“What a renovation”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 10 months ago when I relocated to the Cincinnati area. I had family come visit me and there was not enough room at home, so I decided to cash in some of my Wyndham reward points and get a room for my parents and one for myself.
This hotel is finishing up the last of the renovations that they had mentioned on my prior 60 day stay last November. I was absolutely taken back on what a transformation that this hotel has gone through. The rooms look completely different, the front desk/lobby area as well as a new breakfast room and library/business center. The only thing that was still the same was the fantastic staff that welcomed me back with open arms. Thank you again for such an awesome stay! My father loved the fact that he could Grill out a steak and unwind in the Gazebo, and mother loved the fact she could relax and knit.. Thanks again Hawthorn Cincinnati Blue Ash you absolutely rock! Congrats on a brand new hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Megan O, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

It is with great pleasure that we read your review of our hotel.We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The renovations have truly made our hotel something. The extras....complimentary breakfast and laundry, fitness center, and the grills at the gazebo are part of what make us special. The staff really enjoys helping guests in any way that will make their stay more at ease and comfortable. We hope there will be another opportunity for you to spend time at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our special "home away from home".

Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

they are currently remodeling. so i can't rate the lobby nor the breakfast. But the remodeled room was great. Also, they needed to grout the elevator. I explained that my husband uses a walker and absolutely needed the elevator. We just let her know when we were leaving for several hours and they had it done before we got back. so no inconvenience whatsoever. very nice hotel. this was our first visit so i'll be eager to see it when it is completely done. <Note: I am employed by one of the Wyndham Corporation companies. But not by Hawthorn Suites.>

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Megan O, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with our hotel during your Visit to Cincinnati. We really appreciate your patience during the recent changes, including renovations, and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our staff is always striving to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Megan O, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The location is inconvenient and out of the way. The service was absolutely horrible. Our rooms were not cleaned on any of our nights stay and we had to go to the front desk (which was never manned by an employee) to get clean towels each day. Breakfast was juice and a candy snack.

Room Tip: My tip would be to stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank charles c

Thank you for taking the time to tel uis about your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites in Blue Ash. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at our hotel while you were in town. We are a hotel "tucked away" in a quiet area in the city of Blue Ash. Many of our guests are long term, and enjoy the off the main road location.
As a limited hotel, we operate on a small but efficient staff who are responsible for many tasks during the day. Obviously taking care of our guests is our first priority, but that seemed not to be the case of your visit. Again, I apologize that my staff did not go above and beyond to see to it that your needs were met. On occasion, housekeeping is on the weekends, but service is upon request only, but are able and willing to provide with any additional towels, blankets, coffee, etc that may be needed.
Our breakfast is considered a "grab n go" due to not having a kitchen to be able to serve a hot breakfast. Once renovations are complete, we look forward to serving a complete hot breakfast to our guests.
I would very much appreciatre the oppurtunity to discuss your stay at our hotel. Feel free to contact me at 513-733-0100 or motto@wyndham.com.
Once again, thank you for you feedback. I consider this an opportunity for the hotel to grow.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stay in Whyndum Hotels for all my travels and this was the best by far. Check was smooth, and the hotle is so clean. Perfect quiet area, although I had some minor trouble finding the hotel. The nights I stayed was very quiet. Rooms are spacious, comes with equipped appliances, and clean. I would definately reccommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: First floor room is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Megan O, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation for our hotel. We enjoy providing very clean hotel rooms for all our guests. We look forward to you returning to the hotel when you are in the Cincinnati area again.

A Wyndham traveler