“Made 7 week stay enjoyable”

Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed 7. I came to trip advisor to share my positive experience and was surprised to see some negative reviews.

Value: The room is not the ritz but neither is the price. The next nicer studio hotel $30 more. So for the money I paid per night it was very reasonable.

Clean/working: It was clean, very quiet, and functionable. My broken toaster was immediately replaced. The room was cleaned weekly and even the pet hair was gone. And they just got new laundry machines!

Friendly/Helpful: The staff were very friendly and personable. Each morning they would greet me. The housekeeping staff often asked me if I needed anything.

Surprisingly quiet and relaxing. If you are considering an extended stay, consider this place. I looked into cheaper options and would strongly recommend paying a little extra for HSS.

The breakfast is very basic but I knew that before I booked. I appreciated having drinks and cream cheese for my own bagels.

Great job Homestead. I'd stay again for sure.

Room Tip: I faced the ravine which was nice, and applebees was walking distance.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed a clean room, friendly service and a comfortable stay overall. We love knowing that your seven weeks with us made such a positive impression!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Im not going to sit and say for the price it was good. That would be a lie. The room my wife and I had was absolutely disgusting. The bath fan had 2" of dust build up on it and the air grille separating the bedroom and living room the same. The pull out couch/bed was disgusting as well. Dust balls and chunks of who knows what all over it. At 89.99 / night I feel like I had been robbed. The pictures were very misleading. Continental breakfast?? LOL. Not worth talking about. Not exaggerating one bit but I would not stay there again even if it were free. I forgot to mention the bugs. I did not complain to mngmnt as I just chalked it up as a bad experience and loss. Sad thing is others had complained / changed rooms while we were there so guessing it wasn't a fluke

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Plumb4god
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Cincinnati - Blue Ash. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I very much appreciate the opportunity to respond to your particular concern. The professional appearance of our staff is just as important as their professional attitude. We train our employees on how to present themselves appropriately, and I recognize that our training failed to prevent your experience. Such an incident is unacceptable and I have met with each member of my staff to coach them on our policies regarding their appearance.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here the evening of July 5th after a trip to Kings Island. My wife left an expensive hair straightener there and I called them Friday the 6th and asked them to please mail it to us and I would pay for it. A week later I have not received the straightener yet but I know it was sent via Fed Ex because they billed my card $39.00 to ship it! I have to use Fed Ex everyday so I am not sure how it was shipped but I was not expecting that at all. Live and learn I guess. For $39.00 I could have drove back over and got it myself!

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Homestead Studio Suites in Blue Ash, Ohio. Your stay was good but we want every guest to have a GREAT experience. I regret that the charges for the shipping of the item you left at the hotel was not communicated to you in a prompt and professional manner. Your experience been sent to the hotel so they can improve their service.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

First off the room was disgusting. The drawers had garbage in them and the refrigerator had food left in it from the last occupant. Rooms were very outdated and falling apart. The manager was rude and inconsiderate. I well never step foot in that hotel again. Don't stay there!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Isla12
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Cincinnati - Blue Ash. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I know the title probably raised your eyebrows as complete exaggeration, but it’s really true. My husband and I have stayed at much fancier hotels—even within the Blue Ash/Cincinnati area itself—and not received service half as good as what we experienced at Homestead Studio Suites.

My husband and I were in Cincinnati for an indefinite period of time in January 2012 because he was having a major knee surgery. We requested a few special accommodations because of the surgery, and the staff not only did everything they could to help, but they even called us twice between the time we reserved the room and the time we arrived (a period of about 7-12 days) to update us on the status of our requests, and they called again as we were driving up from NC to warn us of some potential bad weather. Post-surgery, the staff asked how my husband was doing on several occasions, provided immediate and effective assistance when some neighbors were breaking the no-smoking policy, and were generally wonderful. When we returned in February, March, and April for post-surgical check-ups and another surgery, they remembered us by name as soon as we called and gave us our preferred room and accommodations without question. During one of the visits, we had to check out unexpectedly early to go to the Emergency Room due to a surgical complication. The night-shift staff members were very sweet and helpful, and when the day-time staff found out what had happened, they emailed us to see if we were okay and if they could do anything to help.

As for the more nuts and bolts stuff, the rooms are not 5-star clean or fancy, but they were sufficiently clean (at least as clean as the big name hotel we had stayed at previously in Cincinnati), plus allowed us a kitchen with full fridge, microwave, and stovetop, all for about two-thirds to three-fourths of the price of hotels without these amenities. It’s not a fancy, frilly place, but it definitely gives guests the most bang for their buck, and the service—for us—was fantastic!

We will never stay anywhere except here when in Cincinnati!! We HIGHLY recommend it! Thank you, Homestead Studio Suites!! 

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori E
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to provide a “home away from home” experience for you. Homestead Studio Suites strives to provide great guest service and the best value in lodging; I'm thrilled to hear we delivered on that commitment. We hope to welcome you back again, and we hope your husband is doing well!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

If you are in need of an inexpensive place to stay for a longer term, this is worth considering. Many occupants are longer term extended stay. If you get a room you are not happy for, ask the front desk for something else. Free daily breakfast is minimal but it will provide a cup of coffee, bagel or cereal. If you have more money to spend and are more particular, then spend it somewhere else. Nice room setup. I made great use of the fridge, microwave and dishes. Old style TV's, not HD.

Room Tip: Don't room by the pool ground floor or next to or under the exercise toom.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Considering we got this place for $44 on Priceline for 2 night, this place was exactly what I expected for the price. First off, the pool was basic, but nice, clean and refreshing if you go in summer. The room itself was definitely dated but still adequately clean. I have stayed in a lot of extended stay type hotels and, in general, they don't seem to be quite as clean as a regular hotel would....but nothing glaring. More than being dirty or anything, I feel this property just need an updating badly. The carpet is obviously worn out, the furniture looks a little beat up, that sort of thing. The one thing that I couldn't figure out was the smell in the hallways...every time I went out in the hallway it had this weird smell of old cooked food which I couldn't figure out. Hallways were fairly dirty (carpet) as well. No problem with check in/out and the biggest plus is that they have obviously just put in new LG flat screen TVs in the rooms....one of the best TVs I have had in a hotel, actually. So, my recommendation is, if you can get this place cheap....take it, it was perfect for us to crash in after a long day at King's Island (which is about 15 minutes away)....if you are paying $60-70 or more for one of the basic one bed studio rooms....then you could probably find someplace nicer for that price.

Room Tip: Priceline...select 2 star, Blue Ash area for around $32-$40 (before priceline fees) and you may just...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family