic Hampton Inn. There is nothing to particularly recommend about the hotel and there is nothing particularly wrong with it. In every way it is a completely average Hampton Inn. As long as you're good with that, you won't have any issues with this hotel. Decent wireless internet. Decent breakfast. Room was clean and had a small microwave and refrigerator. Totally bland and colorless area. Hotel is a little hard to find as it is tucked behind two other hotels.

Canton, MI
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Pros: As with most all Hampton Inns, comfortable beds, clean, and decent WIFI. Restaurants were nearby in a pretty quiet area. Hooray - there was a Power outlet on the bedside table – finally a solution to my greatest travel pet peeve!! (see photo). I'm giving them the benefit of a 4 instead of a 3 on this alone.
Cons: Worst TV system I’ve ever tried to use in a hotel. It had a screwy quirk that had some channels with a dash in them like 18-2 …and when you tried to tune using the remote if you punched in 2 it would count as two 2s… with a dash after it. So trying to tune to channel 200 was impossible because you hit 2 and a 0 you would given 22-0 which didn’t exist. Desk clerk was just as confused as I was. Fridge was so load and clunking that I unplugged it. TV and desk were separated by the fridge/microwave stand so impossible to see the TV while working at the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I arrived at Hampton Inn Blue Ash Oh. Sat. 9/28. Greg, the front desk agent was very professional and helpful. Upon checking into the room, there were stink bugs in the room, which I could understand that these pests are out of the control of the Hotel. I took a shower and was standing in ankle deep water, because the tub was not draining. I also noticed someone had written a message on the mirror which appeared when the steam coated the mirror. Breakfast items were not replenished. I was trying to toast a bagel and the toaster kept popping the bagel up. I asked the attendant if something was wrong with the toaster and she just said she never used it. I went to the front desk and explained my concerns. Julie the front desk agent apologized. I started to walk away, and the asked for the 100% guarantee. She said because I was at the employee rate and paid cash, she could not do anything, I would have to call the Manager the next. day. This is not how the Hampton 100% guarantee works.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The room smell was very stale and musty. We tried to air it out but it did not work. It seemed to be coming from the vent as well.Poor signage at road which made locating exact spot a little difficult, even with GPS. The housekeeping young lady seemed to resent it when i asked for more shampoo after we were in the pool. The pool and jacuzzi was nice and enjoyable. Would like to have had a fresh nights rest without the odor.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself.

Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.