“Simple, Good Value”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Good value. Located in business park - safe, quiet, not much to do nearby other than 1-2 restaurants a short drive away. Friendly check-in staff. In-room fridge was convenient but loud - had to unplug to fall asleep. 'Breakfast' consists of only juice and granola bars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
David C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. We were converted to a Hawthorn Suites and do not have have a breakfast area/kitchen. We are going to be under renovation in the next few months. Once renovation is completed, we will be serving a hot breakfast. If you are ever in the area again, we would like for you to give us another try to make it right. Please contact us directly. 513-733-0100 .

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash

A TripAdvisor Member
DAYTON
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Out of the way location. Staff friendly but frequently not at the front desk. Also did not know hours of "breakfast". It wasn't available when we checked out. Soaps where not wrapped. No fan in bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had booked this room to go to a reds game and get bonus points from Wyndham. I did not realize it was like a residence inn. it was off the beaten path some. the room was ok. I didn't need a stove or fridge. There was no daily service available. No breakfast available. The T.V. was very old and made the room look cheap. wi-fi went out the second day for awhile. i don't think it was the hotel's fault, but added to the overall blandness of the hotel. I would not stay again. i had hoped for more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is a good solid, no frills reasonably priced property. Decor a little plain, but I think that is acceptable for price point.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not enough counter space and very awkward kitchen layout. Should provide brooms in rooms as you cannot pick up any things that you spill on the floor. Room service did not provide new soap, dish soap, and shampoo which led to more inconveniences. Also, for a once a week room service, I feel I didn't get enough towels, especially for cleaning the counter.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
David C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I sincerely apologize for your experiences while here at our hotel. The idea that you presented about having a broom in the rooms for the hardwood kitchen floors is something that we have not talked about previously, but it is something that we will look into! I am not sure why housekeeping did not replenish the soaps and shampoo in your rooms during your cleaning days, but I will certainly review this right away with our housekeeping team as this should not have happened. Again, I apologize for your inconveniences during your stay, and I hope that if you are ever back in the area, you will give us another opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed at this property on 8/8/12 for one night. In our party, we had 3 rooms. rooms were clean and had basic necessities. neighborhood is light industrial and was quieton the weekend. Bed was comfortable. Pictures on our reservation implied this was a 2 room suite, but it is a one room studio with a kitchen, desk area and sleeping area and a bathroom. Internet is included. Kitchen was very satisfactory with a full size refrigerator, stove top and micro wave and a dishwasher. There is no ice machine in the hotel, but each room has an ice maker in the freezer, but you need to turn it on upon arrival. overall, we were satisfied with this reasonably priced, basic hotel. front desk personnel were helpful.

Room Tip: Turn the icemaker on upon arrival.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my fourth property in a week. It took that many tries to find a reasonably priced room that was clean and fresh smelling. If I have the chance I will stay here again! Clean, quiet, a little far south for my liking, but not in a touristy part of town, which I like. The room was on the first floor (which I like), clean, frig was nice, cook top, but no oven. Probably good, as it cuts down the smoke and odor in the room. In this extended stay you do not get housekeeping everyday, but I could care less. All I wanted was a clean room with no mystery or cigarette smell and I am all good. You even get a free bag of microwave popcorn! Walmart is close so you can get what you need if staying for an extended period. The desk staff was excellent! They helped me resolve a mis-booking and changed my reservation to the correct dates. They have a laundry, small area for incedentals/food items, fitness room and both wifi and wired internet.

Room Tip: I like the first floor! No parking in the front, so something close to one of the back entrances is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!