“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Graystone Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berlin
Graystone Cottages
Ranked #2 of 10 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2009

The bed & breakfast was very relaxing. When we arrived in our room it was very clean and cozy. My husband and I were very pleased with the choise we had made to stay at Graystone Cottages. We will return in the future!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2009

Okay, so although I'm not as intrigued with the Amish as others, this is now my second time at Graystone! The first time I was spending a gift certificate that I received. The second trip I made was because they won me over completely!

It was a short trip for me (2 hours), easy to get to and in the middle of this darling community of Berlin. Everything about the cottage is just so comfortable, but with every ammenity you would want. Their website is easy to navigate, reservations simple, and love the idea of a code to enter your room.

Graystone Cottages are a delight, and I would refer them to anyone - wonderful pricing, too. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed in Lofty Places, the 2 bedroom unit. It is located in a prime spot in Berlin, OH and very clean. They have a jacuzzi in the living room which I don't quiet understand in a 2 bedroom unit.....

Reviewed October 29, 2009

This year, experiencing the fall colors that flood the rolling hills of Ohio's Holmes County got easier and even more rewarding, thanks to this relatively new group of cottages. Located in the heart of Amish Country in downtown Berlin, each of these spaces is like a miniature home away from home, with a kitchenette, TVs, full bath and even a separate candlelit Jacuzzi. And you can sit on a covered front porch or walk a block to Main Street with all its unique shops and Amish food stores.

Our first morning, we opened the blinds by our breakfast table to see a horse looking back at us just ten feet away, tethered to a hitching post and pulling a buggy. She was joined by three other horse-and-buggy combos soon after, as their owners left to shop in nearby bulk food stores. Quite an experience.

We signed up for a steak-potatoes-veggies dinner one evening, and I grilled two prepared rib-eyes on an electric grill on the front porch. Although the marinate was too salty for our tastes, the overall dining experience was a comfortable combination of "homey" and "get-away," all in one... which kind of sums up our stay in this cottage as well.

You can find more affordable October accommodations in colorful Amish country. But if you want a separate home base conveniently located near the shops, museums, forests and people of Holmes County, these Graystone Cottages are a perfect choice. For sure, we'll be staying there again sometime soon.

1  Thank hoggwriter00
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed in the Lofty Places Cottage which was right on the street, it was perfect! All the shopping in Berlin, Ohio was just a door down to the main street which was jam packed with beautiful quaint shops of all kinds, all within walking distance!! This was great so our family could split up and go to different shops if needed and could meet back at the cottage at anytime, and we didn't have to fight to find a parking spot. No shops are open on Sundays and the majority close at 5:00 p.m. every evening, but it didn't put a damper on our adventure...check out is at 11:00 a.m. which allowed us time to sleep in or go to Church, which was right on the corner, then explore the breath-taking adjacent towns and countryside. Although we were right on the street, the cottage was extremely quiet and peaceful. Woke to the Amish horse and buggies on Sunday morning going to Church, but it was a pleasant sound, not loud, just could faintly hear them enough to know what it was and it bring a smile to your face. The cottage was immaculately clean and beautifully decorated with a gas fire place for warmth as well as ambiance! Did I mention that the cinnamon rolls were awesome! Will I stay at Graystone Cottages again? Most definitely!! I'm already looking forward to it!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank StayFocused
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We really enjoyed our getaway. The cottage is centrally located to all the shopping. If you enjoy hiking the mohican state park is not far away and had some good easy trails. Be sure to eat at the numerous amish restaurants, check out the local wineries and chocolate shop. The cottage was clean, cozy and comfortable. We will return and recommend to friends who are looking for a simple time away.

1  Thank clevelandbiffOrd
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Nice big cottages with a great location right in the middle of Berlin. Great breakfests every morning. I like that the cottages are a really nice place to sit back and enjoy a slower way of life. Nice place to relax after a long day of shopping. The only that I didn't like was having to leave.

1  Thank dkkemper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Resort
Berlin Grande Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to Graystone Cottages? Share your experiences!