“A wonderful surprise ... we really loved our short stay!”

Berlin Grande Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked our reservation based on other reviews, and we were arriving late, so when our GPS couldn't find the location of this hotel we started to worry ... however, that was not a necessary reaction at all, because once we found this beautiful hotel, our experience just got better and better!!!
Great customer service, everyone was so friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The rooms were clean, spacious, loved the balcony, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Enjoyed the little morning breakfast, the washer/dryers that were available 24 hours a day, and the fact that that our request for a late check-out was accommodated so politely.
My husband and I travel regularly for business and stay in numerous hotels in Canada and the USA , and because of that experience, we agreed that most major hotels could take some very important lessons on how to treat their guests from this little gem in Amish country. Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing experience ... we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bababird
BGH_Social_Media, General Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this sparkling recommendation on TripAdvisor for our hotel. We love to hear about our guests experiences, thank you again for the detailed review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,460)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed at other motels in Berlin and this one is the best. The room is spacious, clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to make your stay perfect.The breakfast is wonderful and the extras like the fruit ,cookies and coffee and tea in the lobby make this a top notch hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank itsmedebc

Thank you for your time in giving us such a great review.Our staff truly enjoy serving our guests and I think it shows. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel in Berlin, OH. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The room was very large and clean. The beds were great for sleeping. I have hip problems, but did not have any issues with the beds. The breakfast was great, hot and ready. I loved the extra touches like cookies upon arrival. I really enjoyed the counter and extra seating area in the room. I would highly recommend anyone going to the Berlin area to check out this place. We actually had booked another location, but as soon as I saw this one online I cancelled the other reservation. I am so glad that I did as this was a better price and newer. Fosmert

Room Tip: We stayed on a 4th floor room which had a great country view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fosmert

Good afternoon and thank you for giving our hotel a try. Our mattresses are made here in the area and sold at a great little local furniture shop called Country Furniture. We appreciate the wonderful comments and recommendation that you have given our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again .... have a wonderful Summer....

Reviewed June 2, 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Our room was so spacious and clean! We traveled to Amish country with our 2 children and we all had a wonderful time. The breakfast was decent too. Our kids really enjoyed playing in the indoor pool when there was snow covering the ground outside. I can't say enough good about this wonderful hotel! Definitely hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Celeste S
BGH_Social_Media, General Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for giving us such a great review. There's nothing like an indoor pool when it's cold and snowy outside. We welcome you back during the Summer months too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Clean, fresh, new, tastefully decorated. Beds were like sleeping on clouds. There was nothing I didn't like about this place. It's close enough to walk to downtown, wonderful restaurant just next door, the staff were so nice. I can't say anything bad. I will come back!!! Oh, and the flowers planted around the hotel were just beautiful, we sat outside in the evening and talked. OH, one last thing. You were not sealed in like a coffin in this hotel. The sliding glass door opens to the outside. I could breath clean, fresh air~. That added about 10 extra points to this already wonderful place. I loved it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello, thank you for your great review of our hotel, it's great to hear that you took advantage of our patios and the relaxing courtyard, we appreciate that you shared this review and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Berlin Grande is beautiful and the location is excellent, You can walk to most places in Berlin. The staff is great and very helpful. The one negative is that the floor are all made of wood and we had a family staying above us with kids and the noise was pretty loud as the kids ran around and i assume jumped off the beds. The staff did everything they could even went to the room and asked them to quiet down. My suggestion would be to ask for a room on the top floor.
I would not let this small problem prevent me from staying there again. Chances are next time there will not be a family staying above us

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Good Afternoon, thank you for sharing your review of our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again to Ohio's Beautiful Amish Country

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is my 3 time staying here and will always stay every year I come back, the hospitality is AAA+ and accomodations are very comfortable. You wont go wrong here. Rooms are very spacious and the bed u will sleep like a rock.

Room Tip: Great breakfast and yummy cookies...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BGH_Social_Media, General Manager at Berlin Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your continued patronage and sharing your great experiences at our hotel with the folks here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Resort
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Berlin Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!