“We Loved the Coblentz Country Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berlin
Coblentz Country Cabins
Columbus
“We Loved the Coblentz Country Cabins”
Reviewed August 6, 2007

What a wonderful experience for my wife and I to spend our 22nd anniversary! Very clean and spacious log cabin rooms. The service was top notch: from our reservations to our housekeeper. We spent most of our stay enjoying the jaccuzzi and reading on the hickory rockers. This was our first time staying at the Coblentz Country but definately not our last. We would recommend this place very highly.

• Liked — The Log Cabin Comfort and setting
  • Disliked — That we couldnt stay longer
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed March 17, 2006

the cabins are a great place to get away from the craziness of everyday of life. they now have dvd and vcr players. the place was spotless when we got there. the surrounding area is very beautiful.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2005

the cabin layout (blue jay's nest) is beautiful as well as the wood work, but it is very expensive so you expect it to be clean. The freezer was filthy, and the frige was very small and not so clean. Also, why not update to a dvd player, who still has only vhs? The bathroom appeared clean but when you shower and it gets steamy, there is a stinch of urine. We had a nice time all in all and the jacuzzi was great but the cleaning crews needs a talking to. D.M. Akron,Ohio

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2005

my girlfriend and i stayed @ bluejays nest in Feb. 2005, and the jacuzzi-tub was really gross! i can't believe they actually paid someone to clean that, i would think they would spend extra time on the jacuzzi, because think of all the nasty *$%* that goes on in those tubs, come on guys give me a break, i know the amish are simple, but you need to purchase some cleaning supplies, or make them or something, you know you guys do run a cabin rental company. what the heck!!!!!! daaaaah!! have some pride

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2005

My girlfriends and I stayed in the Hawk's Nest unit for the weekend and had a great time. The unit was nicely decorated, clean, a good size and very comfortable. We had a little trouble getting in the door because we were given the wrong code, but when we called for help, the gentleman who answered the phone was prompt and pleasant, and he waited on the phone to make sure we could get into the unit. We didn't use the jacuzzi because it was in the middle of the room with no privacy and that was a little disappointing. On Saturday evening, it snowed pretty heavily. A gentleman was out shoveling the street so we could have an easier time getting in. He also came early in the morning and shoveled again so we wouldn't have any problems getting out. Although there were people staying in the unit next door, we never heard a sound. It was fun to see many horse and buggies go by on the street right outside the big picture window. We are already talking about when we can come back to rent the entire cabin with our families.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2004

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary in November, 2004. We booked the Blue Jay's Nest, the most expensive cabin they had. When we arrived (on a Sunday when the place was VERY quiet!), we walked into our room that still had crumbs on the carpet, towels on the bathroom and jacuzzi floor, and unmade beds from the people before us. Checkout for those people was at 11 AM, and we did not arrive until 4:30. When we called the owner to tell him, we were told that the cleaning people "must have missed our cabin when they did the others". The cleaning staff showed up about 30 minutes later, and let us into the cabin next door to relax, wash up and watch TV while they cleaned our room. Imagine - the room next door wasn't clean either, so my husband and I spent the first 2 hours standing inside the doorway doing nothing, no TV, no restroom, nothing.

After the cleaning people left, we noticed that the sheets on only 1 of the 2 beds had been changed. The bed had been made to cover it. I called the owner back to ask about compensation for our time, and was told that we could check out late the next day, but no money would be refunded.

The rest of the stay was decent. The freezer compartment door in the fridge was broken, so that everytime you opened the fridge, the freezer door crashed down on you. The jacuzzi and pool table were definitely worth the stay - but not the price.

I am glad we stayed here so we can say we did, but will not do it again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2004

My husband and I went to the Amish Country for a couple of days to get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives and to celebrate our first year anniversary. The cabin was nice inside but in the middle of a housing developement and not very private. We could hear people under us from another cabin playing with the pool table. The most distugisting part was the jazuzzi tub. I would think that staying in a private cabin verses a hotel like Best Western that the jacuzzi tub would be cleaner. That most certaintly was not the case. I had to spend my money to go to a grocery store and buy some cleaning supplies and a scrubber to clean the jacuzzi tub. Definitly not what I wanted to do on my anniversary. Plus you are supposed to call 24 hours in advance to get the pass code for the cabin. I accidently failed to do this and boy did I pay for it. When I called and asked the staff for the code they were very rude and not helpful at all! So needless to say staying at Coblentz Country Cabins was not an ideal trip for my husband and I.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
berlininnkeeper, General Manager at Coblentz Country Cabins, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for your review. Although you stayed quite some time ago, I still wanted to post a response to your stay. We have made so many different and vast improvements with our cabins in the last several years since you have stayed. We have replaced all the jacuzzis with brand new models. We have more staff in place in regard to housekeeping which is a top priority. We are now here 24 hours a day to provide customer service. If you have not considered staying with us since 2004 we would invite you to try our cabins again. Thank you again for being a past guest of ours. We used your review to help us get better as a property.

Jared Coblentz
Coblentz Country Cabins
1-877-99-SLEEP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Resort
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Holmes with a View
Holmes with a View
#4 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Coblentz Country Cabins? Share your experiences!