“Almost home”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Bluffton, Indiana
“Almost home”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Only stayed 2 nights but would definitely try Residence Inn again. Walked in to a very clean, comfortable room. We were on the second floor on parking lot side so it was quiet, only bad part was walking up the stairs. Not so bad for us but our friends have trouble with the steps. Didn't realize the room included kitchen appliances, even had a dishwasher (not me). Sat on the patio in the evening with our friends and enjoyed wine and snacks even a fire in the firepit. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nicer than most hotels but the dining room wasn't very big. I had to walk around several table to get to the coffee because the chairs were so close together.

Room Tip: Might be noisy on pool side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
bangalore
Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a business traveler to Cincinnati, I booked this hotel as it was close to my work space. Nice, spacious, comfortable and homely. The breakfast served is really good, including the waffle and potato cakes. Rooms are nice. Only two things that may trouble some (not me of course), is you have to haul heavy suitcases on wooden stairs, and getting to the dining area would be a challenge in winter. Apart from that, it is really great to stay in a place so much comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Take care
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When you're traveling for business, the more home-like the setting, the better. This place gives you a real apartment, with a full kitchen, a terrific breakfast (best I've seen), an evening get together, a place to do your laundry, and an enormous apartment. Mine had two bedrooms, two baths, three TVs, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen. It was reasonably quiet, the beds were OK, and the place was spotless. The light switches are in odd places, but enough light and plenty of plugs in the right places. The wireless was very weak in the apartment, but it was fine in the lobby/breakfast room. You can buy something to eat for dinner in the lobby to heat up in your room, and you can get wine there as well. In all, a comfortable place to go to after a busy day at the many businesses in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be happy to know that we are adding wireless points in different areas of the hotel so the limited signal strength you experienced when you were here will no longer be an issue.

Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully we will see you again soon!
New Springfield
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was one of the best and most comfortable hotels I have ever stayed at. i enoyed my stay and it was very clean and the staff was absolutely a step above the standard that you are used to seeing. i would stay here again anytime I am in the area. i cannot truly think of anything bad or negative to stay. They were really on their ball the weekend I was there. When someone does good they should be recognized, and your staff and management deserve recognition for a ob well done.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We greatly appreciate the kind feedback. I will share this with the staff tomorrow in our daily meeting. They will all be happy to hear you had a great stay!!

Thanks so much and hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As a consultant to a client in the greater Cincinnati area, I spent nearly a full year staying 3 nights per week at the Residence Inn in Blue Ash, Ohio. Affectionately called "the Resi" by my team, we agree that the staff is superb, the facilities are surprisingly nice compared to other local hotels (I stayed at both the Courtyard and Embassy Suites nearby and neither compared to the Residence Inn), and the location is quite convenient to local businesses, restaurants, and main highways to take you into Cincinnati.

The rooms at the Resi feature a kitchenettes, an average bathroom with a large vanity, a bedroom area, and a sitting area complete with a reclining chair, a chaise lounge / couch, a coffee table, and a desk. There is plenty of room to spread out and the rooms are up to date and very clean. They recently updated their fitness center which now features 2 new treadmills and an elliptical. Additionally, the Resi serves an array of breakfast foods – both hot and continental – that are free to its guests on a daily basis.

Beyond the features of the hotel and its location are what makes it truly special – the staff. As such a long time guest, I felt very welcomed and looked after. Staff would save certain breakfast items for me when something ran low and they knew I had not yet grabbed breakfast; I could keep a bag at the desk over the weekends to lighten my weekly travel load; and someone was always available to help me lug groceries or an extra bag up to my room upon check-in. What’s more, the staff is so responsive – I kept suggesting that the Resi implement a recycling program. Within a few months, recycling receptacles were placed in the main building and each room was given a green bag to dispose of plastic bottles, cans, and the like. I really appreciated their attentiveness and consideration to something that is important to me, especially when I’m traveling and need to buy disposable items that I would otherwise avoid.

Overall, this is a great property that deserves a top ranking in the Blue Ash area. I will certainly return if business takes me back there and I’d recommend it to both business and leisure travelers as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I can't thank you enough for such wonderful comments. We take suggestions from our guests seriously and you had some great ones that I'm sure many shared with you. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Cincinnati as we would love to take care of you again.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We selected this property for a great getaway weekend. This is one of the Residence Inn properties which is older, but has been updated,
Great room, A king room was selected.
Great soundproofing. When we were first assigned a room in the front building and nearest the street, I was concerned about road noise... but those concerns were unfounded as the room was quiet!
Comfortable beds, good linens and extra blankets.
Sink area was great,
All appliances were newer, clean and in great shape. All are full sized.
If I was forced to pick ONE negative, I would say it would be the shower head. I realize that they all have to be 'water-saver', but this one lacks the 'oomph', as compared to other Residence Inn properties I have stayed in. Don't get me wrong, it is ADEQUATE, and up to Marriott quality.
Breakfast selections were GREAT.
Check-in was FAST, checkout was FAST also.
Plenty of restaurants in the area! Good choices within 3 mi,
Also, we stayed on a weekend, Th-Sun. A regular business day experience may be different,
but ours was GREAT.
All in all a GREAT getaway weekend!!

Room Tip: Even the front units, nearest the street were quiet,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xzr1tv
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are very happy to hear you had a great stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I love Marriott Rooms, the beds are awesome, they are always clean. If you need to stay somewhere for a few days, then the Residence Inn fits the bill....kitchen (even a bag a microwave popcorn, a small sofa so you can relax BEFORE climbing into the great bed. Plus they have an event in the breakfast room each night with snacks and cocktails. The staff at this hotel were extremely nice and accommodating!

Room Tip: All rooms are in small little groupings, it is far enough from the highway that there is no noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business