“Disappointing”

TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had stayed at this hotel several years ago and all was fine but this time not up to par. Coffee cups in the rooms kitchenette was filthy, bathroom sink looked as if it had not been cleaned since last guest stay and was never cleaned during our four night stay. Coffee was never replenished even after complaints made to front desk about this and the dirty sink and cups.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon S
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts - we truly appreciate your candid feedback from your most recent stay. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expatiations during your visit. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed by management and will be discussed with our staff immediately. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. Again, thank you for taking your time to share feedback with us.

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We cannot thank Michelle Winfrey enough for all she did to assist us in securing a room for the evening. She is a fine example of true customer service. Atta girl Michelle! She spent quite a bit of time straightening out our reservation. She then was able to answer all of our questions. I hope we encounter a Michelle clone at all Marriott properties in the future.
Again, thank you immensely Michelle!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thanks so much for your sharing your thoughtful feedback about Michelle! Michelle is a great asset to our front desk and will be delighted to read your response. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Again, thanks so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you through the Blue Ash area!.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here 2 times about a month apart, and it was nice both times. Room looks great, love the kitchen, bed was comfy. My daughter slept on the pull out, and although it wasn't the most comfortable (are they ever THAT comfortable?), it was clean. The second time we stayed there were no sheets for the pull out in the room, so I had to trek to the office in the other building at 8pm for linens. Also during the second stay, pulling back the comforter cover revealed a dirty comforter underneath. It had both old AND new stains (I wont go into details), and it obviously had not been washed...which grossed me out. I didn't discover this until the morning we left, which gave me the willies thinking I had slept under it 2 nights...yuck. I took it to the front desk and they sent me an email offering me Marriott points. I really wasn't impressed with that offer, but it was nice that they offered me anything.

I will say that both times, I had trouble getting the key card to work in the exterior doors. That was frustrating when we had to walk the length of the building to use a door that worked.

The front desk staff was amazing, super nice and helpful, and breakfast was decent. Even with the comforter issue, I would stay here again...but I would check the bed linens first!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks so very much for taking time to share your feedback with us. I understand you had some issues with your room during your most recent visit. Thanks so much for sharing the frustration you encountered with your key. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

On behalf of the TownePlace Suites, we thank you for your candid feedback. I will pass along your kind comments to our front desk staff and let them know they helped to make your stay memorable.

The next time your travels bring your through Blue Ash, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I travel frequently for work and in fact stayed at a Marriott Towne Place Suites just last week in Tampa, and it was lovely in all regards. Although the staff was very helpful and friendly, I would not stay here at the Towne Place Suites in Blue Ash OH again because some of the facilities are not well maintained and clean. I'm only here for 1 night and need to leave at 5:00am so I'm dealing with it and in their defense, I did not complain because I'm too tired; I need to go to sleep early - don't want to waste time changing rooms or dealing maintenance people in my room tonight. Here are the issues:

- Bathroom tub faucet drips
- Black bathroom mold in tub
- Brown streaks in toilet bowl
- Corrosion on the air conditioner

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jmbklj
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I appreciate your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you had some issues with your room upon your late arrival. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the TownePlace Suites, we thank you for your candid feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience during your visit. If you would like to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. We would love the chance to have you with us again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Utilized the studio size room and it had all of the amenities one could want. Room was very clean and the staff was even more excellent! Staff was friendly, professional, and very welcoming. It's hard to find great customer service like you get at this hotel anymore - certainly worth every penny! They went beyond the call of duty to fulfill all of our needs. Thanks so much Michelle (the AWESOME front desk attendant) - we'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building were close to the outdoor pool, continental breakfast, and front desk. Th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such great feedback! I will pass along your feedback to Michelle, I am sure she will be delighted. I will surely pass your feedback along to our staff, the next time your travels bring you through Blue Ash we look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Towneplace Suites is an older property, and could use some sprucing up in the common areas. The doors slam, which is really annoying. They were repaving the parking lot while i was there. Pretty inconvenient, but I suppose there is no good way to accomplish the task when you're always open. The breakfast bar lacks hot food. The rooms are laid out nicely. Big screen TV with lots of channels. The beds are comfy. Maid service is not great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your review. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us wasn't what you had hoped for. At TownePlace Suites, our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations and to make their stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

You are absolutely correct, the parking lot project was a little inconvenient. We tried our best to give our guests plenty of notice as we are making changes to better our hotel. We sure appreciate your understanding in our project!

We greatly value your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Blue Ash.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was annoyed by some of the reviews I read before placing my experience, thus I suppose some places will have mishaps. I have stayed in hotels all over the United States and Caribbean Islands, as some staff are courteous & kind when they wish to be. I found the front desk staff (Crystal & Michelle) & operations manager (Shawn Hobson) to be over & beyond exceptional every single day all day regardless of their current task at hand. They stopped at the drop of a hat to assist in anyway they could without question. It was the best service I've every witnessed in a hotel setting. Their names came up in general conversation with other guests throughout the hotel while lounging around the pool or smoking area. That's how you know you're experiencing greatness, when people you don't know just strike up conversation about the hotel staff. Mr. Hobson should be considered as a General & Operational Manager for the way he runs his staff. He should have the opportunity to spread his uniqueness throughout other Marriott branches. I traveled with two teenage girls for shopping & last hoorah before school starts. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was quite neat & clean. The kitchen was a great plus. We were able to get to every where we wanted to experience within 20 minutes or less. That was fabulous for being in a different state.

Room Tip: unfortunately, I have no tips, we asked for what we wanted and received without complications or dis...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such great feedback! I will pass on this review to our front desk team, and tell them to keep up the great work. We hope to see you the next time your travel plans bring you to Blue Ash.