“Wonderful, Clean, Large rooms, Great Price”
Review of Berlin Resort

Berlin Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Berlin
MD
“Wonderful, Clean, Large rooms, Great Price”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Found the hotel on the GPS after midnight. Wow was the first reaction and thought it would be very expensive. Went inside & everything was spotless, and the price was great for the value. Rooms were very large, beds were comfortable, staff was courteous, rooms were very clean as well. Shower pressure was awesome. Zero complaints on this one. Breakfast was average, but I see that is going to be upgraded. We are headed back this weekend to try out a suite!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sammy739
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback as it will help us in making improvements for the future. I am so happy you enjoyed the hotel and your room. As you said we are working on expanding our breakfast, and that should be accomplished before spring. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel, we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Second time in an executive suite! WOW! Illuminated wood sunken ceiling with chandelier. Fireplace in corner. 2-person jacuzzi. Walk in stone tiled shower. Large room. 50-60" TV. Just pass on the breakfast although the sitting area is upgraded, the food is not. If you like powdered eggs and microwaved preheated sausage, you're in luck. Also---odd no in room coffee maker..

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the fancy room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaneWilder
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We are so happy that you've enjoyed your stay in the Executive Suite. I absolutely love how the ceilings are done in there. As you may have noticed the hotel is making many changes, with that we are also planning on expanding breakfast selection. It is in the works and should be done within the next few months. We will offer sausage gravy & biscuits, breakfast burritos, omelets and a few other items. Again, thank you for your review, we look forward to serving you again in the future!
NC
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location with beautiful views. They have great amenities like a theater (very comfy seats), indoor pool and hot tub, wifi, etc. So those are the positive things. The room could use renovating. The beds were okay but I didn't care for the thin linens. The carpets smell musty especially in the ballroom. Also all of the top portions of the outlets in the room wouldn't hold a plug. I caught a peek in the suites and I guess they spent all their money in those rooms as they look quite nice and updated! You could visibly feel the nicer carpet walking down the hallway to those rooms. Breakfast was awful - except for the fresh baked bread. They served powdered eggs and instant oatmeal in packets (which seemed quite odd to me in Amish country) and your typical breads, sausage, yogurt, etc. Most of the staff I encountered were kind and helpful - a couple acted like they couldn't be bothered to look up from their computer. All in all, I wouldn't stay here again unless they renovated and had a nicer breakfast (especially on Sunday when nothing else is open).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jolena28
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is very valuable to us! I apologize that you had problems with our outlets, I have reported the issue to our maintenance department. Our suites were an add on a few years back so they are much newer than the regular rooms. We offer a variety of things for breakfast such as waffles, toast, sausage, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, hot and cold cereal and bagels. We are still expanding on our breakfast to add sausage gravy & biscuits, omelets and burritos. Thanks again for your feedback!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend in amish country and stayed at the Berlin hotel and suites. Great value, clean, updated. Our only complaint was having a room close to the main road. My husband had difficulty sleeping with the riad noise and the noisy refrigerator. Even with this minor issue, we booked a room for New Year's Eve.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank belee1011
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us improve things or let's us know we are doing something right. I apologize that you had noise keeping you up during the night, for New Year's Eve we will make sure you are in a quiet room! Thank you for your business and we will look forward to seeing you again here soon!
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the executive suite and it was more than expected, room was very clean and the fireplace and huge shower were wonderful, this wad our second stay here and we will stay here again

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jennda3
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback helps us improve for the future! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Executive Suite! The fireplace is especially nice this time of year! We are looking forward to serving you again in the future, thank you again for your review!
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I stay here probably once a month just for a relaxing get away. We have never had an issue with our room, they are always clean and comfortable. We usually get a balcony room and our favorite thing is to sit out there and just enjoy the peace and quiet late at night or early in the morning. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The cookies at check in are my favorite, hubby doesn't get one! haha I always recommend Berlin Hotel and Suites when people ask where to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrissyLPN
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we are so happy that you enjoy your time here at Berlin Hotel & Suites! There's nothing better than sitting outside in the quiet and listening to a buggy stroll by. We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel, word or mouth is so powerful. Thank you again for this wonderful review, we look forward to serving you again soon!
NC
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay. The rooms are huge. The tv is huge. the bathroom is beautiful. There is a nice table to sit at and even a reclining leather love seat my only complaint is that upon checking in, they said our reservation was cancelled and we never cancelled it. They did arrange and pay for a room in a local town. That hotel is the subject of another review -a bad review. We got one night in at the Berlin Hotel and suites and loves it but we were supposed to have two nights here. If I go again, I will call and confirm reservations a couple of days beforehand.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the room! I wanted to personally apologize for our mistake in cancelling the room you had on Friday evening. I am glad that we could take care of another room for you so that you got a chance to enjoy your stay on Saturday. Thank you again for the great review, we hope to serve you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Grande Hotel
#1 of 4 in Millersburg
Amish Country Lodging
Amish Country Lodging
#2 of 10 in Berlin

Been to Berlin Resort? Share your experiences!