“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Berlin
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel has a beautiful setting, with a waterfall, gazebo, huge lawn with cornhole game and croquet and plenty of space for playing and walking. They have a small theater with three movies a night, one about the Amish world, and two others. The night we were there we saw "Mall Cop", perfect for relaxing at the end of a long day. Our room was a great price and nothing was lacking. We loved it! And we loved being right on the edge of Berlin. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel was awesome. Beautiful view from our glider on our deck. The $79.00 price for this hotel was a GREAT bargain. The indoor pool and hot tub were very much appreciated at the end of a long day. We will return.

• Stayed September 2012
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here recently & really loved this place. The grounds are beautiful, with a waterfall pond with fish you can feed & lovely gazebo. Also firepits at night with seating.

Nice clean rooms & beds. Nice balconies overlooking grounds. Pool is nice. At checkin they give you warm cookies.

Good location & prices good, will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2012

For our 9th anniversary I knew my wife would enjoy a visit to the Amish country,Dinner at Der Dutchman and then I let her pick out one of two theater's available in Berlin and then the night stay at Berlin Hotel and Suites. Next day was a day of going throught Amish stores which she loves to do.
Now to review the hotel. When I made the reservations I wanted a room a little more classy for the occasion so instead of the normal double queen/coffee pot room I splurged and reserved a
Deluxe Jacuzzi Room w/ King bed. A private porch that looked like it was in a rose garden for $129.00. After checking in we went to our room and Iturned on my tablet and noticed that a special was being offered at the hotel for all rooms. Our room was $89.00. I went back down to the desk and ask if it was possible to stay at that price and they automatically charged my card the lower fee without any hesitation what so ever.If you go on their web site the description of the Hotel is exactly what it is.I can't think of any thing that was a problem. A great experience.

Room Tip: Since this was the first time at this Hotel all I can tell you is the room we stayed in was wonderfu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is right off of Rt.39, the main drag for Amish Country, Berlin, Walnut Creek, and Charm ,Ohio. I tried it because everyone was booked. It was nice that they had plenty of rooms to offer. I booked a "standard" (one step up from economy) room with 2 queen beds. They were clean. Each bed had four awesomely puffy pillows (that was the best for me)! The water pressure was fierce in the shower (note: guard yourself when turning water on). It took us a while to figure out the a/c as there is one large older one on the wall as well as a small newer unit on the opposite wall, no note as which one to use.The bathroom door opened up right exactly next to the toilet seat, inches away. The breakfast area was cramped with people waiting for seats to open up. They definitely need to increase this room size with more tables ,to balance the room/people ratio. The check-in and out process was simple and easy. The theater is only open at certain times with no eating inside. The gym is always open and the pool closes at night (I can't remember the time). There is a LOT of walking and hallways ! Whew! The hotel staff was very accommodating with any requests we had. Note: if you need extra blankets they keep them in the bottom dresser drawer. I am extremely picky and a little hard to please type of person. This hotel was good for me. Clean, close , breakfast included, average price, well lit and safe. Not a bad experience.They did have spacier prettier rooms for more cost.

Room Tip: Ask how far you have to walk to get to your room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
new jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I just returned from my second visit to this hotel. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and was always disappointed until I came across this hotel. The rooms are extremely clean, breakfast is convenient and well equipped and the hotel grounds are top notch. After working all day I couldn't wait to return to this hotel and grab a complimentary cup of coffee or tea and go out to the outdoor areas to enjoy the firepits, the various patios with rockers and gliders and the gorgeous koi (huge) pond. The indoor swimming pool and hot tub are a nice size, and the hotel location for local sightseeing, restaurants and shopping is perfect. Some rooms have balconies and the suites have gas fireplaces, huge flat screen t.v.s and huge showers.

Room Tip: standard rooms have the option of a balcony overlooking the grand lawn and patios (highly recommend...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We recently visited the Amish Country and during our stay, we visited two different area hotels. We were pleased with both! The values are amazing! The Berlin grande was the other hotel we visited and really, the only advantage it had over this one was location because you can walk everywhere with ease. This one was wonderful though. We splurged for the suite--was not much more and well worth it! Large rooms with jacuzzi tub, awesome shower, beautiful decor, sitting area, small kitchenette area. I visited with my mom and 2 small kids and it was plenty of room. They have a free continental breakfast too and cookies at the desk. There's a gazebo, pond with fish, croquet, corn hole, a fire pit with a lot of chairs around it, walking trails, s theater with movie showings for kids and adults, a great pool and gazebo.. And a fitness area, as well as a lounging area with couches and a tv. It's a really great stay for a family or a couple! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Amberlovestravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Grande Hotel
#1 of 4 in Millersburg
Amish Country Lodging
Amish Country Lodging
#2 of 11 in Berlin

Been to Berlin Resort? Share your experiences!