“Excellent - Again!”

Berlin Grande Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 6, 2014

It had been two years since we visited Berlin - Amish Country. Stayed at our favorite hotel - again. Staff was so helpful. Breakfast was fresh, settings was very pleasing. High chairs for little ones. Coffee, tea and fruit was available throughout the day. Cookies at night. Yummy. Room was first class - with one exception. The water pressure in the shower is "soft" flowing. Beds are always extremely comfortable. Our room was very clean. Will stay again in a few months.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank penny412
BGH_Social_Media, Front Office Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to daily meet customers expectation and provide excellent care to our guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

With great expectation we arrived at 4:30 pm on a Thursday to find our room not ready. Once it was, it was not on the floor or the side we requested. Pool was closed and once reopened was cold. Hot tub broken and cold throughout stay. Showers were cold as well. It was a very disappointing three days with so many issues and a loud convention taking place at the same time.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Rkrohn

Dear MimiStarr,
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been. Thank you for your recommendation and positive feedback also. We continue to strive for excellence and ways to make everyone's stay better.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Actually found a great Hotel that serves a complete breakfast..Amazing huh. Great staff.
Will stay there again..Close to shops and Flea markets. In the Heart of Berlin Ohio.
Restaurants galore. Shop till your Hearts content..

Room Tip: Was on the third floor. Quiet area..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary H

Hello,
Thank you so much for your response. It is always encouraging to hear that we have met and exceeded our guest expectations. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at a variety of places in OAC. Berlin Grande is one we've stayed at a few times. We've always had a positive experience. The staff is friendly, the breakfast buffet has a variety to choose from, and the convenience of walking to the town of Berlin is a plus. We've always had a balcony room but this time we opted for the ground floor with a patio. My husband loved the convenience of this! I thought it was nice, but I agree with other reviewers about some noise. However, it got quiet by 11:00 and I was able to sleep in until 8:00. No matter how nice the hotel, if you get bad neighbors above you or next to you....you'll not be happy. All in all, a very nice hotel. I do think the modern decor is out of place in the little town of Berlin (country atmosphere). But nice to have the pool and the little niceties this hotel offers.

Room Tip: The west side gets the full sun in the late afternoon/evening. If you want to sit outside after a d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie C

Dear Debbie C,
Thank you for your response to us. We strive daily to meet our guest expectations. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Berlin at this location. We are very frequent visitors to the area as we are building on a property close by. We are well acquainted with choosing nicer properties and this one came highly recommended by a local vendor. The location is wonderful...just off Route 62 in Berlin. Access is easy in and out and a nice big dining place is right next door. Lobby is warm and inviting and we loved the great fireplaces there with comfy sofas nearby to rest and relax. We noticed many families taking advantage of this. Hotel staff were generally very polite and helpful. A well stocked little "store" off the main desk was lovely for quick grabs. The breakfasts were pretty basic with all the usual items found in Amish Country hotels. Our room was comfortable and quiet, only because we were located on the top floor. We did notice though that anyone walking in the halls, on the steps or in their rooms was quite audible. The floors and walls seemed very thin. The hotel appeared quite full and there were many children running through the halls, up and down the stairs off the lobby and making quite a racket in their rooms. This is NOT a place for peace and quiet. We love children (we have 6 of our own), however, this was not quite as relaxing as one might have hoped. The pool area was very small and very crowded. The hottub was even smaller and placed back in a corner where the air doesn't circulate well and the water splashes over the sides continuously when the jets are on. All in all, a great location, a very comfortable room, a nice breakfast all at a good price. We will not likely stay here again as it just wasn't our "cup of tea", but this is a wonderful spot for traveling families.

Room Tip: Higher floor will have much less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MimiStarr

Hello,
Thank you so much for your feedback to us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We continually strive for improvement and great guest experiences.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have to say checking in was a breeze and the girl at the front desk was very friendly and easy to talk to.
My sister and I come to Amish country twice a year and we so look forward to this "girls only" trip. We enjoyed walking to the restaurant adjacent to the property and enjoyed swimming in the pool and getting in the hot tub.
The beds were very comfortable, but we had a great deal of trouble trying to sleep, it was so noisy!!! We were so disappointed, because we LOVED everything else about this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hall and on the 4th floor. we were on the 3rd floor and it was s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SUSAN F
BGH_Social_Media, General Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hello Susan,

Thank you so much for your taking the time to share your experience, I am glad that you chose us again this year, but very sorry that you could not rest well. I am thoroughly sorry about the experience here this time and I would love the opportunity to speak to you and see what I can do to make your next trip here to Amish Country more pleasurable. Please contact me directly here at the property at 330-403-3050. Thank you! Darlene Mayes

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were so excited to get away and stay here. It is very modern and clean. However, the noise level was insane. I could hear everything the people were doing above us including walking, opening the fridge and microwave, the TV, etc. I didn't sleep a wink since they were up late the night before and then got up again at 6:30am. I am so displeased with the fact that you can't even sleep or relax here that we'll never be back and won't be recommending it to anyone else.l

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NDD817
BGH_Social_Media, General Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear NDD817,

I am so very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable time with us, we certainly want to make this a better experience for you. If you would contact me directly at the property and I would be happy to discuss a resolution for you.

It is always difficult to know when noise levels are unbearable and so hard to resolve, we would have been very happy to move you to another area of the hotel without question. So please allow us the opportunity to rectify this for you and contact me at 330-403-3050.

Again, I am deeply sorry and I hope to speak to you soon.

Darlene Mayes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Resort
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Berlin Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!