“Go Meat!!”

Zach's Place
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A funky, fun restaurant and butcher shop, bar all rolled in to one.
The very best smoked brisket I have ever had! Sultry, smoky razor thin sliced beef that simply melted in my mouth. Service brisk and friendly. Atmosphere is quirky but easy and casual, with a bar on one side, booths and tables in the middle and a butcher counter on the other side. If you like brisket you will love Zach's. Do try it!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Zach's after hearing from several people how good their steaks are. We were not disappointed at all! We both ordered porterhouse steaks and they were cooked perfectly. You can tell this place uses quality meat. We also tried the crab stuffed mushrooms and they were out of this world. They were big and topped with this yummy cream sauce. I couldn't believe the value of them. It was definitely not artificial crabmeat and the appetizer was 5.95 for two extra large stuffed mushroom caps. Our waitress was good. She definitely smiled and tried to be helpful. The atmosphere is very casual, which is surprising for such good food.
Definitely return.

1  Thank Clevelandgal1970
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Not good. Cook wanted to fight me in parking lot after I told him food was bad. Showed him a pic of the salad with lettuce 3-5 days old...he could not see it in the sunlight. Right!! Delmonico steak was worst I'vd ever had. He said it was me. Really felt like Hell's Ktichen....cook in denial of his food. Owners need to see whats going on here. I travel and eat out every week...this is the worst place I've tried in 4-5 years. Beware folks.This place is a disaster and the cook is not stable.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband has been here with a friend several times and always raved about the $14.95 Sunday t-bone special. He finally took me here last Sunday. Nothing special when you walk in (there's "The Kramer" portrait from Seinfeld when you walk in), looks like an unassuming neighborhood bar/restaurant. We ate at the bar, the barmaid was friendly and attentive. We both ordered the t-bone special (there are others plus special throughout the week). For $14.95 we got 24 oz. thick t-bone steaks grilled perfectly rare, mixed vegetables that were obviously fresh (green beans, broccoli, yellow squash, red peppers), roll. He had baked potato and I had freshly cut fries. He had salad, I had homemade chicken noodle soup that had lots of chicken, carrots, celery and flat wide noodles in broth that was perfectly seasoned and not overly salty. We both took home enough for another meal. Zach's also has takeout and sells their steaks raw. I can see why this place has been in business for many years, the food is fantastic and priced very reasonably. We will definitely keep going back!

2  Thank lovemb

Been to Zach's Place? Share your experiences!