“Overall very good experience with a few exceptions related to the breakfast staff.”

Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed January 22, 2013

During my 11 day stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, my overall experience was very good, with the exception of the breakfast staff. I found all staff to be courteous and helpful, again with the exception of the breakfast staff. I had to search them out on two of 3 occasions, just to pay and leave for the day. This is not a good way to start the day. It seems like a little thing, but as you can understand, business professionals are on a bit of a tight schedule, and slight delays are not preferred.The room was excellent and restful. The room was very clean and very fresh upon my return each evening. The room amenities are of high quality. I used the internet on a routine basis, and experienced no lost connections or failures.I did not utilize the spa or workout room, so I cannot comment on them. As I stay at the Hilton properties on a regular traveling basis, I can say without hesitation, that I would not change at this time. I will continue to be a loyal Hilton member. I will chalk this stay up as a little less than I have come to expect, but not negative enough for me to change my hotel preference.

Room Tip: I always try to stay away from the elevators and vending machines. Turn the ac/heater off at night s...

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food in the fridge from previous occupant and a tablet left in the corner of the bathroom.. makes you wonder what else they didnt clean :-( other areas were clean. The bar and restaurant staff were friendly.

1  Thank Losocal
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room had everything I needed, including a microwave & mini-fridge. Clean and pleasant. Hot tub & pool were nice, although the jets on one side of the hot tub were a bit too strong. Staff was helpful and efficient.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was on a low carb diet while there and they made sure to cook my breakfast and dinner to order. I needed several clean copies of a paper and they made sure to supply fresh ink for their printer in the Business Service room. I came back to the hotel after a very long business day and it was well after 11:00pm, meaning the pool and hot tub were closed, but the manager allowed me the use of the hot tub anyway so I could wind down. Every morning I was greeted with a smile, and every night another. The ONLY complaints are that the bar of soap they used was far too oily (I slipped in the tub and it took far too long to wash the film off without a towelette) and the wireless internet ran intermittently. Without those two, this was really a no-brainer. Also, I was so impressed that I when I had to leave for another state, I tracked down a Hilton Garden Inn there. Again, very impressed. I'll be using HHonors, regularly.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are really cozier than junior suite if you are traveling alone and do not need to ent...
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. We stayed in a king room with whirlpool. The rooms were reasonably spacious and clean. BUT NEVER ADVANCE PURCHASE WITH DEBIT CARD! After paying for my entire stay online to get a advance-payment special, I called a few days before our visit and confirmed our reservation and payment. No problems there. However, when I arrived to the hotel to check in, the front desk clerk told me she had no record of my payment and that sometimes when you pay with debit card there are "complications" and I would still need to provide payment for the room. The entire payment for the stay had been withdrawn from my account when I paid online, and she was still trying to run my card again. I tried explaining to her that it was a pre-paid stay and that I had already PAID for the room. She told me that I would have to call my bank in the morning and have them cancel that payment so that they could run my card at the desk and charge me for the stay since the advance payment was not showing up. Talk about complicated! She then charged my account an ADDITIONAL night. When I discovered this the next morning, I went down to the lobby and discussed it with the person at the desk. He had reviewed the issue and confirmed that our stay had been paid for in full online, and that she should not have charged me for the additional night, and that they had "released the funds" back to my bank account. However, this was a Saturday, so I was without a large chunk of my vacation budget for my weekend trip. It ended up being very complicated and stressful, and although it eventually was sorted out, it was not exactly the way I had planned to start my relaxing weekend getaway. Still waiting for my funds to be returned to my account, but I am hopeful that the situation will be resolved quickly. Based solely on the quality of the room and the hotel itself, I would stay here again, but beware if you are going to be paying in advance!

Room Tip: Room 228 King with Whirlpool was very comfortable and clean
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here two nights while attending a Bar Mitzvah. The hotel was very pleasant and clean. The one thing that was really noticable though, was that the staff seemed overwhelmed, like there was just too many guests! The people whose Bar Mitzvah we were attending had arranged a private breakfast for us in one of the banquet rooms on Saturday and Sunday. The breakfast was TERRIBLE! We all tried not to complain because we were all embarrased for the hosts of the event. The hotel knew the breakfast was terrible on Saturday, and guess what, we got the same TERRIBLE breakfast on Sunday. Go figure. All the hotel employees seemed to either be running around like crazy people, or doing nothing. It was kind of weird. The lobby is very attractive, and rooms had microwaves and fridges and were very nice. I wouldn't stay here again, because this is more money than we usually spend for a hotel room that doesn't include breakfast. The location to downtown was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I wanted a get away weekend. Very nice and clean hotel. The room was very clean and nice size with king bed. The breakfest was increadible very large portions and the french toast was to die for. The front desk staff were very helpful. Plenty of things to do in the area. This was a wonderful experiance and we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor there was no noise. We had a standard king size bed room and there was plenty...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple