“Stink Bug Problem”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Blue Ash last month during a trip for business. After an exhausting travel day I check into my room and lay my luggage on the bed which apparently disturbed 3 stink bugs! I immediately take my bags and go back to the front desk and ask for another room. The staff was friendly, apologized and gave me another room right away that was stink bug free! The apology included the explanation that since it was a warmer than usual winter the stink bugs hadn't died out they way they normally do. Huh?? Ever hear of an exterminator??? Not going back there ever again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I understand from your review that you had some inconveniences while staying with us and more specifically that you found three stink bugs in your bathroom. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention and I can assure you that I have contacted our pest control provider to look into this issue. I can assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and hope you consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns and this is one of the nicer properties that I have been to in some time.
The property has been recently remodeled so the rooms have all of the newer "goodies" in them such as flat panels, USB charging stations, etc.
The property is located out in a commercial / industrial part of down so it is a little out of the way if you are looking for nightlife, etc.
There are a few dining options within walking distance but you will need a car if you want to visit any of the must hit joints in the Blue Ash / Montgomery area such as the Montgomery Inn or Blue Ash Chili.
I enjoyed my stay and will not hesitate to book here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is fairly small - at least in the common spaces. The lobby smelled like smoke when I first walked in, which isn't very appealing. The evening I arrived they were offering warm cookies and some fruit (although it didn't look very fresh).

My room was tiny. I had just come from another Hampton Inn about 2 hours south of Blue Ash and the layout was exactly the same, however this room was crammed full of furniture. The chair & ottoman was only a foot (if that) away from the bed. The TV stand, desk & fridge/microwave were barely 2 feet from the end of the bed. It would have been cramped with 2 people walking around. Everytime I walked by the foot of the bed, the dressers and TV shook - like the furniture was really flimsy and the floor was unstable.

The heater in my room didn't seem to work very well. The A/C was on when I got there and it was snowing outside. I had to crank the thermostat up to 78 in order to get the heat to come on and then, of course, I got too hot. Seemed odd that the A/C was on when it was under 20 degrees outside..maybe the thermostat wasn't working properly.

They offered free wi-fi, which worked really well.

The continental breakfast was nothing spectacular, but typical for Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We appreciate you taking your valuable time to fill out the survey for the Hampton Inn Blue Ash. Your comments help us serve you and all guest with improved practices. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you encountered during your stay. I am certainly going to address these issues with the appropriate department heads and ensure that this will not happen again. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to make your next stay successful at the Hampton Inn Blue Ash.

Please contact myself or any of our associates at 513-791-2822 if we can be of assistance at anytime.

Raj Shetty
Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Blue Ash
raj.shetty@hilton.com
513-791-2822

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have no complaints about the Hampton Inn. All the services are great! When traveling anyway and have to stay in a Hotel. Hampton Inn would be my choice. People is friendly...they aim to please you...I like that the most....and let's no forget about that morning breakfast...Great service!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times and it consistently exceeds my expectations. Outstanding staff and rooms are always clean. Grounds are well kept and you can tell the owner takes pride in this Hampton. A model all other Hampton Inns should follow!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This motel is typical of Hampton Inn -- very clean and comfortable beds/rooms. The staff was very accommodating and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. The fitness center had varying sizes of dumbells, which some Hampton Inns don't have, and it was nice to have an option besides the cardio machines. The breakfasts were good, although the eggs had sausage or bacon in them each morning. As a vegetarian, I would have preferred eggs with cheese, other Hampton Inns have. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay in a very clean and comfortable motel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love to stay with another brand while in Cincinnati.

However, the work was done and we wanted to just relax so we splurged and were not disappointed.

My girlfriend and I stopped by and we found a warm and cheerful staff and a hotel virtually vacant on a weekend night.

The staff were pleased to see us and helped us plan another visit...

Thanks HILTON!

Room Tip: If in the area this is a superior choice on the weekends.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple